And the over-hyping of the Dolphins starts already ...

jamesr

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000618432/article/cowboys-chargers-lead-2016s-worsttofirst-candidates

3) Miami Dolphins

0ap3000000616943.jpg

They have a young quarterback in Ryan Tannehill who had a decent 2015, including 350 yards and two scores in a Week 17 winover the Patriots. He hasn't quite put it all together, but he's shown he can be the quarterback Miami needs to compete in the AFC East. The key now will be hiring a coach who can get more out of Tannehill and the rest of the roster, including big-money acquisitionNdamukong Suh. It's also important to re-sign running back Lamar Miller.

Their division is tough -- consider that the Dolphins were the only team in it with a losing record -- especially with New England perennially at the top. And Miami's 2016 schedule, which will feature theSteelersBengalsSeahawksCardinals and Rams, is no cakewalk. But the Patriots have to fallsomedayTom Brady can't play forever. The Dolphins did, after all, just beat a New England team that was trying to win. It might not be extremely likely, but the Dolphins have a decent shot to emerge as 2016's AFC East champions.

Is this just a copy and paste of every other Dolphins off season article ever written??

Stopped reading when I saw the phrase "Tannehill who had a decent 2015"

the same guy wrote this about him a week and a half ago:

After making gains across the board in each of his first three NFL seasons, Tannehill plateaued in 2015. His numbers are OK, but I didn't see the improvement I was looking for; he hasn't taken that next step. I would have expected him to win more than five games with a team that is much better than its current record. He has the ability to play quarterback, but I wonder if he has the right instincts, or if the position comes naturally to him. In that way, he might be like Jay Cutler, another talented player who has yet to put it all together. Tannehill doesn't seem to be seeing things on the field like he should be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612605/article/demarco-murray-greg-hardy-among-2015s-disappointments 

Archived