Lawrence Phillips found dead in prison

AFJF

What a waste man, WOW! I'm a Husker fan so I saw most of his games and how great this guy was. It's such a shame that he just couldn't stay focused on doing the right things and improving his well being and life.

He was mentally disabled.  Because he was a great athlete, people just kind of used him and passed him along.  Not to excuse any of his actions but there was a lot of cooks stirring this stew.

What a waste man, WOW! I'm a Husker fan so I saw most of his games and how great this guy was. It's such a shame that he just couldn't stay focused on doing the right things and improving his well being and life.

he probably couldn't stay focused on those things.  Some guys are just not wired right.  Not everybody can be "cured" or made to see the light.  Lots of physical talent----but he just might have been a sociopath. Who knows?

Sorry no RIPs from me. He wash a POS and humanity is better off with guys like him gone.

I agree. Had the world by the tail but was too much of a thug to live a 'normal' life. I am sure no NFL player leads a 'normal' life by conventional standards, but relatively normal and he couldn't manage that. 

It's weird with him, I have no idea why but I always viewed him differently than other star athletes that wound up doing a bid for awful sh*t. There was always something about him that made his actions so fundamentally tragic, even though he did some terrible things to other people. Maybe it's the bigger notion of a completely wasted life, but who knows. That Nebraska offense is probably the most entertaining college team I ever watched. Man, could they move.

humanity is better off without comments like this.. the guy just died. have a little respect. if you dont have any, keep your mouth shut

Humanity MY @$$. Karma is a MutherFu©ker and that POS deserves to Rot in HELL

Read his Rap Sheet - Would YOU have RESPECT?!?!!? for a guy who did that to your mother/sister/DAUGHTER?!!? 

Civil Societies MUST have STANDARDS of DECORUM. Criminal Apologists are what allows these habitual criminal scumbags to KEEP DEPRAVING our Western Culture. 

10. Lawrence Phillips

Sport: Football
Charges: Trespassing & Assault, sexual assault, drove car into crowd, 05-09 multiple charges, multiple convictions
Number Of Arrests: 7

Phillips and Isaiah Rider might've been seperated at birth, with Lawrence being the crazy one. Coming out of college he already had a reputation of having a screw lose. He was charged with domestic violence when he dragged his ex down three flights stair after catching her with his teammate QB Scott Frost, and didn't get kicked off the team. Phillips then proceeded to find himself on the wrong end of the law during his time in the NFL and only lasted three years. In 2005, he tried to run over three teenagers and was sentenced to 31 years. 

Still HAVE SOME RESPECT?!?!?!? <_< 

Archived