2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

51 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Really wish they'd DFA De Aza and keep Nimmo up. I suppose Lagares looking good has something to do with it but come on. De Aza is so useless.

Yeah just admit is was a mistake and get rid of him. Nimmo as a bench player though is why they are doing it- they want him to play every day at Vegas

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, faba said:

Yeah just admit is was a mistake and get rid of him. Nimmo as a bench player though is why they are doing it- they want him to play every day at Vegas

I wonder what they're going to do next year with him. They have to bring back Cespedes, so unless they're absolutely not even going to try Conforto at first, they're going to have to look into moving Granderson. They can't keep him down for another year.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wonder what they're going to do next year with him. They have to bring back Cespedes, so unless they're absolutely not even going to try Conforto at first, they're going to have to look into moving Granderson. They can't keep him down for another year.

I expect them to replace Granderson who I like as person and teammate but need better defense and average production

I heard in the radio call of the game that Cespedes said something along the lines that he'd prefer to be mainly in LF the rest of the way. I imagine due to all the leg ailments he's had this season. I like the move (Conforto call up) but really had hoped that Conforto would come back to almost everyday AB's which doesn't seem to be the case with Lagares starting to hit and Yo's comments about playing LF.  At any rate he's a welcome addition if he's figured out what sent him into such a funk. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What if Cespedes opts out ?

5 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

I heard in the radio call of the game that Cespedes said something along the lines that he'd prefer to be mainly in LF the rest of the way. I imagine due to all the leg ailments he's had this season. I like the move (Conforto call up) but really had hoped that Conforto would come back to almost everyday AB's which doesn't seem to be the case with Lagares starting to hit and Yo's comments about playing LF.  At any rate he's a welcome addition if he's figured out what sent him into such a funk. 

Has Conforto ever played right? If he can that's an easy fix for next year as Nimmo is a natural center fielder.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:42 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Cespedes out again. I guess if this was going to happen out of the break, Philly's the place do it. We always seem to hit well out of there.

I am wondering if they should just shut him down until Monday. We're going to need runs at Wrigley. I'm heading to the Tuesday and Wednesday games. Maybe the Monday night game too if prices drop low enough. All three of these games have almost sold out. Crazy.

You better not jinx us in Chicago !!!!

14 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

I've been saying it all year long, I think the strongest line up Collins can roll out is with Lagares in the Center and Ces and Grandy in the corners.  As much as I love Conforto and want to see him gets a ton of AB's, Lagares is just more valuable IMO.  What he brings to the field is amazing and he really has become a tough out at the plate.  

I figure Conforto can be a rotational guy, give Ces and Grandy rest, be a pinch hitter and start if necessary.  

Terry's latest on his outfield plans:

Mets manager Terry Collins said that Yoenis Cespedes will play center field on Tuesday.

Cespedes prefers to play left field, partially to protect his recent quad injury, but he'll slide over to center field on Tuesday in order to go Michael Conforto's bat in the lineup. However, the Mets don't plan to make this a regular thing. Mets manager Terry Collins indicated Monday that Conforto could see time in center field now that he's back from the minors. That's not an ideal alignment

Flores at 1st Base tonight with the Cubs throwing a lefty.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Sometimes, it's just not your year...

Things worked perfect last year- Sandy made the right moves when he had to- Wash was classic underperformers- that is why you have to get it when you have that shot

18 hours ago, JiF said:

This team sucks 

Lester just flat outpitched Matz last night. We had a few opportunities early and then again late when they went to their pen. Same problem all year in failing to get a big hit with RISP.

The Cabrerra no bunt decision early on was a rally killer in that he hit into a DP but other than that you have to tip your hat to Lester as well as Rizzo for being all over the change up that Darling felt Matz tipped off.

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Terry Collins said one day was not enough of an acclimation period for Michael Conforto working out in center field. So Curtis Granderson is for the very short term playing there. "We're going to ease him into it," Collins said about Conforto.

That was an insane game to be at. What a team pitching duel from top to bottom. 

Place was so packed. This whole series has been. My god I hate Wrigley. 80 gazillion people packed into a sh*thole with like 5 bathrooms throughout the place, dogsh*t for food and one blocked sightline after another. Looking forward to watching Tolo tomorrow but every time I have to step foot in this dumpster of a stadium I want to kill myself.

That was a fun game.  Actually winning it with hitting late in the game.  Pretty cool that Rivera was the hero to because he was the goat before the at bat.

Not sure what play was bigger...the Conforto gun from Right or the DP to end the game. I mean, obvi choice would be the DP but that throw and tag to save a run was great!!! 

Familia the magician gets out of the jam

I like Lagares in center field for defensive purposes. Conforto experiment there may backfire not so easy to play there as we know defensively

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Air's thick today. Really humid. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a rain delay at some point.

They're wearing the 86 greys today. So cool. Hands down the best Mets jersey ever. 

Hope we have our hitting shoes on today...

The Cubs just pitch so damn well at home. The Mets threw a lineup out there today that said we only care about resting up for Florida and that's pretty much how they played. 

Flores is so f'ing bad at 3rd. And Teuffel sending Loney to home on that Johnson hit, wtf was he thinking. Heyward had the ball before he even rounded the base.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Cubs just pitch so damn well at home. The Mets threw a lineup out there today that said we only care about resting up for Florida and that's pretty much how they played. 

Flores is so f'ing bad at 3rd. And Teuffel sending Loney to home on that Johnson hit, wtf was he thinking. Heyward had the ball before he even rounded the base.

Mets have proven they just are not a good contact hitting team- as evidenced by the terrible average with RISP and the high rate of runs scored only via home runs

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh, also worth noting, the entire upper deck ran out of water around the 6th inning today. Which was good, because nothing goes with 95 degrees and humid quite like 42,000 people squished in like sardines and no H2O.

Too bad Marlins man wasn't there. With a good case of dehydration. A beer on his head would be good.

38695863-ap_world_series_marlins_fan_bas

Unless there's a significant change with us and/or the Nats by the time of the trade deadline it's looking like a fight for the Wild Card, a dog fight too.

It's all good I guess, but I sure do hate the Nats and that really sucks losing to them....so far...

Last year was so much fun the whole way for me. Even early in the year. But man I hate to lose and this has been tough after the winning last year. Hating the Nats, and Murphy now, just makes it worse.

Archived