2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks Gato.  Now go get your f*ckin shinebox. 

Bandwagon idiot not even from Chicago that didn't start rooting for the Cubs until they started turning the organization around is coming in here and lecturing us about fan culture. I'd say it's shocking but the dude's schtick got old years ago with other sh*t on a similar tip. Sooner or later he jumps into just about any topic trying to pull his act. Honestly the best strategy is not acknowledging his presence until he gives up and goes away. Attention whores can't thrive when they're not being pandered to.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got tickets for Saturday.  On the first base line, close to right field so my girl friend can scream and yell at Grandy and leave me in a heat beat if he's feeling her.

It's cool though, I'm going to try my hardest to pick up Thor since he's on the mound. 

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bandwagon idiot not even from Chicago that didn't start rooting for the Cubs until they started turning the organization around is coming in here and lecturing us about fan culture. I'd say it's shocking but the dude's schtick got old years ago with other sh*t on a similar tip. Sooner or later he jumps into just about any topic trying to pull his act. Honestly the best strategy is not acknowledging his presence until he gives up and goes away. Attention whores can't thrive when they're not being pandered to.

Wrong.  You just accept mediocrity and fail to recognize the greatness of Ben Zobrist.  Good luck when all those talented pitchers want money and stuff.  Learn to take a compliment or something.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks Gato.  Now go get your f*ckin shinebox. 

That's not how that line works? **** you guys got odd, what happened? 

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Rotfl says JN's local self appointed alpha dog...Goooo **** yourself ya ****. Stick to lording over us all with your sick in depth knowledge of Daredevil comics.

This is ******* pathetic...Literally the only people in this thread with any ill will to start were you dipsh*ts.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wrong.  You just accept mediocrity and fail to recognize the greatness of Ben Zobrist.  Good luck when all those talented pitchers want money and stuff.  Learn to take a compliment or something.

hahahaha ok man something something im horrible at sarcasm but im still gonna try it anyways because if I don't keep trolling this thread its gonna look like I lost the fight

This place went to sh*t haaaaaaaaaard. Wow.

18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

hahahaha ok man something something im horrible at sarcasm but im still gonna try it anyways because if I don't keep trolling this thread its gonna look like I lost the fight

If I actually lost the big fight this also wouldn't be happening. I forgot just how much of a dipsh*t you are when there's years between having to really take notice but good to see you are  still going strong there. I'm the idiot but this mook believes you have to be from Chicago to like a Chicago sports team, alrighty then. Stick to Star Wars, movie, and comic trivia. You've never been much with the whole sports thing.

Now that your leader has had his say and marked his wittle tewittowy, I'll voluntarily leave. It's clear that reasonable discussion is impossible with you clowns. Sorry to disturb your peace.

1 minute ago, faba said:

Duda on disabled list 4 to 6 weeks

Conforto taking some reps in practice at 1B supposedly. Keith must be happy. He's been advocating for that since last year. 

Been saying it since the first couple weeks. There's been a glaring hole in infield depth since the season started. Campbell is terrible and this organization has never been able to find a spot for Flores. I like the Kelly call-up because it means at the very least we're going to experiment around a little bit before succumbing to a trade. Walker at first and calling Dilson up might make some sense too. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Conforto taking some reps in practice at 1B supposedly. Keith must be happy. He's been advocating for that since last year. 

Been saying it since the first couple weeks. There's been a glaring hole in infield depth since the season started. Campbell is terrible and this organization has never been able to find a spot for Flores. I like the Kelly call-up because it means at the very least we're going to experiment around a little bit before succumbing to a trade. Walker at first and calling Dilson up might make some sense too. 

Herrera has nothing to do at triple A- he has teared that up so he should come back up and play. 

1 minute ago, faba said:

Herrera has nothing to do at triple A- he has teared that up so he should come back up and play. 

Agreed. I think if he could play something other than second he would have been up already, but it would have been pointless earlier with Walker dropping bombs nightly. You can't call a future starter up and not have him playing.

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Wouldn't have happened if you guys could just take a compliment.

The Cubs are all in for a whole lot longer than this year. Heyward was a good signing that probably will be a great signing by the time his opt outs come up. Zobrist is already one of the big difference makers between the Cubs and the Mets this year, the Cubs' lineup depth just trounces theirs. That Mets fans aren't losing any sleep over passing on Zobrist is mostly a matter of underrating the player, overrating what you can get in FA (while underrating what it costs), and a long history with accepting mediocrity.

Not underrating the player...he's a good player.... A great addition for a team that thinks they have WS aspirations. Is he a huge upgrade over Walker or Castro even? The season will tell.

BTW...the Cubs have won 4 more games than the Mets this season.  I'll tip my hat to their front office for being all in but until I see otherwise in the post season I will always think of their line-up as "Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Night" when facing a staff like the Mets.

P.S.  Cub fans should not talk mediocrity as it relates to other teams and fan bases until.... you know.....they win something.

Never said Cubs fans aren't insufferable themselves....They got plenty used to losing too and just last night some guy talked about shooting the umpire for making the correct call on Baez's baserunning gaffe. In terms of utility, fit, reliability, and flexibility, Zobrist was a big upgrade from Castro. Walker's definitely a competent (lower ceiling, similar or maybe even slightly higher floor) consolation under a favorable contract landed with a franchise surplus. Still, there's no denying that Zobrist was extremely high on the Mets' wish list and that they'd probably project better than the Cubs if he was on their roster rather than Chicago's - assuming Cespedes too. That was literally my whole point when I came back into this thread, knowing the Mets' IF problem after starting two minor leaguers against your top division rival, but more had to be made of it because stuff and things. I hope that clears it up as I'd prefer not to be dragged back into this thread with some of these wackjobs.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Agreed. I think if he could play something other than second he would have been up already, but it would have been pointless earlier with Walker dropping bombs nightly. You can't call a future starter up and not have him playing.

