Brady Can Secure GOAT With SB Win

TuscanyTile2

If he wins a 5th SB title then he's got to be considered the GOAT.  He already might be w/ his 4 SB titles but at least you can argue Montana won 4 as well.  Some will argue a SB loss is a negative but Montana lost some NFC CGs.  So is not getting there better than getting there and losing?  Plus in both losses, the Pats almost won.  And the first loss he was almost the hero w/ the game winning drive.  And he missed by about a half yard a pass to Randy Moss that would've been the defining SB moment. 

But of course there's also the cheating.  And the fact he currently has 4, not 5.  So, in short, let's go Denver!  Or better yet, let's go NFC!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wins a 5th SB title then he's got to be considered the GOAT.  He already might be w/ his 4 SB titles but at least you can argue Montana won 4 as well.  Some will argue a SB loss is a negative but Montana lost some NFC CGs.  So is not getting there better than getting there and losing?  Plus in both losses, the Pats almost won.  And the first loss he was almost the hero w/ the game winning drive.  And he missed by about a half yard a pass to Randy Moss that would've been the defining SB moment. 

But of course there's also the cheating.  And the fact he currently has 4, not 5.  So, in short, let's go Denver!  Or better yet, let's go NFC!

Dude, he already is. 4-2 in SB victories is much better than 4-0 as it means he won two additional Championship games. Plus factor in that he is not playing with HOF talent on the offensive side except for Gronk and if you allow yourself to look at it objectively he is insanely good. Potentially winning 2 SBs with the NE talent the last couple years is just a kick in the ass reminder of how much better  Brady and Bellichick are than the rest of the league. Sad thing is that they still feel a need to cheat when they do not need to.

Brady is a big part of the reason I feel playing a JAG like Fitz is just completely self defeating. You MUST have an elite QB in the NFL

Dude, he already is. 4-2 in SB victories is much better than 4-0 as it means he won two additional Championship games. Plus factor in that he is not playing with HOF talent on the offensive side except for Gronk and if you allow yourself to look at it objectively he is insanely good. Potentially winning 2 SBs with the NE talent the last couple years is just a kick in the ass reminder of how much better  Brady and Bellichick are than the rest of the league. Sad thing is that they still feel a need to cheat when they do not need to.

Brady is a big part of the reason I feel playing a JAG like Fitz is just completely self defeating. You MUST have an elite QB in the NFL

Pats cheating just shows the level of pressure they put on themselves to be successful. BB wants to WIN AT ALL COSTS, and sometimes stoops to levels below what he should to accomplish it. Al Davis didn't care how the Raiders accomplished success either and BB is a Davis guy all the way. I wouldn't argue with Brady being considered a HOF er but GOAT is reaching. There really is no such thing. 

He can win 50 Superbowls but both he and Belly have already destroyed their legacy and unless they come across Dr Who and his phone booth they are not getting it back.

As I've said many times, outside of the little sphere or pats land and the boot licking national media 20 years from now when people bring up the Patriots the word cheat will come up immediately in any conversation.  They did it to themselves, they earned it and they will wear the label forever.

Montana had to take down those Rams, Giants, and Cowboys teams. Brady had to take down Mark Sanchez and that mush Peyton Manning. GFY OP GFYYYY

In fairness, that was pre-salary cap era plus there were fewer teams.  So of course there were going to be more teams who were stacked.  The Giants, Cowboys, Bears and Redskins (and Rams?) were stacked but so were the 49ers. 

Today's teams are not as talented but if you adjust for the rules, they probably are (it's obviously very hard to compare eras).

Every Superbowl in the Brady/Belichick era was within either 3 or 4 points. 

St. Louis Rams         17
New England Patriots     20

New England Patriots     24
Philadelphia Eagles     21

Carolina Panthers     29
New England Patriots     32

New York Giants     17
New England Patriots     14

New York Giants     21
New England Patriots     17

New England Patriots     28
Seattle Seahawks     24

Carolina Panthers     29

New York Giants     17

New York Giants     21

Seattle Seahawks     24

Which is an indictment of Brady. With a record-setting offense in 2007 with Randy Moss he could only muster 14 points in a Super Bowl game. That is dogsh*t.

Montana lit up a John Elway quarterbacked team to the tune of 55 points. THAT is greatness. 

If I need a guy to drive 30 yards to get into FG position for the greatest clutch kicker of all-time, Brady's the guy. If I've got 90+ yards to go and I need a touchdown, I'm calling Montana. 

it's already secured.  he doesn't need to win another game.  he's already won 4 w/ 3 of them coming on late GW drives, he has already been to 6, this will be his 10th title game, the 2 he lost he left the field late w/ leads.  I think it's still close btw him and Montana but I give Brady the edge especially for keeping NE dominant in this FA/parity era.  he never had dominant teams around him and what he has done has been just amazing.  it really sucks he had to do it for a div rival.

Montana had to take down those Rams, Giants, and Cowboys teams. Brady had to take down Mark Sanchez and that mush Peyton Manning. GFY OP GFYYYY

the Rams? seriously? I will give you the Giants, bears, redskins(though they kept losing to Wash).  Brady has had to beat Pitt, Indy, Bal- in this era they are the equal of those teams. 

Carolina Panthers     29

New York Giants     17

New York Giants     21

Seattle Seahawks     24

in the 3 of the 4 SB wins he led his O to late or last second scores to win, in the 2 losses he gave his D late leads in both. 

Which is an indictment of Brady. With a record-setting offense in 2007 with Randy Moss he could only muster 14 points in a Super Bowl game. That is dogsh*t.

Montana lit up a John Elway quarterbacked team to the tune of 55 points. THAT is greatness. 

If I need a guy to drive 30 yards to get into FG position for the greatest clutch kicker of all-time, Brady's the guy. If I've got 90+ yards to go and I need a touchdown, I'm calling Montana. 

he was banged up in 2007 and that o had been slowed down for weeks.  w/ the SB on the line trailing by 3 he led his O 80 yds in the final minutes for a TD to take a 4 pt lead which of course the always overrated Belichick defense blew.

Phil simms and doug Williams lit up Elway led SB teams too.  and 2 of Montana's 4 SB wins were close games.

Peyton manning had that same K for as many years as Brady, how come he doesn't have 3-4 SB wins?

you couldn't go wrong w/ either Joe or Brady in a situation like that.  both are worthy of the crown but for me what put Brady past Montana was coming back from 10 down in the 4th qtr against a great Seattle D to win that 4th SB.  the same D that held peyton and a MUCH more talented O to 8 garbage time pts a year earlier in the SB.

what

Pitt, Indy, Ball are the equal of NYG, Wash and Chi in the 80s.  comparing vs. their eras, obviously those 80s teams were better b/c there wasn't FA and they could keep teams together but vs. their era they were as great as those 80s teams were so the competition for NE was as fierce in the AFC in the 00s/10s as it was for SF in the NFC in the 80s.  Simms, Thiesmann/Williams and McMahon were quality QBs but they weren't Ben or Peyton,

Archived