Don't bring Fitzpatrick back

cookiemonsta

I have no confidence in him anytime he passes and I am just hoping he doesn't cost us the game. His numbers have also been decent but he has never won or got into the playoffs. Don't resign him. I want Conner Cook, I love his accuracy... love it.

Fitzpatrick being at qb, you to have to hold your breath every time. One year wonder. 

I want Conner Cook at pick 20.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no confidence in him anytime he passes and I am just hoping he doesn't cost us the game. His numbers have also been decent but he has never won or got into the playoffs. Don't resign him. I want Conner Cook, I love his accuracy... love it.

Fitzpatrick being at qb, you to have to hold your breath every time. One year wonder. 

I don't agree with you.  He had a great year.  I don't think he's elite, but this team is built to win now, you cant do that with a rookie QB.

Qb is the position where you need winners,8 basically full years and no playoffs at all. When you start with losers at the qb position, you basically have no chance in the NFL. 

I want improvements at olb, tight end ( hopefully Amaro ) and qb. Get Powell back, and draft a late round rb.

Qb is the position where you need winners,8 basically full years and no playoffs at all. When you start with losers at the qb position, you basically have no chance in the NFL. 

I want improvements at olb, tight end ( hopefully Amaro ) and qb. Get QBPowell back, and draft a late round rb.

This season was the most talented team he was on.  Fitz is a good QB. 

This season was the most talented team he was on.  Fitz is a good QB. 

Can't throw accurately down field like Mike Francesa has said correctly forever. Cook is what we need to get the most out of Devin Smith, otherwise we are wasting him. Give Cook these weapons and we will do work. Amaro/ Marshall/ Decker/ Devin Smith and Powell.  I am telling you Cook is the guy.

Petty out dueled him in the bowl game they faced each other though Baylor lost due to their idiot coach who gave the game away.

New York Jets: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/MichiganState_logo.gif

MichiganState_logo.gif
The Jets need a long-term starter at quarterback for Todd Bowles. When it mattered the most, Ryan Fitzpatrick gave New York proof that he's just a backup in the NFL. Cook has the athleticism to fit Chan Gailey's offense.

Cook connected on 56 percent passes this year for 3,131 yards with 24 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He's shown NFL evaluators that he has a quality arm, pocket presence, flashes of brilliant passes, and the mobility to avoid rushers and roll out. However, Cook's lack of accuracy is real problem heading into the NFL. Sources also have questions about him off the field, his lack of leadership, and his focus on football.

The 6-foot-4, 218-pounder plays in a pro-style system and has shown steady improvement with his ability to function in the pocket while working through his progressions. There is that accuracy issue however. He will make some amazing throws into extremely tight windows and then miss on routine passes.

In 2014, Cook connected on 58 percent of his passes for 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He completed 59 percent of his passes in 2013 for 2,755 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions. Cook improved throughout that season and was very impressive against Ohio State and Stanford to close out the year.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016overreaction_1.php#crKqz0xAhWdovVWH.99

Stick to being wrong about the weather. Being wrong about the Jets is something that is taken lighter on a weather forum. Fitz is the best we can do for a team with a lot of veteran players where the clock is ticking. I won't object to picking up a QB in the draft but not to start.

I think people don't see that Michigan St has had bad weapons. They are not Cook's problems. Other than Leveon Bell they don't produce big time weapons on offense.

Stick to being wrong about the weather. Being wrong about the Jets is something that is taken lighter on a weather forum. Fitz is the best we can do for a team with a lot of veteran players where the clock is ticking. I won't object to picking up a QB in the draft but not to start.

This past draft I was terrorizing Draft Countdown that Stefon Diggs was a sleeper superstar. Who got it right?   I have a very good eye for talent.  That's my opinion.

Go check the doppler, leave the football decisions to us...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/michigan-state/2013.html

Mumphery, Lippett, Burbridge come to mind as the only decent wr weapons that Cook has had. I have seen all of them drop a zillion passes.  People don't see what I see  in Cook. He has beautiful touch and anticipation. I also feel very confident with him passing. I know we always have a chance.

