2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

35 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

So , where is our bullpen help ? The pick-ins are slim !!!!

Opening day is over 3 months away. There is not a reason to overpay. I would be happy re-signing Salas and getting more out of Smoker and Robles. I am sure that Alderson will exceed that. Plus, Wheeler will be working out of the bullpen to start the season. Not to mention what we get out of either Gsellman or Lugo in the pen. Gnoa is also not far off. 

Those that panic get fleeced.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Opening day is over 3 months away. There is not a reason to overpay. I would be happy re-signing Salas and getting more out of Smoker and Robles. I am sure that Alderson will exceed that. Plus, Wheeler will be working out of the bullpen to start the season. Not to mention what we get out of either Gsellman or Lugo in the pen. Gnoa is also not far off. 

Those that panic get fleeced.

Yeah. Plus middle relief fluctuates year to year so much. Way more than any other unit. Guys that are hot one year go completely cold the next. Look at Bastardo.

Finding bargain studs in the bullpen might be the thing that Alderson has excelled at most now that I think about it.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2016-hitter-contact-quality-report-nl-third-basemen/

Wilmer Flores wasn’t nearly as good as his traditional numbers in 2016. His 78 Adjusted Contact Score falls well short of his 100 Unadjusted level because of a huge discrepancy on fly balls. He batted .348 AVG-.910 SLG (113 Unadjusted Contact Score) though his granular data supports a much lower 69 mark. His overall BIP authority has been trending downward for three seasons now, and he has always been a popup generator. He was only as productive as he was in 2016 because of an elevated fly ball rate which is likely to tick down moving forward. There’s not much to be excited about.

Archived