WIlkerson or Von Miller?

SR24

Who would you rather have? Denver is going to have a decision to make with Ossweiler and Miller both being free agents and only having 1 tag. If they tag Ossweiler i'd love to make a run at Miller and add arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL to our defense but it would mean saying goodbye to Wilkerson.

On a team with Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, and hopefully Snacks, you take the edge rusher Von Miller and you don't look back.

I like Mo but if we hold onto these other guys, his skill set is too redundant to justify the contract he deserves.

What if the difference per year in a Mo contract vs. a Von Miller contract?  If it's within $3-4 million, you sign Miller and back-load it, because this team hasn't committed much money in 2018 and beyond.

Then you draft a speed LB who can cover and tackle in the first round, restructure Cromartie, and go to war next year with an improved defense.  Even if they cut Cro I'm ok with Marcus Williams.

Hmmmmm

I usually don't take these "sign this beast" threads very seriously.  IMO, if Denver falters, the Jets have to be players in the Miller sweepstakes.  Don't know if they can pull it off, even with Mo's $16,000,000 in the kitty, but they have to make it expensive for some one else, or who knows?  ............................

Very long shot, but one that could happen

Broncos will have plenty of cap space after cutting Peyton Manning and Demarcus Ware

well there goes that idea...although it is difficult seeing him walk anyway. Broncos will do something.. That's a franchise type guy. Just like Deymarius Thomas last year. It was hard but they got it done.

Who would you rather have? Denver is going to have a decision to make with Ossweiler and Miller both being free agents and only having 1 tag. If they tag Ossweiler i'd love to make a run at Miller and add arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL to our defense but it would mean saying goodbye to Wilkerson.

Why would Osweiler even be considered for a franchise tag? Has he even shown to be a franchise player? 

There is no decision to be made.  Von Miller is  going to be franchised by the Bronco's.(  not even worth having  a discussion)  First the Broncos save 29 million dollars cutting just  Peyton Manning( 19)  and ware ( 10). They are going to have money to sign most of their key free agents. They should easily have 60 million by time free agency starts.

The more realistic option is do you make a run at Bruce Irvin.( he will be on the market).  There will be a lot of teams competing for him.( Raiders not only have the money, but his former lb coach Ken Norton Jr  is the Raiders Dc( just might give them the inside track there)

Bruce Irvin age ( will be29) will scare some teams off.

There is no decision to be made.  Von Miller is  going to be franchised by the Bronco's.(  not even worth having  a discussion)  First the Broncos save 29 million dollars cutting just  Peyton Manning( 19)  and ware ( 10). They are going to have money to sign most of their key free agents. They should easily have 60 million by time free agency starts.

The more realistic option is do you make a run at Bruce Irvin.( he will be on the market).  There will be a lot of teams competing for him.( Raiders not only have the money, but his former lb coach Ken Norton Jr  is the Raiders Dc( just might give them the inside track there)

Too bad Danny Trevathan is a Bronco. There's another top Linebacker with speed who this team could really use. As long as we get either that would satisfy me although there's a solid chance we get neither.

Silly thread.  

They are not letting Miller go anywhere. But if this fantasy were to become reality, of course it would be Miller.. But this is pure fantasy.  Broncos will cut other cap eaters (i.e. Ware) before they let Miller leave.

Archived