Eagles fans/media worried about Sanchez

AFJF

For the few who may care...fans/media dreading the possibilities with Sanchez being their only QB under contract.  They could franchise Bradford for a year, but rumors surfaced this morning saying Chip Kelly didn't re-sign him because Tom Condon was demanding $25 mil per year and lots of vibes that Bradford wants to be closer to home.

Sanchez may win a QB competition by default and be a starter again in the next season or two.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're wondering why the Eagles didn't sign Sam Bradford to a long-term deal before last season, here's a reason. 

Well, 25 million reasons. 

ESPN's Jim Trotter said on NFL Insiders, via theBigLead, that Bradford's agent, Tom Condon, was asking for $25 million per year before the 2015 season. That's a lot of money, especially for a quarterback who hadn't really played in two years. Then-personnel controller Chip Kelly, who traded for Bradford, wouldn't do it. 

But this is important to remember: There has to be a starting point in any contract negotiation. Just because Condon was asking for $25 million, it doesn't mean that's necessarily how much the Eagles would have needed to pay to keep him. 

This offseason, if Bradford hits the open market, there's a very good chance the Eagles will have some tough competition to keep their starting quarterback around. 

Bradford's numbers in 2015 weren't eye-popping, but he did play much better in the second half of the season and seemed to build strong on-field relationships with Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz. 

On the year, Bradford completed 65 percent of his passes for 3,725 yards, 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. His 3,725 yards ranks as the fourth-best passing season in Eagles history. 

Now, there's also the question about how much new head coach Doug Pederson likes Bradford. Pederson was, of course, asked about Bradford at his introductory press conference on Tuesday and said the QB would fit "perfectly" into his system.

"I think Sam, he's got all the tools, there's no question," Pederson said. "There's no denying that. Got good size, got a great arm, good mind for the game, and it's just a matter of now, just plugging him in and cutting him loose and utilizing those strengths in this system."

They will let Bradford walk and draft a QB.  Bradford has miscalculated his value.

He sure has if he's looking for $26 mil...I figured he'd be in the $16 mil area which is what he may get ultimately...but $25 mil?  I don't like Chip, but I can't blame him on this one.

He sure has if he's looking for $26 mil...I figured he'd be in the $16 mil area which is what he may get ultimately...but $25 mil?  I don't like Chip, but I can't blame him on this one.

Maybe that was just his number for the *eagles*.  And he wants to be a FA, because he has somewhere in mind that he actually wants to go.

Maybe that was just his number for the *eagles*.  And he wants to be a FA, because he has somewhere in mind that he actually wants to go.

Could be.  Speculation is that he wants to go somewhere like Houston.  

they'd be lucky, he's better than Bradford and if they had any D at all they would have gone a long way in 2014.

For the boards sake, I hope they do get stuck starting the sanchize.  At least after next season your posts can only be about how Farve was a terrible cold weather QB *rolls eyes*

For the boards sake, I hope they do get stuck starting the sanchize.  At least after next season your posts can only be about how Farve was a terrible cold weather QB *rolls eyes*

what Mark does anywhere else doesn't change all the good he did for us, he was better for us than favre was and in 6 postseason games he had 3 total INTs- the same as fitzmagic in the closest game he has ever come to a playoff game.

what Mark does anywhere else doesn't change all the good he did for us, he was better for us than favre was and in 6 postseason games he had 3 total INTs- the same as fitzmagic in the closest game he has ever come to a playoff game.

you are back peddling already :P

dude ... that is poo 

If Farve's shoulder wouldn't have busted - we likely would have gone to the postseason with a chance to win it all.

that is a myth, Favre was supposedly hurt in october and had his only good multi game stretch in November.  

that is a myth, Favre was supposedly hurt in october and had his only good multi game stretch in November.  

.[90] Favre had complained of shoulder pain and had an MRI performed on December 29, 2008, which revealed a torn biceps tendon in his right shoulder. After the 2008 season had ended, in mid January 2009, Favre told Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum, "it may be time to look in a different direction" regarding the quarterback position.[91] On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.[92]

In September 2009, Favre again made Jets news, as the NFL learned that the Jets were aware that Favre injured his arm in the eleventh game of the 2008 season, and fined the Jets $125,000 for not reporting the injury in any of the Jets' five final games.[94]

No he stank as a Qb and if we had a real QB your buddy rex may have a superbowl trophy.

