Cam Newton: losing Stephen Hill was a "big deal"

Sperm Edwards

At his Wednesday pre-NFC Championship Game presser, Cam Newton said losing WR Stephen Hill (ACL) in training camp was a "big deal."

It's a surprising disclosure of Cam's feelings on a player who entered the NFL with big-time tools, but fizzled out with the Jets before tearing his ACL in Panthers camp last summer. And it's perhaps noteworthy for deep Dynasty leaguers. Hill is still only 24 years old, turning 25 in April. A restricted free agent, the Panthers can retain Hill at the cheapest possible RFA tender.
Jan 20 - 10:04 PM

I am just the messenger here. :) 

He was being nice talking about an injured teammate.   He has no idea if losing Hill was big deal or not.  They hadn't played together yet.  I'm sure he counted on Hill be an big addition, players always do.  And he has no proof that he wouldn't be.

People don't realize that Hill will be the next top tier receiver, it's gonna be funny when he is lighting it up in Carolina next year with his Super bowl ring and jets fans are asking "why'd we release that guy" like every good player who leaves this trash organization and goes to their full potential elsewhere.

People don't realize that Hill will be the next top tier receiver, it's gonna be funny when he is lighting it up in Carolina next year with his Super bowl ring and jets fans are asking "why'd we release that guy" like every good player who leaves this trash organization and goes to their full potential elsewhere.

Well, he's off to a great start.

You have a better chance of seeing Rose Anne Barr in the next Victoria's Secret shoot than of this ever happening.:D 

what players not named woodhead have the jets lost in recent years that went on to do anything?

Rewatch the gif. That is not someone with basic coordination let alone an athlete. 

We should bring Hill back just for the Buffalo games next season..... that was the only team he had success against and for whatever reason we haven't beat them in a few years.....it would be perfect to see Rex's face as Hill burns his beloved D for the winning TD lol

We'd have to drop him (pun intended) prior to the New England games though, man he sucked against them! He was like the opposite of Cotchery when it came to Patriot games.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I was thinking this too. :rolleyes:

Well..Ill defend the JETS here.   I cant seem to remember a guy who left us via release since say 2005 who went on to do something.  Im sure its happened but

the James farrior moves seem behind us. Our problem, as I see it, is drafting and player development.

Archived