Bowles on Fitz Next Year

whodeawhodat

He hates Jets fans? 

Of course he said he wants to come back :)

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/ryan-fitzpatrick-still-on-track-for-jets-encore-after-horrible-end/

I want him back. I really didn't want him here even as a backup but I want him back. He's going to make mistakes and throw picks but that comes with the territory of a second or third tier guy. You also don't have to wrap up a ton of money in him and he has great chemistry with Deck and Marshall. We've been in every game he's played in. I'm more concerned about reliable number 3/4 receivers for when those guys are covered. Our depth guys have gotten open pretty consistently but they haven't made plays a lot of the time.

Without Marshall and Decker Fitz will lose his magic..

He had good receivers for once, and delivered. So, do we dismiss all QB 's who have good receivers to throw to? How did Phillip Rivers do with a lack of talent around him? Fitz was 10-5 this season and no one predicted that, yet everyone knew we had Marshall and Decker on the roster. So, what gives? There is no way the Jets will not try to resign him. With a lack of a consistent running game and very poor special teams, there were a number of games where the quarterback carried this team. Double digit wins are largely the result of Fitzpatrick's strong play. 

Well they better make some big improvements.  Next year's opponents aren't the cake-walk they had this year...

Home opponents (*playoff team): New England Patriots*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks*, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals*, Baltimore Ravens.

Away opponents (*playoff team): New England Patriots*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals*, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs*, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers*.

No one is advocating dumping him outright.  I mean even if you think Geno would have fared the same this year there isn't much of a reason to leave the cupboard empty.  Petty will still have his training wheels next year so unless you make a splash then just stick with Fitz and Geno..  and give them a chance to compete in training camp.

Well they better make some big improvements.  Next year's opponents aren't the cake-walk they had this year...

Home opponents (*playoff team): New England Patriots*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks*, St. Louis Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals*, Baltimore Ravens.

Away opponents (*playoff team): New England Patriots*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals*, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs*, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers*.

:badmood:Thanks for spoiling the good Mojo we had going this year.

Cut/Trade Geno, Sign both Bradford, and Fitzpatrick let them battle it out while Petty watches. 

Now the hard part here, some how convincing both to sign with the other here.  I don't have an answer, and it's probably not really possible other than promising Bradford starting job, and the after locking him up, give Fitz ridiculous money to be a backup, like more money than anyone else is offering, and hope he knows Bradford is a serious injury risk, and he will probably get a chance to play.  OR do the scumbag thing, and after promising Bradford he is the starter get him signed, and then sign Fitz, and tell them both oh by the way it's an open competition didn't know we could get Fitzpatrick back so your gonna have to go beat out the guy that the team is willing to run through a wall for regardless of some of his talent short comings, in hopes it makes Bradford step up his game like he never has before.

I can't imagine Fitz gets a better opportunity than throwing to Decker and Marshall. He has to know that he might make more money elsewhere but it will be short-lived because no team is going to hook him on a long deal without seeing what he does without two high end receivers. Given his history he probably doesn't put up these numbers with any other team in need of a QB. There will be other offers. Maybe short term deal with more money up front. He would be dumb to take them.

Don't like Bowles coming out and saying it. While it should be obvious, all it does is give Fitzpatrick leverage as well as leaving egg on the Jets' faces should he sign elsewhere.

I'm all for Fitz returning under a reasonable, short term deal. NOTHING like the one Buffalo once gave him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut/Trade Geno, Sign both Bradford, and Fitzpatrick let them battle it out while Petty watches. 

Now the hard part here, some how convincing both to sign with the other here.  I don't have an answer, and it's probably not really possible other than promising Bradford starting job, and the after locking him up, give Fitz ridiculous money to be a backup, like more money than anyone else is offering, and hope he knows Bradford is a serious injury risk, and he will probably get a chance to play.  OR do the scumbag thing, and after promising Bradford he is the starter get him signed, and then sign Fitz, and tell them both oh by the way it's an open competition didn't know we could get Fitzpatrick back so your gonna have to go beat out the guy that the team is willing to run through a wall for regardless of some of his talent short comings, in hopes it makes Bradford step up his game like he never has before.

if the jets sign Bradford (which I hope) there's no way he's not the starter. He's way more talented than fitz

He should come back, Petty and a rookie or FA will compete for the back up. I saw Fitz get better as the year went on, not sure if it was quality of opponent, getting more familiar again with the system, or that his leg got stronger as it got healthier throughout the year. Either way, he should go in as the started next year, as long as there is real competition/development behind him. 

Archived