Browns Hire Hue Jackson

AFJF

Good choice. Giants were eager to speak to him and the Browns knew that.

Heard rappaport or Schefter (forget which one) on sports radio this morning saying he thinks Marrone is the front-runner for Giants gig.

LOL

I think it's a good hire for them. But it's the Browns, so you know they'll screw it up somehow.

Hue should look to rent...not buy.

Tough act to follow in Cleveland too.  Checked Amazon and no books written documenting his awesomeness, unlike Pettine.

I am expecting McAdoo to be their new coach to keep Eli with the same system he excelled in this year

Well that would make more sense, but if they are going to hire McAdoo they should move quickly so he can fill his staff unless they expect to keep their current roster of coaches.

Why on earth would any sane individual take this Job ?   I understand there are only 32 of these Jobs, but I think I would rather stay as the OC of the Bengals than be the HC of these Browns .  

You answered your own question...there are only 32 of these jobs around. You get offered a chance to run the show, you have to take it. You start turning down offers, pretty soon teams stop calling. Cleveland is a big challenge, but they've won as many playoff games as the Bengals have in the last few years.:D

You answered your own question...there are only 32 of these jobs around. You get offered a chance to run the show, you have to take it. You start turning down offers, pretty soon teams stop calling. Cleveland is a big challenge, but they've won as many playoff games as the Bengals have in the last few years.:D

It's not the team, but the way how the front office is structured. Why take a job where you go into it knowing that you have very little chance of succeeding . The guy who has final say of the roster is a book-worm and knows nothing about scouting .  

You take the job because you never know what next year brings.  Last year Frank Reich was a hot name, this year he gets fired as OC at San Diego.  I'm sure that Hue is going to get a big raise and if Cleveland pulls the plug early like they have he'll have his  guaranteed contract with a reputation as a great OC to fall back on.  If he can turn around that sorry franchise he will go down as a coaching genius.

• 2 years later...
On 1/13/2016 at 1:01 PM, AFJF said:

He's no Mike Pettine...but has an excellent resume.  Great choice IMO.

Agreed - he's a great choice. 

(easy for me to joke around in hindsight of course.  I've made more than my fair share of horrible prognostications)

Archived