.[90] Favre had complained of shoulder pain and had an MRI performed on December 29, 2008, which revealed a torn biceps tendon in his right shoulder. After the 2008 season had ended, in mid January 2009, Favre told Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum, "it may be time to look in a different direction" regarding the quarterback position.[91] On February 11, 2009, Favre informed the Jets that he was retiring after 18 seasons.[92]

In September 2009, Favre again made Jets news, as the NFL learned that the Jets were aware that Favre injured his arm in the eleventh game of the 2008 season, and fined the Jets $125,000 for not reporting the injury in any of the Jets' five final games.[94]

the injury supposedly happened in october.  wikipedia is incorrect.  not saying he wasn't hurt, he obviously was but did he play? he gets evaluated on how he played.  he made his career playing through anything, he loves the accolades of being the ironman then when he fails he loves to give injury excuses.  he wasn't good 90% of that season, healthy or not.

No he stank as a Qb and if we had a real QB your buddy rex may have a superbowl trophy.

so many supposed better QBs w/ better teams around them didn't play as well as mark in postseason.  he was vital to those runs, we lost both title games b/c of our defense not the QB.

the injury supposedly happened in october.  wikipedia is incorrect.  not saying he wasn't hurt, he obviously was but did he play? he gets evaluated on how he played.  he made his career playing through anything, he loves the accolades of being the ironman then when he fails he loves to give injury excuses.  he wasn't good 90% of that season, healthy or not.

are you serious????

that how i remember it.  toward teh end of the season his ankle was all fuvked up too.  up to the midpoint of the season i dont remember anyone being sad that he was our QB or about our team in general.

are you serious????

100%.  I just don't get how Jet fans can think of favre in a positive light and sanchez negatively when mark helped us reach 2 title games and Favre sabotaged our 2008 chances.  I guess fans just love meaningless fanasty #s more than winning.

100%.  I just don't get how Jet fans can think of favre in a positive light and sanchez negatively when mark helped us reach 2 title games and Favre sabotaged our 2008 chances.  I guess fans just love meaningless fanasty #s more than winning.

not even close bruddah... I pulled for sanchez.  Blamed his sh!t year 3 as his "sophmore slump" coming a year late.  He got progressively worse, maybe because we didnt have the #1 rushing attack in the league, idk.  blame it on weaponz and stuff, idgaf. all i know is that by the time he left the Jets, he was pure sheet, hot garbage.  Saw it on thanksgiving this year.  like i said, hope he starts for the eagles so we can put this to bed.

"At the start of the second quarter, Favre took another punishing shot. The camera caught him wincing as he made a shaking-out-the-sting motion. Maybe that explains why the Jets opted for a nickel-and-dime attack for the second straight week. If not, the coaching staff needs to take a hard look at the matter, because Favre's personality isn't suited to being a nickel-and-dime passer."

i think you just proved my own point?  He was getting pounded from game 1 that year.  My memory isnt the greatest but I do remember an announcer saying that there is no way even the tough brett favre can make it through the season taking shots like that.  I dont blame favre, i watched that year very intently.

not even close bruddah... I pulled for sanchez.  Blamed his sh!t year 3 as his "sophmore slump" coming a year late.  He got progressively worse, maybe because we didnt have the #1 rushing attack in the league, idk.  blame it on weaponz and stuff, idgaf. all i know is that by the time he left the Jets, he was pure sheet, hot garbage.  Saw it on thanksgiving this year.  like i said, hope he starts for the eagles so we can put this to bed.

he was good for rookie, top 10ish good in year 2, took a step back in year 3 then was awful in year 4 but his main weapons were chaz schilens, Clyde Gates and stephen hill.

"At the start of the second quarter, Favre took another punishing shot. The camera caught him wincing as he made a shaking-out-the-sting motion. Maybe that explains why the Jets opted for a nickel-and-dime attack for the second straight week. If not, the coaching staff needs to take a hard look at the matter, because Favre's personality isn't suited to being a nickel-and-dime passer."

i think you just proved my own point?  He was getting pounded from game 1 that year.  My memory isnt the greatest but I do remember an announcer saying that there is no way even the tough brett favre can make it through the season taking shots like that.  I dont blame favre, i watched that year very intently.

every QB takes shots, that was the best OL we have had in a long time.

I do blame Favre, he sabotaged our season.

you get my 10.000th post on this board bro ... and it is... I can't .. in my wildest hallucination ... come up with a response to that 

Archived