Which Jet (player, coach, GM, owner) Did You Like But Everyone Hated?

TuscanyTile2

I didn't hate Terry Bradway.  I still remember in like 2002 he came on ESPN radio every week and took phone calls from fans.  When the team was losing he was still soft-spoken and respectful.  When they turned the season around and won the division, his demeanor never changed.  I always appreciated that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Lageman

I had a Lageman jersey.

Kiper killed the Jets for that pick, which didn't help him with the media or fans.. but Lageman was a high motor, tough player. If that Byrd play never happened, the two of them were on the verge of being a dominant duo. Needless to say, I wasn't happy when he left for the Jags.

Bobby Jackson.  I'm not sure why everybody that can remember him seems to hate him, but he was a sixth round pick that started 90 games.  I'm mean he was no Russell Carter, but still... I preferred Russell and Jerry Holmes, but Bobby Jackson was here longer and hated harder.

I remember Bobby jackson, I don't remember everyone hating him.

have you guys heard I liked Mark sanchez and a few of my fellow Jet fans did not.:lol:

Favre. Put aside that he was my dad's favorite player, and that I grew up watching him play before I was old and independent enough to decide to be a Jets fan. Fact is, other than '04/'05, he gave me the most fun Jets season of my life till then - throwing 7 TDs against the cardinals, beating the rams by 44, easily beating an undefeated 10-0 team in Tenn, and putting us in the drivers seat for the division for the only time since 2002. 

If nothing else, he got us out of that nasty on again/off again relationship with Pennington, and showed us what a true franchise QB is for the only time in my life. 

Yet, he's hated around here for attempting to hide an injury and play through it, and is looked at as the only reason for the 1-5 ending to the season. As if by sitting out due to injury and letting Clemens or The Rat take over, we'd have somehow won those games that we lost. 

Favre. Put aside that he was my dad's favorite player, and that I grew up watching him play before I was old and independent enough to decide to be a Jets fan. Fact is, other than '04/'05, he gave me the most fun Jets season of my life till then - throwing 7 TDs against the cardinals, beating the rams by 44, easily beating an undefeated 10-0 team in Tenn, and putting us in the drivers seat for the division for the only time since 2002. 

If nothing else, he got us out of that nasty on again/off again relationship with Pennington, and showed us what a true franchise QB is for the only time in my life. 

Yet, he's hated around here for attempting to hide an injury and play through it, and is looked at as the only reason for the 1-5 ending to the season. As if by sitting out due to injury and letting Clemens or The Rat take over, we'd have somehow won those games that we lost. 

having a team, that should have easily won the division and maybe win the AFC fall short of the playoffs was enjoyable for you? that was one of the worst seasons for me.  if we kept Chad we cruise to the div title and have a SB chance.  Thankfully Favre was only here one year to sabotage us.

I do agree it was kind of fun having an all time great QB play for us but ultimately he killed our chances so I don't look back fondly on that season.

it's not about the ironman using the injury excuse again, it's that he never wanted to be here and played like it most of the year.  

having a team, that should have easily won the division and maybe win the AFC fall short of the playoffs was enjoyable for you? that was one of the worst seasons for me.  if we kept Chad we cruise to the div title and have a SB chance.  Thankfully Favre was only here one year to sabotage us.

I do agree it was kind of fun having an all time great QB play for us but ultimately he killed our chances so I don't look back fondly on that season.

it's not about the ironman using the injury excuse again, it's that he never wanted to be here and played like it most of the year.  

Bolded 1) That's what you got out of my post about a player I liked but everyone hated? No, missing out on the playoffs after being in the drivers seat for the division was not enjoyable to me. That's not what this thread or my post was about.

Bolded 2) Consistently dropping 30s, 40s, and even a 50 point output on the way to an 8-3 division leading start is not how I'd describe "playing like he never wanted to be here." FWIW, I'm aware that he didn't care about us, and I don't give a sh*t. Until he got hurt, he still played like he had his whole career - at a HoF level...and he was awesome for us with Leon Washington, Lav Coles, and a rookie Dustin Keller as his top weapons.

Yes, we crashed and burned, but an injury to a QB's throwing arm tends to derail a lot of seasons. I'm not going to fault him for trying to play through it, knowing that the alternative was Kellen Clemmens and Brett Ratliff. 

Bolded 1) That's what you got out of my post about a player I liked but everyone hated? No, missing out on the playoffs after being in the drivers seat for the division was not enjoyable to me. That's not what this thread or my post was about.

Bolded 2) Consistently dropping 30s, 40s, and even a 50 point output on the way to an 8-3 division leading start is not how I'd describe "playing like he never wanted to be here." FWIW, I'm aware that he didn't care about us, and I don't give a sh*t. Until he got hurt, he still played like he had his whole career - at a HoF level...and he was awesome for us with Leon Washington, Lav Coles, and a rookie Dustin Keller as his top weapons.

Yes, we crashed and burned, but an injury to a QB's throwing arm tends to derail a lot of seasons. I'm not going to fault him for trying to play through it, knowing that the alternative was Kellen Clemmens and Brett Ratliff. 

consistently dropping 30,40,50?

they had 2 big offensive games- Arizona who got crushed every time they came east and 2-14 SL

20 at Mia

10 vs. NE

29 at SD but it was all in garbage time as we trailed 38-14 in the 4th

26 vs. terrible cincy team

13 in 5 qts at awful oak team

19 at buffalo

17 vs. den

14 at sf

24 vs. Buf

3 at Sea

17 vs. Mia

he was mostly bad that season, had a few games to skew #s.  he basically had the Ari game then about 3 games in November where he played really well, other than that he was terrible.

No excuses, he's the ironman.  late in his career he struggled in cold weather and as soon as it turned cold here he tanked.

Archived