Connor Cook Thoughts

Paradis

No senior bowl?? Exactly what has Cook done to excuse himself from that event?  What a glory-hole 

He's not a bonafide top 10 talent. At this point, he's not a 1st round talent.... He's watched himself get leapfrogged by Goff AND some 6'23 tall gronk from Memphis in the span of 6 months. Next up? A kid playing division 5 football up in North Dakota who IS going to play in the senior bowl. He'll be wiping his ass with Cook's draft grade by febuary. 

Chances of Cook throwing at the Combine? yeaaaaa i'm going guess 1/zillion odds. 

Fck that guy. No confidence, and he's hiding from evaluators at this point. I don't even want him on the JETS draft board. period. #gamemanager4life

He's at risk of dropping below Hackenberg at this point, especially if the latter throws in feb. 

• Upvote 2

Paradis Has spoken . Do you think that just maybe this kid is more hurt than he let on and only played in the playoff game to give MSU some chance to compete  ? 

Maybe. I'm just being dramatic for effect. I do get the impression though that he's content to stay off the stage and ride it out to april - which I'm NOT ok with. 

If he agrees to throw at the combine, then i'll retract my statement and give him a fair shot. Not holding my breath though. I want a confident QB, not someone who overly worried about his draft stock as middling round 2-3 signal caller. 

• Upvote 1

No senior bowl?? Exactly what has Cook done to excuse himself from that event?  What a glory-hole 

He's not a bonafide top 10 talent. At this point, he's not a 1st round talent.... He's watched himself get leapfrogged by Goff AND some 6'23 tall gronk from Memphis in the span of 6 months. Next up? A kid playing division 5 football up in North Dakota who IS going to play in the senior bowl. He'll be wiping his ass with Cook's draft grade by febuary. 

Chances of Cook throwing at the Combine? yeaaaaa i'm going guess 1/zillion odds. 

Fck that guy. No confidence, and he's hiding from evaluators at this point. I don't even want him on the JETS draft board. period. #gamemanager4life

He's at risk of dropping below Hackenberg at this point, especially if the latter throws in feb. 

Well, we dont want any punani quarterbacks on this team. Even Geno knows how to take a punch to his credit! :-)

I checked out that link you sent me as well. I will def sign up. Looks cool. 

• Upvote 1

Do me a favor and please don't curse in thread titles. These threads (the feed) get picked up by our front page and sometimes by other places like YES Network. So we like to avoid cursing, thanks.

Based on what?

I just find them eerily similar in style and hype.  Franchise QB label, same body frame, arm, weight, style, movement, focus, speed, inaccuracy.   Hard to fathom Cook wouldn't have more success than Henne though since the latter has been such a waste.  But I don't see the newbie being anything more than a short order Cook.

I think you'll be sadly mistaken about CC.

Your a fan of his?

Here is what I saw, two years ago he looked very good earned all the accolades he was being given and looked like a grade A prospects.

This past year in the 3 or 4 games I saw he he simply did not impress me, he looked like he had taken a step back.  For a guy that pre season was being looked at as quite possibly the top rated Qb he seems to be sitting at maybe 4th best now.

Your a fan of his?

Here is what I saw, two years ago he looked very good earned all the accolades he was being given and looked like a grade A prospects.

This past year in the 3 or 4 games I saw he he simply did not impress me, he looked like he had taken a step back.  For a guy that pre season was being looked at as quite possibly the top rated Qb he seems to be sitting at maybe 4th best now.

Husker fan here so I've seen him play numerous times - what impresses me is the kid never gets rattled.  this year he's been playing w/ not the greatest talent surrounding him and he's been injured for good part of the year.  

I know he's better the K. Cousins and I think if someone does pick him up and give him a year or two to watch from the sidelines, he could be a great qb.

• Upvote 1

Cook's reputation as a poor leader continues to grow.  Amazing that going back
to school actually hurt him.  If he came out last year we may have picked him
at #6:

Tony Pauline   @TonyPauline 

Word here at the Senior Bowl; MSU teammates have been less than effusive in their
praise of quaterback Connor Cook.

If he slid to #20 would Maccagnan pull the trigger on him this year???

Cook's reputation as a poor leader continues to grow.  Amazing that going back
to school actually hurt him.  If he came out last year we may have picked him
at #6:

Tony Pauline   @TonyPauline 

Word here at the Senior Bowl; MSU teammates have been less than effusive in their
praise of quaterback Connor Cook.

If he slid to #20 would Maccagnan pull the trigger on him this year???

at this point you have to figure he may well slide to 20, and i think he's enough of a talent that mccags would really have to consider him there.  i think they're going to finally have to invest a 1st rounder on the offense this year, whether it's on the OL (conklin, his teammate) or qb or even at wr, a guy like corey coleman would be nice.  

No interest in Cook here. We don't need to repeat our mistake of bringing in a falling prospect with questionable leadership issues. We already have that on our roster.

Cook would be a good pick for a team that doesn't have a QB need today and can afford to invest a couple years into disciplining and teaching the game to a draft pick so he will be ready to go in 3-4 years.

• Thumb Down 1

• 5 weeks later...

You know people passed on Montana, Brady and Marino.  Is Cook going to be either. I don't know and if I did I would make a ton of money but I know you don't win without a good QB. What I have seen in his career he is worth a pick at 20 in this draft. He is big and tough and could make the pass. Will everyone love him probably not but I seen a competitor playing this position.

4 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

You know people passed on Montana, Brady and Marino.  Is Cook going to be either. I don't know and if I did I would make a ton of money but I know you don't win without a good QB. What I have seen in his career he is worth a pick at 20 in this draft. He is big and tough and could make the pass. Will everyone love him probably not but I seen a competitor playing this position.

If the Jets select Cook at 20 there are fans in their sixties who will never ever see the jets win another SB 

7 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I'm surprised you (or anyone) could feel that way.

He's a meddling mid round guy, with game manager upside. His brochure includes pro-ready polish with average measurables. He's probably got the smallest marging between his floor and ceiling, so i guess i'd feel good that worst case scenario i got a great back up with above average spot duty reliability... but the kirk cousins comp is starting ring truer and truer by the hour IMO... 

More than anything, he did nothing his senior year to warrant his "hype" coming into the season. He's numbers were static, and he didn't "take over" games. With the kind of season MSU had, you'd like to see more than just "getting it done" from your franchise face. I can't imagine a version of reality where Cook destroys any defense for longer than 2 drives.

Matt Ryan is probably the "best case scenario" -- and i think it's time we stop pretending like that one's being going as ATL planned.