Making a Murderer

HessStation

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the analyst in me and I've done way too much work on corruption, but I find the massive public outrage to this series both surprising and disappointing. This isn't a unique story, and it's exactly what protests against police corruption and violence have been trying to call attention to for quite a while. I understand that it's much easier to politicize things along the ideological chasm, but this is real, it happens, and it happens too often.

Maybe it's the analyst in me and I've done way too much work on corruption, but I find the massive public outrage to this series both surprising and disappointing. This isn't a unique story, and it's exactly what protests against police corruption and violence have been trying to call attention to for quite a while. I understand that it's much easier to politicize things along the ideological chasm, but this is real, it happens, and it happens too often.

I seriously want to fight somebody over this right now. As a complete novice, I want to drop haymakers on that entire prosecution. I want to climb on top of some judicial state building and scream obscenities at the top of my lungs. 

It's criminal what the prosecution and police got away with, but that dude killed her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no ******* way in hell. Not a chance. NOT A CHANCE Snell, NOT A CHANCE. 

but seriously. Dead ******* serious, he didn't kill anyone. No ****kng way

I seriously want to fight somebody over this right now. As a complete novice, I want to drop haymakers on that entire prosecution. I want to climb on top of some judicial state building and scream obscenities at the top of my lungs. 

If you're interested, check out the career of Illinois State's Attorney Michael Waller. Actually had to talk a colleague out of going after that guy once upon a time.

ok it's on Snell. Anyone else says he's guilty I'm fighting them too!

yes, his ex fiancee.. I'm the last person to trust police, believe me, but the guy is a dirtbag, whether he always was or was made one in prison I do not know. I feel worse for the kid who really got rail roaded

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/steven-averys-ex-fiancee-says-hes-not-innocent-20160113

yes, his ex fiancee.. I'm the last person to trust police, believe me, but the guy is a dirtbag, whether he always was or was made one in prison I do not know. I feel worse for the kid who really got rail roaded

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/steven-averys-ex-fiancee-says-hes-not-innocent-20160113

That was the thing that shocked me the most.  I mean, how clear as day was it that he was led into those stories.  The kid doesnt know what "inconsistent" means and neither did his mom.  My god.  Poor kid. I will never, ever tell a cop anything!!!

I dont know if Avery did it or not.  The documentary clearly was trying to convince you otherwise...but I just dont see this guy smart enough to pull this off and the evidence was so weak, I just for the life of me cant understand how he did it.

Edit: just read that article.  Dont buy it.  She was a jaded bitch who too was a moron.  Her saying he was abusive doesnt mean he murdered someone.

You have little to worry about, just like a lot of us posting in this thread.  Why?  Because we have money.  If you have the $$$, this is the best justice system in the world.  But if you don't.....

I wont have to worry about because I hopefully will never put myself in that position but even with money, I'm not ever saying a word to the police and I dont care what they're asking me about.  lol

**** that stupid bitch who's either taking a bribe or another 15 min of fame. Look, there is NO ******* WAY he is the murderer. He was so completely framed and it's so apparently obvious. 

And double F all the quasi intellectuals pointing out the obvious that the doc was biased and slanted pro-Avery. It doesn't ******* matter, THE TAPES WERE REAL. THE TIMELINE WAS REAL. 

That was the thing that shocked me the most.  I mean, how clear as day was it that he was led into those stories.  The kid doesnt know what "inconsistent" means and neither did his mom.  My god.  Poor kid. I will never, ever tell a cop anything!!!

I dont know if Avery did it or not.  The documentary clearly was trying to convince you otherwise...but I just dont see this guy smart enough to pull this off and the evidence was so weak, I just for the life of me cant understand how he did it.

Edit: just read that article.  Dont buy it.  She was a jaded bitch who too was a moron.  Her saying he was abusive doesnt mean he murdered someone.

Agreed. But it's hard to separate the two when they were both so painfully, obviously innocent.

I think the brother did it.

That's probably what bothered me the most about the entire doc, that the little ****face wasn't even talked about or seen again after his bullsh*t testimony. And then you see the little ****er following his mom in the courtroom for his brother's trial. I was totally watching that piece of sh*t thinking the same thing.

That and the ******* idiot hunter dude who came out of nowhere w/ that stupid bullsh*t story about driving by the house...**** that liar too. 

Pretty much the way I felt going to work for fifteen years.

no ******* way in hell. Not a chance. NOT A CHANCE Snell, NOT A CHANCE. 

but seriously. Dead ******* serious, he didn't kill anyone. No ****kng way

I didn't watch this one or know the background, but people said the same things after the Foxy Knoxy "documentary" which was basically a fictionalized account by her attorneys.  I was there when it happened and 75% of the people who had the inside information were convinced of her guilt.  100% knew that her story was bullsh*t and that she knew way more than she admits.  She is now somehow a poster child for miscarriage of justice.  As Rutgers points out, corruption is rampant (in Italy in particular) and there are plenty of these cases out there, but TV accounts are rarely unbiased.

**** that stupid bitch who's either taking a bribe or another 15 min of fame. Look, there is NO ******* WAY he is the murderer. He was so completely framed and it's so apparently obvious. 

And double F all the quasi intellectuals pointing out the obvious that the doc was biased and slanted pro-Avery. It doesn't ******* matter, THE TAPES WERE REAL. THE TIMELINE WAS REAL. 

