Marshall: Without Fitz, “We probably would have been 4-12”

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   One of the highlights of the New York Jets 2015 season was unquestionably the performance of superstar wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who notched his eighth career  1,000 yard campaign, becoming the first player to reach the 1,000 yard plateau with four different teams, and that was just the beginning. Marshall also […]

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason Fitz never made the playoffs--he's just good enough to make you cry--he cost us the Buffalo game slow start --worse ending--the Int in the endzone cost us the game as well choking the 1st half the rest of the team followed suit---don't be fooled by Fitz's stats---its fools Gold----compared to Sanchez and Smith --the bearded one looks good--dont be fooled, he will break ur heart---Im the guy 5 yrs ago who posted on this site "Mark Sanchez = Kyle Boller" u chased me away lol --dont be blind again--Fitz sucks

Here's a question  > If it was not for Fitzpatrick, who would have been the starting QB of the New york Jets when the 2015 season started ?

Yeah

I wonder why Marshall would even go there?    I know he was trying to give his buddy Fitz some love, but he had to understand what the implications of what he was saying were.  No?

There is a reason Fitz never made the playoffs--he's just good enough to make you cry--he cost us the Buffalo game slow start --worse ending--the Int in the endzone cost us the game as well choking the 1st half the rest of the team followed suit---don't be fooled by Fitz's stats---its fools Gold----compared to Sanchez and Smith --the bearded one looks good--dont be fooled, he will break ur heart---Im the guy 5 yrs ago who posted on this site "Mark Sanchez = Kyle Boller" u chased me away lol --dont be blind again--Fitz sucks

Nice first post Dick

Yeah

I wonder why Marshall would even go there?    I know he was trying to give his buddy Fitz some love, but he had to understand what the implications of what he was saying were.  No?

I doubt he really thought it through. If he had he might have phrased it differently.   I also think Geno let him down; I mean the guy moves in with Geno, works out with him, talks him up all training camp and he goes and gets his jaw broken over a measly $600.  I am sure Marshall was kinda disappointed in Geno after that. 

I doubt he really thought it through. If he had he might have phrased it differently.   I also think Geno let him down; I mean the guy moves in with Geno, works out with him, talks him up all training camp and he goes and gets his jaw broken over a measly $600.  I am sure Marshall was kinda disappointed in Geno after that. 

I agree with this.......Small exception.  I think Marshall knew were he was going.  Big surprise...Marshall likes being in the middle of things.

I agree with what Marshall said.  Not really happy he said it

Yeah

I saw Marshall talking to IK after the Bills game.

Geno better let it go.

Hey Dick.   Welcome to the board.

Fitz had a great year and deserves his due credit.  

Agreed I don't understand all this Pro Geno line.

The Jet O this Year, and QB play was the best I'd seen since Vinny T.

We got to see Geno the saviour Smith, for the whole Raiders game. He ran around until he was sacked, thow the ball away!!!

He's got the tools, but not the mind to play pro football. He's cheap but a distraction. Does any one believe he's not the same Punk who pulled that $600 sh@t with IK. 

A child in a mans boy, I for one would not give him the reins to my Billion Dollar Franchise.

By Glenn Naughton   One of the highlights of the New York Jets 2015 season was unquestionably the performance of superstar wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who notched his eighth career  1,000 yard campaign, becoming the first player to reach the 1,000 yard plateau with four different teams, and that was just the beginning. Marshall also […]

Click here to read the full story...

So, Geno responded to this on the website: www.TheOnion.com 

"With Fitz and Marshall we were destined to make the playoffs....oh wait a minute. 

Fitz in 11 seasons= 0 playoff appearances

Marshall in 10 seasons= 0 playoff appearances 

Put those two together and what do you have? No playoff appearance.

But I'm the bad guy? "

Pretty clever if you ask me. ;)

We got to see Geno the saviour Smith, for the whole Raiders game. He ran around until he was sacked, thow the ball away!!!

He's got the tools, but not the mind to play pro football. He's cheap but a distraction. Does any one believe he's not the same Punk who pulled that $600 sh@t with IK. 

A child in a mans boy, I for one would not give him the reins to my Billion Dollar Franchise.

That's what I don't get.

Not a big fan of Fitz? Fine. Just say you are emo and don't like him. 

The made-up stuff that denies how he actually played this year, combined with the evidence-ignorant argument that Geno is the answer is just ... well, stupid.

That's just asinine to say, w/o Fitz we are still in the hunt w/ all the talent around the QB.  would we have won 10? probably not but who knows?  Fitz played well(until we needed him most in week 17) and I am happy w/ him but to say we'd have been 4-12 w/o him is just plain stupid. we would have been better than 4-12 w/ this team and this weak sched if Petty was starting.

sorry, records are nice but when you don't show if in the biggest game of the year it brings the season down a few notches.  Fitz's season was not top 5 in the last 30 years.  had he finished it off and played well last week then he could have moved up to #3 behind Vinny '98 and Chad '02 but unfortunately he didn't.

You could have respectfully disagreed, instead you chose to be a jerk. 

Stop being a jerk. 

Really?  A jerk? 

Calling someone a jerk for making a joke is rude and makes you the one that needs to check what he writes.  Using your logic you could of said this a lot nicer.

Now will you rudely call the mod who made the same joke a jerk too? 

Didn't you also say that Tebow = Staubach?

Wow just wow...

You guys are way to sensitive Marshall didn't mention Geno at all!  All Marshall was doing was praising one of the guys who actually took the field and had to play and make plays.  He was saying Fitz won them a ton of games this year and that we couldn't have done so without that leadership and play.

Didn't any of you play competitive sports at any level?

Folks say this about STARTERS all the time!! 

Guys on the bench are maybes and no one knows what they would do until they are in the game, on the field and in the heat of battle.

For all we know the Jets go 16-0 with Geno as the starter, that doesn't diminish Fitz and his leadership....

Come on guys!!!

Archived