Mavin Lews thanks Bengals fans for creating a great environment Saturday

JustInFudge

You cant make this up.  He cant be this clueless:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/12/marvin-lewis-thanks-bengals-fans-for-creating-a-good-environment-on-saturday/?ref=yfp

As the fourth quarter of the AFC Wild Card playoffs opened in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was on the back of a cart headed to the locker room for an x-ray on his shoulder that he injured one play earlier.

What ensued was about as low-class as you can get.

Water bottles and beer cans, apparently some of them still full, were hurled at Roethlisberger as the cart headed towards the locker room.  He was even hit by one of them, he claims.

Apparently that sits well with the Bengals’ head man, as Marvin Lewis opened his press conference on Monday by thanking the Bengals fans in attendance for “creating a good environment.”

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

In addition to throwing objects at Roethlisberger, fans loudly cheered as he was shown exiting the field on the back of the cart, and the screen operators apparently put the play on the stadium scoreboard several times, eliciting more cheers from the crowd at Paul Brown Stadium.  Lewis is now 0-7 in his playoff career, and the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1989.  With such grim figures in mind, it’s easy to rationalize why they would cheer an injury.

What a circus...

They hurled objects a QB getting carted off the field and he thanks the fans for creating a great environment.  WTF?

Meanwhile, he's got a bunch of prison yard thugs running around the field costing him his first ever playoff win.

Meanwhile, he's got a bunch of prison yard thugs running around the field costing him his first ever playoff win.

Most smart front offices/coaches recognize that you're only allowed to have 1-2 sociopaths on your roster to win a title.  Marvin's squad has something like 5-6 every single year. And it's the biggest reason why he hasn't, and likely won't, win a playoff game.  Talk about a guy who, while capable of drawing up a gameplan and winning in the regular season, is completey and utterly clueless when it comes to choosing the right personality makeup for a roster.

They hurled objects a QB getting carted off the field and he thanks the fans for creating a great environment.  WTF?

Would you rather have the beta player in Jeremy Hill or the loose cannon in Burfict? 

Would you rather have the beta player in Jeremy Hill or the loose cannon in Burfict? 

You can actually have loose cannons on your team, lots of successful teams have had them, you just have to know ho to manage them to the point of not coating you games at the wrong time.

Wouldn't mind taking AJ McCarron off their hands.  I'm sure he'll be a hot commodity this offseason.

I dont know.  I look at him and see pretty much what I saw at Alabama.  I guy who doesnt have enough skills or arm for the NFL.  He plays just well enough to be in the game but to lose.  

Wouldn't mind taking AJ McCarron off their hands.  I'm sure he'll be a hot commodity this offseason.

He has two years left on a super cheap deal.  Where is he going?  He is in the same category as Glennon.  The Bengals have put together a good team.  Part of that is not dumping cheap quality players. 

He has two years left on a super cheap deal.  Where is he going?  He is in the same category as Glennon.  The Bengals have put together a good team.  Part of that is not dumping cheap quality players. 

I'm not saying they're looking to move him in fact I think based on the way he played Dalton could be given a short leash next year....Just sayin' I'd take him off their hands for the right price.

I'm not saying they're looking to move him in fact I think based on the way he played Dalton could be given a short leash next year....Just sayin' I'd take him off their hands for the right price.

Did we watch the same game? The Steelers secondary is awful & he threw the ball like Pennington after his many injuries.

Many reports were saying it was the most embarrassing display imaginable , like a 4 hour long 80,000 inmate prison riot in the stands , steelers fans just as guilty, but yea...lets give that a shout out, good job. Smh. 

Good god what!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the game that got the bad taste of our loss out of my mouth. It's strange because that should be us advancing but the way they lost it I just couldn't feel bad for myself anymore. And then the Vikings game happened and it was even better.

The problem is that Marvin has like 10 Burfict's on the roster.  You can win with a couple of those guys, like the Steelers did with James Harrison.  But you need to have some veterans in the huddle/locker room and a coaching staff that are able to manage those personalities.  Who is doing that for this team?  Are Dalton or Marvin handling it?  Clearly not.  Dalton shrinks from any criticism and Marvin has been clueless for years that there's anything wrong with having a roster makeup like this.

The problem is that Marvin has like 10 Burfict's on the roster.  You can win with a couple of those guys, like the Steelers did with James Harrison.  But you need to have some veterans in the huddle/locker room and a coaching staff that are able to manage those personalities.  Who is doing that for this team?  Are Dalton or Marvin handling it?  Clearly not.  Dalton shrinks from any criticism and Marvin has been clueless for years that there's anything wrong with having a roster makeup like this.

Inmates running the asylum. 

Archived