The Jam Bands thread.......

HighPitch

I knew CTM would be the first to respond.  Knew it.

I've slowly faded away from my jam band guilty pleasures.

Though I still love Widespread Panic.  Still dig MMJ.

I saw Govt. Mule last year, that was the last jam band show I've been to and it was typical Warren Haynes thinking he's the greatest guitar player ever.  Though Tedeschi and Trucks came on stage which was cool. 

Galactic is closing down the legendary Jax Beach venue, Free Bird.  I'm probably going to that as it will be the last show before Surfer Magazine renovates the building into some type of surfing mega store/restaurant. 

I cant do festivals anymore.  Those days are long gone.  Too may wannabe dirty hippies stinking up the joint, like CTM.

I saw Twiddle and The Werks at Stone Pony not long ago. Dug that a lot. Also caught SCI at MSG as well. Went to the final ABB concert at Beacon and caught TTB in my backyard practically at the balloon fest in readington. I play in a Dead tribute band as well. I've never been a big UM fan. Though I totally dig and respect their jams, I'm not real big on their vocals. Probably why I'm not a huge Phish fan either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew CTM would be the first to respond.  Knew it.

I've slowly faded away from my jam band guilty pleasures.

Though I still love Widespread Panic.  Still dig MMJ.

I saw Govt. Mule last year, that was the last jam band show I've been to and it was typical Warren Haynes thinking he's the greatest guitar player ever.  Though Tedeschi and Trucks came on stage which was cool. 

Galactic is closing down the legendary Jax Beach venue, Free Bird.  I'm probably going to that as it will be the last show before Surfer Magazine renovates the building into some type of surfing mega store/restaurant. 

I cant do festivals anymore.  Those days are long gone.  Too may wannabe dirty hippies stinking up the joint, like CTM.

With all due respect Warren Haynes is probably one of the most well rounded respected guitarists out there. And also the most humble, one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

I saw Twiddle and The Werks at Stone Pony not long ago. Dug that a lot. Also caught SCI at MSG as well. Went to the final ABB concert at Beacon and caught TTB in my backyard practically at the balloon fest in readington. I play in a Dead tribute band as well. I've never been a big UM fan. Though I totally dig and respect their jams, I'm not real big on their vocals. Probably why I'm not a huge Phish fan either.

twiddle + werks was really good, i saw them in philly

I don't do them anymore either chief, in fact it's a major source of friction with the little hippy chick i've been seeing ;)

twiddle + werks was really good, i saw them in philly

I really enjoyed the Werks a lot. I am a big Chris Houser fan, that dude can play. I liked Twiddle a lot as well, just found it to be a little less 'mature' overall musically. I feel like they will age into a better band over time. Both were really fun though.

I don't do them anymore either chief, in fact it's a major source of friction with the little hippy chick i've been seeing ;)

I've got buddies that still do it,   They dont miss Wanee or Holloween or whatevers its called.  I'm like, why?  The bands are no where near as good as they were 10 years ago when we did this sh*t all the time and the scene is completely different and sucks.  haha

I've got buddies that still do it,   They dont miss Wanee or Holloween or whatevers its called.  I'm like, why?  The bands are no where near as good as they were 10 years ago when we did this sh*t all the time and the scene is completely different and sucks.  haha

the bands are better now imo, I used to go 10years ago too.. I'm just too old for 3 days of debauchery 

I really enjoyed the Werks a lot. I am a big Chris Houser fan, that dude can play. I liked Twiddle a lot as well, just found it to be a little less 'mature' overall musically. I feel like they will age into a better band over time. Both were really fun though.

yeah I like the werks too, which is why I went., twiddle I've seen only that one time  but they are blowing up, they were playing the Saint not too long  ago and just recently sold out 2 shows at the Brooklyn bowl .. going to give them another chance in March when they are back around 

yeah I like the werks too, which is why I went., twiddle I've seen only that one time  but they are blowing up, they were playing the Saint not too long  ago and just recently sold out 2 shows at the Brooklyn bowl .. going to give them another chance in March when they are back around 

Twiddle reminded me of Dispatch with better guitar play. Those guys are real young with alot of potential and room for improvement.

Archived