2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Cespedes.....

And that the arms are stocking up well. Maybe Lugo and/or Gsellman in the equation. Boras said Harvey's gonna be ready to go in ST.

I'll presume that Matz and deGrom are okay.

Really looking forward to see how Harvey will be, and Wheeler too.

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Gonna be an interesting and fun Hot Stove fo sure.....

Alleviates the grim prospects of the Jets. That the NFL pretty much sucks lessens the grief for me. Oh, and Go Rangers!!

Report: Mets talking with Jays about deal for Bruce

I would think we'll be hearing some reports about Granderson being shopped as well. The Mets OF is so overcrowded with left-handed bats, they're going to have to get rid of one and preferably two so Conforto and Nimmo can get some more playing time, and those two contracts in particular...if they can get rid of just one it helps a lot in getting Yo back.

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That ******* Bruce trade man. Only time will tell but when all is said and done I think it goes down as Sandy's all-time worst. Beats out the Pagan trade by a mile IMO.

Like you I was not a fan of that Bruce trade and we were right on what he did not produce for us. Lets try to get some value for him through trade market and redeploy the money already saved on Colon leaving

2nd Baseman signed. Wasn't sure if Sandy was gonna try and keep him. But Walker is a better player than I thought before last year, and he's a terrific leader also. 

I for one wish Wright would move along already. But I have mucho confidence that Terry will handle 3rd Base, Jose, Wilmer etc., and Wright very well.

I thought we were gonna see a change @2nd. Still expecting some changes and a trade or two.

Neil Walker accepts $17.2 million qualifying offer from Mets

2nd Baseman signed. Wasn't sure if Sandy was gonna try and keep him. But Walker is a better player than I thought before last year, and he's a terrific leader also. 
I for one wish Wright would move along already. But I have mucho confidence that Terry will handle 3rd Base, Jose, Wilmer etc., and Wright very well.

I thought we were gonna see a change @2nd. Still expecting some changes and a trade or two.

Good move by Sandy

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Too much money for an old man coming off an injury ; we could have used T J Rivera and Flores at second and still had 17 million to play with .

11 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Too much money for an old man coming off an injury ; we could have used T J Rivera and Flores at second and still had 17 million to play with .

You are all over the board with comments. When Colon, who is obviously much older than Walker left, you said that it was the "Coupons" cheapness that let Colon go.

Now, you say that Walker is over the hill, and is too much money. Which is it?

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are all over the board with comments. When Colon, who is obviously much older than Walker left, you said that it was the "Coupons" cheapness that let Colon go.

Now, you say that Walker is over the hill, and is too much money. Which is it?

Colon would be perfect insurance . He's our leading winner over the last three seasons . 17 million for Walker is a bit much . And Wilpon is a cheap bastard !!!!

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Are the Reds looking to unload Votto ?

They always are. He is overpriced for a corner infielder who is on the wrong side of 33, and signed through 2023. 

A very, very good player, but one that is more saber worthy than worth his salary in the situational game. The Reds have been repeatedly concerned with his tendency to take pitches, in hitter situations (read, runners in scoring position). While his OBP is very good, you  want him trying to drive more runs in.

Pass on this half baked idea.

49 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They always are. He is overpriced for a corner infielder who is on the wrong side of 33, and signed through 2023. 

A very, very good player, but one that is more saber worthy than worth his salary in the situational game. The Reds have been repeatedly concerned with his tendency to take pitches, in hitter situations (read, runners in scoring position). While his OBP is very good, you  want him trying to drive more runs in.

When we were hitting the skids mid-season I was clamoring for him and Phillips. But not gonna happen now. Duda's back, Dominic Smith is looming, Wilmer's in the picture, and Conforto and prolly d'Arnaud are gonna get reps at 1B. 

I'm coveting Dexter Fowler for CF and the top of the order with Jose, with Cespedes behind them......mad runs be happening with that. :)

You know some things are gonna change, and I'm holding out the Coupons surprise everybody and spend a little extra.......

I'm expecting a position player, or two, to get traded.....We'll see tho....

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

But Sandy luvs guys who get on base .

Yo is in......Now we gotta get another bonafide top of the order guy in front of him and make sure he has bonafide protection behind him.

And we are golden

Gimme Fowler and keep Bruce. Everybody else out there rides pine..... ready for Terry's call. 

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yo is in......Now we gotta get another bonafide top of the order guy in front of him and make sure he has bonafide protection behind him.

And we are golden

Gimme Fowler and keep Bruce. Everybody else out there rides pine..... ready for Terry's call. 

Cespedes is not signed yet.

If they do sign him, Fowler is not happening and Bruce is most likely gone. They have to find room to give Conforto at bats.

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Cespedes is not signed yet.

If they do sign him, Fowler is not happening and Bruce is most likely gone. They have to find room to give Conforto at bats.

Very curious to see what they can bring back for Bruce if they do lock up Cespedes. 

47 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Very curious to see what they can bring back for Bruce if they do lock up Cespedes. 

I know the want is to get a reliever. Bruce should fetch something decent, as his $13m contract for this year is of value.

Mets also need to hedge their bullpen on anticipation that Familia will probably be suspended at let an 1/8th of the season. They are going to babying arms, I am sure, and will need to use that bullpen heavily.

I am very curious to see if Smoker can be a bigger piece also.

17 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Scotty D, the gift that keeps on giving. One that is more saber worthy than worth his salary in the situational game lol...Tf does that even mean?!?! Who could actually believe something so clearly loaded with meatheaded meat? Might as well read...."Sure he's one of the great all around players and hitters in the game, but I've vaguely and maybe heard the super successful Reds want him to be worse so he's not clutch!" 

Archived