Sign in to follow this  
Villain The Foe

QB: Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

I Read this article. All I can say is, this is exactly the type of mentality you have to have as a QB. I love it.  Here is the incident from the article. For the record, I like Mayfield, I don't know if I would draft him 1st or second overall (especially now, I need to see a lot more from him), but I love the attitude. (article link below)

“There were a group of Buckeye fans that were beyond over-served,” Fitzsimmons said, adding, “these guys are just wearing [Mayfield] out.”

“[Mayfield] turns around and goes ‘Get ready, I’m about to hang six on you bleeping bleepers.’ He goes, leads them right down the field. Score’s tied at 10 and he goes right to the bench, stands up on the bench, and just lets the Buckeyes fans behind him that were giving to Baker, he turns at them and says, ‘You like that one? I got three or four more that’s coming up. Get ready.'”

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/13/baker-mayfield-was-apparently-standing-on-the-bench-screaming-at-drunken-ohio-state-fans-during-saturdays-game/

Mayfield vs. Tulane. His worst completion rate of the season 17-27, 331 yards 63% comp rate (Worst comp so far this season) 4TD's. Sat out the 4th quarter. 

So far this season (3 games) 715 yards, 77% completion rate, 10 TD's 0 Int's and a 50% conversion rate on 3rd downs. Oklahoma is #2 in the nation behind #1. Alabama. 

15 hours ago, Tinstar said:

If this kid measures 6 feet or more I think he would be my #2 QB behind Josh Rosen . 

To me right now it's:

1. Rosen then 2. Darnold... if both are gone then Mayfield seems like the best choice for this offense, but I don't know if I'd draft him early first round. Trade back into first maybe, its tough but he is playing great football.