2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

38 minutes ago, no psls said:

The Mets will regret giving up on Murphy .

images.png

The Mets tendered him an offer. He decided to shop himself elsewhere. The Mets had someone waiting in the wings, that they feel will be a larger part of their organization.

You don't manage a roster worrying about regret. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, no psls said:

We'll see how much they miss Murphy when Wright breaks down ; Cabrera gets hurt and Duda goes into his month long daze .

Walker moves to third, Reynolds gets a shot at shortstop, and we make a trade to upgrade 1B at the deadline.

Next hypothetical please.

5 minutes ago, no psls said:

Trade with what ? Besides , we can't pay anyone worth a damn because of Coupons Wilpon.

broke.jpg

Last I checked, we have the most loaded pitching staff in baseball, with Zach Wheeler coming back in June/July.

Plenty of trade chips to cash in IF we so choose.

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Trade with what ? Besides , we can't pay anyone worth a damn because of Coupons Wilpon.

broke.jpg

That line died a bit this offseason.  They spent the money to keep Cespedes.  And as Jetsfan80 said:

Additional first round pick + Neil Walker + Money saved + Not blocking Dilson Herrera  >>>>>>> Daniel Murphy

1 hour ago, no psls said:

We'll see how much they miss Murphy when Wright breaks down ; Cabrera gets hurt and Duda goes into his month long daze .

.280 with 14 HRs and poor defense is replaceable.  He had a ridiculous stretch in the playoffs but don't forget what kind of player he is overall.

On a more regular note, I know there's only so much you can take from things right now, but I think that was a big win. The Mets needed that one a lot more than the Royals needed it. I feel like Familia needed that bad and the team needed to see Walker turn that grounder at the end. Helped put last year to bed finally.

Also IMO hands down Thor is the best pitcher on this staff. deGrom and Harvey may be more consistent but Thor's ceiling is way higher than both.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Olerud/Alfonso/Rey/Ventura. Yup.

I would have said 2000, but saying the name "Todd Zeile" leaves a sour taste in my mouth to this day.  Almost as bad as Doug Mientkiewicz.  Or Mo Vaughn.  F*ck we've had some sh*tty first basemen.

Just left. Was at the entire weekend. Collins back to some of these real head scratchers the entire weekend. He should have left Henderson in for the 8th and for god's sake with the refusal to ever bat Duda anywhere else. Having Wright on deck instead of pinching on Saturday at the end. I really can't believe we kicked off the year with dropping a series to this no-name sh*tty ass ballclub. 

The good news at least is they're getting bats on the ball. But man I forgot how frustrating Terry can be with his moves sometimes. 

5 hours ago, no psls said:

Matt Harvey ; 25-20 lifetime record ; real stud !!!!!!

Wins/Losses = just about the worst way to evaluate a starting pitcher.

Colby Lewis was 17-9 with a 4.66 ERA and 1.24 WHIP

Harvey was 13-8 with a 2.71 ERA and 1.02 WHIP

Who do you think had a better year?

7 hours ago, adb280z said:

Wins/Losses = just about the worst way to evaluate a starting pitcher.

Colby Lewis was 17-9 with a 4.66 ERA and 1.24 WHIP

Harvey was 13-8 with a 2.71 ERA and 1.02 WHIP

Who do you think had a better year?

Degrom

Archived