RIP David Bowie

faba

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably TMI but I was literally on the sh*tter this morning when my g/f texted me that he died.  And no joke, I was humming "Ziggy Stardust" while playing Trivia Crack.

One of the greatest singer song writers in the history of music.  His music is timeless.  A top 10 favorite artist for me.  I swear, you could have released "Hunky Dory" during the height of all the indie-music that was being released a few years back and you'd never know it was written in the early 70's. 

RIP to one of the greatest to ever do it.  He'll be missed.  **** cancer. 

Probably TMI but I was literally on the sh*tter this morning when my g/f texted me that he died.  And no joke, I was humming "Ziggy Stardust" while playing Trivia Crack.

One of the greatest singer song writers in the history of music.  His music is timeless.  A top 10 favorite artist for me.  I swear, you could have released "Hunky Dory" during the height of all the indie-music that was being released a few years back and you'd never know it was written in the early 70's. 

RIP to one of the greatest to ever do it.  He'll be missed.  **** cancer. 

100% agreed.  One artist i always turned up the radio to and sung along.  He was "Rock-N-Roll"  RIP Major Tom. 

100% agreed.  One artist i always turned up the radio to and sung along.  He was "Rock-N-Roll"  RIP Major Tom. 

Seriously.  I've probably memorized more lyrics of David Bowie than any other artist out there.  Dude was just amazing.  So many styles, so unique, just absolutely some of the greatest music ever produced.

This one sucks.  For sure.  Reminds me of the feeling I got when I found MCA passed from the Beasties.  Cancer too.  **** that disease.  

RIP - At least he left us a monster catalog of music to enjoy for the rest of our lives.  I'll be playing Bowie in my office all day today.  

Part of me feels like it just died hearing this sad news.  He was one of my favorite musicians.  I've been listening to him since he started in the late 60's.  He was pure genius.  I saw him one day in Manhattan talking with another actor.  He was a majestic figure.  I stared at him in disbelief...he smiled.  You could see greatness radiate from him. I will be paying tribute to him today in my car blasting away his incredible music that moves me.   Thank you David, you're in a better place now.  You will NEVER be forgotten.        

I woke up to this sad news.  Another of rock's true icons is gone.  Bowie's artistic genius will continue to inspire for generations to come.  RIP, Thin White Duke.

Bowie composed/performed so many incredible songs.  This one is a personal favorite.

My ex-wife LOVED Bowie. She loved this song.  She would have dropped me in a second if she ever had the chance lol.  I never saw anyone just melt like that when she saw him.   

Only a dickpod would make such an insensitive comment.  I'd tell you what I really think but I'd get banned. 

Poopoo, only a fool would make such an ignorant comment. The video was intentionally creepy; that was the whole artistic point of it.

It was planned and released on his b-day three days ago. He kept the illness secret, the video was his final message.

Now grow a brain or STFU.

Other than a young, gorgeous Nastassja Kinski, Bowie's song was the best part of this flick.  What a haunting track and powerful vocal.  Guy could just spellbind.

I thought he played Warhol well in Basquiat.

Bowie fans should read Rebel Heart by Bebe Buell. She tells all about the NY music and art scene in the 70s, Max's Kansas City, etc.

Only a pussy like yourself would think it's 'creepy'. You talk alot of sh*t behind a keyboard.  Real brave of you biatch. 

Urban Definition..... creepy..... 'An overused slang term for sexually inappropriate or perverted or for attempting to derive sexual gratification through dishonorable means. Unfortunately, the word has become an abused favorite of melodramatic people who try hard to use the word wherever possible, to the point of rendering the word almost meaningless'.

I thought he played Warhol well in Basquiat.

Bowie fans should read Rebel Heart by Bebe Buell. She tells all about the NY music and art scene in the 70s, Max's Kansas City, etc.

what the **** do you know about Max's KC. I bet that was you in the bathroom bobbing your head up and down cockrider 

what the **** do you know about Max's KC. I bet that was you in the bathroom bobbing your head up and down cockrider 

Only a pussy like yourself would think it's creepy. You talk alot of sh*t behind a keyboard.  Real brave of you biatch. 

LOL ... look who's having a meltdown in a David Bowie thread. Your words above describe you perfectly. 

I saw him at MSG in 78 or 79.  Ranks as one of the greatest rock shows I've ever seen... I've seen a lot.

had tickets to see him in Elephant man on Broadway.  My JETS luck, his understudy performed.  

Modern Love is a great wedding song....

i live to bang out Heroes on my acoustic guitar.

what a talent.   

We could be heroes....just for one day. 

I saw him at MSG in 78 or 79.  Ranks as one of the greatest rock shows I've ever seen... I've seen a lot.

had tickets to see him in Elephant man on Broadway.  My JETS luck, his understudy performed.  

Modern Love is a great wedding song....

i live to bang out Heroes on my acoustic guitar.

what a talent.   

We could be heroes....just for one day. 

I never saw Bowie live, only bought his records for my sister who was a huge Bowie fan. 

Of all the 70s NY scene rockers, I think Todd Rundgren was the coolest, most talented musically, but was never as successful as Bowie (or any of them for that matter). 

I never saw Bowie live, only bought his records for my sister who was a huge Bowie fan. 

Of all the 70s NY scene rockers, I think Todd Rundgren was the coolest, most talented musically, but was never as successful as Bowie (or any of them for that matter). 

there was something special in MSG that night.  I was in HS, went to the show and was blown away.  

all due respect.... Rungren is not in the same category as Bowie. 

He may be in talent but talent alone is not enough. Bowie was iconic. 

Hello it's me .......greatest song ever hands down 

This song...this song...this song OMG

Always looks a little lazy when an artist refers back to something else earlier in his career. But here it was a jumping off point to something related to all that, but completely new and different. That's usually ends badly, but here it's brilliant. 

Archived