Why did the documentary omit that Avery had allegedly molested his nephew? Why did it omit that the victim had specifically asked to not be assigned to an Avery request? Why did they omit that she was made uncomfortable because he would answer the door in only a towel? Why did they omit that the gun that fired the bullet usually hangs over his bed? Why did they omit that he had purchased iron shackles, however they too could no longer be found. Why did they omit that his DNA was also found on the hood latch of the RAV4, corroborating the statement that his nephew said that he disconnected the battery. Oh and that cat he killed, it wasn't a messing around toss it on the fire accidentally thing. Witnesses say he doused it in Oil and tossed it in the flames deliverately.

Here's a far more likely scenario-he did it, cops knew he did it, and they did horribly unscrupulous things to bolster their case. That in itself is horrifying. But it doesn't take away from the fact he did it.

Why did the documentary omit that Avery had allegedly molested his nephew? Why did it omit that the victim had specifically asked to not be assigned to an Avery request? Why did they omit that she was made uncomfortable because he would answer the door in only a towel? Why did they omit that the gun that fired the bullet usually hangs over his bed? Why did they omit that he had purchased iron shackles, however they too could no longer be found. Why did they omit that his DNA was also found on the hood latch of the RAV4, corroborating the statement that his nephew said that he disconnected the battery.

Here's a far more likely scenario-he did it, cops knew he did it, and they did horribly unscrupulous things to bolster their case. That in itself is horrifying. But it doesn't take away from the fact he did it.

allegations and we already know the dna was planted. Same as the key and bullet.

much more believable he was molesting the nephew hence the hatred from the cousins etc via testimony. 

Thank you for the bigger picture though. I'll just punch CTM and not you now.:)

For clarity believable the younger cousins and brother etc at least could have thought he was being molested etc. it makes sense why they would have lied about timelines etc. because they hated their uncle regardless. Whether what's true or not on that narrative who knows but it makes sense they at least thought it to be true or could be.

I didn't watch this one or know the background, but people said the same things after the Foxy Knoxy "documentary" which was basically a fictionalized account by her attorneys.  I was there when it happened and 75% of the people who had the inside information were convinced of her guilt.  100% knew that her story was bullsh*t and that she knew way more than she admits.  She is now somehow a poster child for miscarriage of justice.  As Rutgers points out, corruption is rampant (in Italy in particular) and there are plenty of these cases out there, but TV accounts are rarely unbiased.

I get there was bias and an agenda involved from the filmmakers pov, that doesn't take away a sliver of truth from the real time, real life audio and video recordings in court and otherwise.  The whole thing was a disgrace to our judicial system and mankind in general. The police work, the prosecution, the judge, the defense in the kids case..,a disgrace

Why did the documentary omit that Avery had allegedly molested his nephew? Why did it omit that the victim had specifically asked to not be assigned to an Avery request? Why did they omit that she was made uncomfortable because he would answer the door in only a towel? Why did they omit that the gun that fired the bullet usually hangs over his bed? Why did they omit that he had purchased iron shackles, however they too could no longer be found. Why did they omit that his DNA was also found on the hood latch of the RAV4, corroborating the statement that his nephew said that he disconnected the battery. Oh and that cat he killed, it wasn't a messing around toss it on the fire accidentally thing. Witnesses say he doused it in Oil and tossed it in the flames deliverately.

the raised eyebrow for me here is the purchased shackles but then where was the blood/sperm/dna/marks in the bedroom or garage? 

Nothing was there. 

allegations and we already know the dna was planted. Same as the key and bullet.

much more believable he was molesting the nephew hence the hatred from the cousins etc via testimony. 

Thank you for the bigger picture though. I'll just punch CTM and not you now.:)

I think his guilt/innocence and how the cases were handled are two totally separate issues. I think the police and prosecution committed criminal acts and honestly I bet this kinda stuff goes on a lot more than people think, especially in Podunk areas like this. But as a documentary it was clear they ommitted pertinent information pointing to his guilt, and I can't help but feel it was intentional to sway viewers. I think it was a bit underhanded and also insulting to the viewers that they felt they needed to do this in order for viewers to be able to distinguish the two. His guilt does not make what the prosecution/police did any better.

Italy is an interesting comparison. From my observations their patterns of corruption are generally top-down, while in the U.S. it usually goes bottom-mid to up. The political parties there though, my god. That sh*t could fill a library.

Italy is an interesting comparison. From my observations their patterns of corruption are generally top-down, while in the U.S. it usually goes bottom-mid to up. The political parties there though, my god. That sh*t could fill a library.

I'm sure it has filled more than one library.  The parties are bad enough, but the constant splintering and coalitions are unreal.  I had a position dealing with them for years and it was mind boggling.  I left before the latest "anti-corruption law".  It is a very socially based set-up, so people that can make friends last forever.  Berlesconi was apparently like that. Even people that hated him told me he was amazingly charismatic and would remember everyone's wives, kids, birthdays and where they went on vacation.  I'm not sure how top-down it is in Italy so much as just wildly rampant. 

I don't know if it shows up anymore, but the location in my profile is Tangetopoli which is a corruption scandal from '92 and translates to something like Bribe City.  I remember reading that at one point something like 10% of the members of Parliament have criminal convictions.

well I clearly called him a dirtbag, not a murderer 

Archived