If I had a dollar for every QB that was coming out of college that was the next great thing. I would have a lot of dollars.

If I had a dollar for every QB that has had a great season for the Jets in the last 20 years, I would have maybe 3 dollars. Bring back Fitz and fix the running game. Let's go.

Best that we have is not good enough. Folks we have a short life and we will keep having disappointed with Fitz. Good is not enough , should aim for better. Get the best qb we can get.

BRING BACK SANCHEZ. WITH THESE WEAPONZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if you're serious, but i am. I would absolutely love to see either of them actually be given a legitimate chance in this league.

But with that said, it wasnt fitzpatrick's fault that he was asked to be peyton manning......in freezing, swirling winds, with a 1,000 yard beast gettting 6 carries.

6 f------- carries!!!!!!!!! Why!!!!!??

I don't agree with you.  He had a great year.  I don't think he's elite, but this team is built to win now, you cant do that with a rookie QB.

he didn't have a great year. His numbers were right in the middle of the pack. He had a good year. Great when you compare him with Jets QBs, which isn't saying much with the era he's in. 

Fitz better be on a steady dose of HGH this offseason.  He's a decent QB other than his wuss of an arm and accuracy downfield.

If he can't somehow fix that (and wouldn't he already have if he could've?), it's pretty much a waste to bring him back as the intended starter while paying him as such.  It'll just be sustaining mediocrity.  No thanks.

Now if we can sign him for 3/4 years as a good backup/mentor who may start much of the time, for like 6mil a year, that'd be cool.  Start Fitz if needed but do every damn thing possible to get someone with more upside in there.  I don't care who it is (Geno, Petty, Vinny, Boomer).  

Fitz as a backup/mentor is an asset.  Fitz as guaranteed starter is a waste.

If I had a dollar for every QB that was coming out of college that was the next great thing. I would have a lot of dollars.

If I had a dollar for every QB that has had a great season for the Jets in the last 20 years, I would have maybe 3 dollars. Bring back Fitz and fix the running game. Let's go.

Define a great season. One where you make the playoffs, or one where you are statistically in the middle third of the league and miss the playoffs?  

he didn't have a great year. His numbers were right in the middle of the pack. He had a good year. Great when you compare him with Jets QBs, which isn't saying much with the era he's in. 

He tied Aaron Rodgers for 10th with 31 TDs. He had a 2:1 TD to INT ratio; what most of us asked for. 

This topic is so tired. We haven't had decent QB play in a decade... Let's just go back to no answer, rather than something we can win with for now.

I want Fitz back. He'll be a great backup plan, like 2015. He's an average QB, which is an improvement on its own for the Jets n it's QBs of the last 6 years. 

Fitz better be on a steady dose of HGH this offseason.  He's a decent QB other than his wuss of an arm and accuracy downfield.

If he can't somehow fix that (and wouldn't he already have if he could've?), it's pretty much a waste to bring him back and pay him more.  It'll just be sustaining mediocrity.  No thanks.

Now if we can sign him for 3/4 years as a good backup/mentor who may start much of the time, for like 6mil a year, that'd be cool.  Start Fitz if needed but do every damn thing possible to get someone with more upside in there.  I don't care who it is (Geno, Petty, Vinny, Boomer).  

Fitz as a backup/mentor is an asset.  Fitz as guaranteed starter is a waste.

That's the plan UNTIL they feel Petty is ready...I think.  There's just no word on how they feel he's progressed.  Fitz was primarily signed to be mentor to Geno (cough).   After seeing firsthand what a putz Geno was, they quickly handed the keys to Fitz who did a fine job considering all things.   A tweak here, a tweak there, a RB here a RB there, a wr here a OLB there, a T here and there and away we go.  

I'm a negative Nelly and even I think you gotta bring Fitzy back.

And that doesn't preclude drafting a high QB, either.

That's the thing. Even if you don't want him starting next year, it makes no sense to advocate dumping him. The soundbyte about him starting is whatever... He earned that this year, but the coaches are going to play the best QB they get their hands on. Regardless of December 2015 remarks.

Archived