I'd like to see Walker try 1st.

Cespedas has just been flat out a better player on the Mets than he ever was with the A's, Red Sox, or Tigers. Numbers bare that out as well. He still does stupid sh*t from time to time, and he always had the tools, but he's seemingly put it all together in Queens.

Taking game one in this series was huge.  The Captain, Walker, Colon and Cespedes step up.

1/2  game back despite all the BS about how the team was in trouble.

Looking forward to Harvey hopefully getting back on track tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see how quickly Sandy makes a move for an outfielder or 1st Baseman.

49 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Taking game one in this series was huge.  The Captain, Walker, Colon and Cespedes step up.

1/2  game back despite all the BS about how the team was in trouble.

Looking forward to Harvey hopefully getting back on track tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see how quickly Sandy makes a move for an outfielder or 1st Baseman.

I think they're going to tinker around a bit with some options before that ever happens. My guess is they'll see if Wilmer can find himself again too. If something does happen it won't be until near the deadline, unless someone comes by with a ridiculous offer of course. The nice thing about trying Conforto at first is that if it works out, it means Lagares can get some more playing time and possibly establish himself as a trade chip.

2 hours ago, adb280z said:

I'd like to see Walker try 1st.

It's an interesting fallout that happens from Conforto or Walker. If they give Walker a go, it means they can call Dilson up. If they give Conforto a shot, it means Lagares gets out there more. We'll probably do neither of those and just keep kidding ourselves into Wilmer over and over because Mets.

One thing is getting more and more obvious by the week though, and that's TJ Rivera needs to be added to the 40-man roster ASAP.

Henderson and Reed have been very good leading up to Familia.

Duda has been lost mostly this year again with breaking balls- hopefully sooner rather than later Smith can show he can hit to support his draft status

40 minutes ago, faba said:

Henderson and Reed have been very good leading up to Familia.

Yup.  Henderson looking like a really good, under the radar signing.    Much rather see him go out there than Tyler Clippard.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Henderson looking like a really good, under the radar signing.    Much rather see him go out there than Tyler Clippard.

Robles has a rubber arm and Blevis is an ideal LOOGY. Then add Verrett who can go long and spot start for you and they have rounded nicely.

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I told you guys Harvey needed to stay at the innings limit the dr prescribed last season.  Congrats you lost your ace

Good thing we have three others....with yet another getting ready to join them by the end of the summer.

Yeah, that's some sound thinking: fight all year and turn away at the eleventh hour. No competitor thinks that way.

Save your congrats. They're premature....like an ejaculation kinda.

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good thing we have three others....with yet another getting ready to join them by the end of the summer.

Yeah, that's some sound thinking: fight all year and turn away at the eleventh hour. No competitor thinks that way.

Save your congrats. They're premature....like an ejaculation kinda.

FOUR OTHERS PAL.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/bartolo-homer.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The fact that all four 'Aces' hit like mf's too will pay dividends.

Good to see our D up the middle is so much better. If it weren't for Dominic Smith looming at 1st base in the minors I'd love to see Conforto work towards playing there. I'd like to see a guy that bats LH to play both corners added, and also get Wright to work towards 1st base, if any body.

Rene Rivera might just be the best defensive Catcher we have. I'm not down on d'Arnaud like many fans and am really hoping for him to get well.

But, if Plawecki keeps hovering around the Medoza Line I think his job may be at risk, and a viable LH hitting Catcher could be a really nice addition. Are we gonna live with two catchers hitting .200? If we were rock solid in the middle of the lineup I could. Even with Duda I want at least more consistency.

Even a guy like AJ  Pierzynski who could add some attitude and bat against RH pitching

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Loney makes a loooooot of sense. That would be a stellar move.

I hope we don't go after Loney.   I guess he would be serviceable but would rather see a bat with more pop or see Flores get a shot at every day AB's again.... if he can handle the position defensively. Hopefully Duda is back for the stretch run.

20 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I hope we don't go after Loney.   I guess he would be serviceable but would rather see a bat with more pop or see Flores get a shot at every day AB's again.... if he can handle the position defensively. Hopefully Duda is back for the stretch run.

I disagree. The Mets are in need of infielders that can play a few positions and get on base. Loney might very well be done but he's a low cost move and definitely worth the risk based on recent numbers. If the Mets need to go after someone better they can wait until closer to the deadline when they won't be sacrificing leverage.

As for Wilmer, who knows. He looked completely lost at the plate when the season started and I don't think we have the luxury of letting him go out there and figure it out on his own. The division is simply too tight this year to play anyone that's not producing. JMO

On 5/23/2016 at 2:26 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Also I hope to god I'm wrong here but I think not skipping Harvey on Wed is just dumb. Horrible stage to send him back out to after that last dumpster fire of a start. These Nats games are simply too important to be ******* around like this. Harvey has a lot to figure out and asking him to do it within the context of what are essentially playoff games is unfair to everyone involved.

Aaaaaand yahtzee.

Archived