Hangar 18: Great metal song or the GREATEST metal song?

Jetsfan80

For what it's worth, that's my favorite Megadeth song. I'm not really a huge fan of theirs, though, so I'm admittedly not all that familiar with their entire catalog. 

"Greatest" metal song, though? Could be any one of at least a few dozen. "Raining Blood" by Slayer comes immediately to mind, but I'm not even sure that's at the very top of the list, either. 

For what it's worth, that's my favorite Megadeth song. I'm not really a huge fan of theirs, though, so I'm admittedly not all that familiar with their entire catalog. 

"Greatest" metal song, though? Could be any one of at least a few dozen. "Raining Blood" by Slayer comes immediately to mind, but I'm not even sure that's at the very top of the list, either. 

Great choice!  Just about anything Iron Maiden would have be candidates, naturally.

Someone on JI turned me on to this band a bunch of years back.  Almost no one knows who they are.  Maybe because they're "Christian Death Metal".

I always share this song with people I've met who don't believe metal can be melodic.  This tune is as hard rocking as it gets.  But sections of the song are almost classical in character.  If you can only listen to a bit of the tune, go to about 2:48.  This might be one of the most incredible musical passages I've ever heard.

No.  It's not even Megadeth's best song.

And dont act like you like this music to try and make up for all the terrible sh*t you've posted over the years.  We know you.  

I know right.  Whats next?  80 post a thread about the 3 woman he conducted a night  of full scale coital assault on?  Not buying it.

Megadeath is awful. Just like anthrax. Those are metal bands for the casual commercial metalhead. Hers a few candidates:

1. Slayer- reign in blood

2. Accept - fast as a shark

3. Voivod - killing technology

4. Slayer - angel of death

5. Celtic frost - into crypts of rey

6. Gorguts - obscura

7. Metallica - hit the lights

8. SOD - in want some milk

9. Anything by Human Remains (nj)

10. Extra Hot Sauce - Tonys Dilema

hope you learned something ;)

Archived