Is everyone enjoying the snow? (off topic)

Maxman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Topic of the day is snow if you are in the Northeast. I hope everyone is safe and warm. Lots of flooding, hopefully the worst of that is over.

How much snow is your area getting?

None in Maine, and what we had is dwindling.

Still cold though....

you all need to get snowblowers.

Did u avoid the heart attack?

Ha, yup, heart attack avoided.  Even after digging out my place, my neighbors (single mother) and my parents' place.  9 freakin hours of shoveling.  I get to live on in hopes of seeing a Jet SB victory one day.  Still sore as all hell though.

I'd get a snowblower, but my driveway is rock.  So don't think it'd work well.  Besides, doubt any snowblower would have dented the plowed 4'x5' snow (more like cement) piles at the end of the driveways.

Did luck out a bit though.  Guy across the street "borrowed" a bobcat loader from his job later in the day.  He dug out himself, a bunch of my other neighbors and was at least able to completely clear off the street in front of my place.

Ha, yup, heart attack avoided.  Even after digging out my place, my neighbors (single mother) and my parents' place.  9 freakin hours of shoveling.  I get to live on in hopes of seeing a Jet SB victory one day.  Still sore as all hell though.

I'd get a snowblower, but my driveway is rock.  So don't think it'd work well.  Besides, doubt any snowblower would have dented the plowed 4'x5' snow (more like cement) piles at the end of the driveways.

Did luck out a bit though.  Guy across the street "borrowed" a bobcat loader from his job later in the day.  He dug out himself, a bunch of my other neighbors and was at least able to completely clear off the street in front of my place.

dude 9 hours of shoveling and you are still Alive.  Impressive. 

I think you would have lucked out of your neighbor did your driveway. 

But it this reminds me that I haven't shoveled my driveway yet.  Will this snow be melted by Friday?  I have no idea how much snow I got and my wife wants to go to e house this weekend.   Ugh.

dude 9 hours of shoveling and you are still Alive.  Impressive. 

I think you would have lucked out of your neighbor did your driveway. 

But it this reminds me that I haven't shoveled my driveway yet.  Will this snow be melted by Friday?  I have no idea how much snow I got and my wife wants to go to e house this weekend.   Ugh.

Good question, but I'd say it's doubtful.  Today was probably the warmest day of the week, so hopefully it at least made a decent dent for ya.  Looks like it's barely gonna hit 40 degrees next couple days.

Good luck!  If you're outta shape like me, just remember to take some breaks every now n then.

And yeah, definitely woulda been lucky if my neighbor had done my driveway.  Didn't know he'd get the bobcat.  Plus had to get things done early.  Next time though, may wait to see if he gets the bobcat again.  Those things are awesome.

Did anyone besides Larz wax his toboggan?

Is Vernon Valley // Great Gorge still functioning?

Yes it is really nice there now. Mountain Creek. The ski slope is still so \ so, just not that big of a mountain. But they built everything up, the resort is nice I am going there with my family in a few weeks.  

They have an indoor pool that is connected to a heated outdoor pool. Indoor tennis, racquetball and a pretty cool gym.

Really nice place we go there for a long weekend every year.

Yes it is really nice there now. Mountain Creek. The ski slope is still so \ so, just not that big of a mountain. But they built everything up, the resort is nice I am going there with my family in a few weeks.  

They have an indoor pool that is connected to a heated outdoor pool. Indoor tennis, racquetball and a pretty cool gym.

So again, you're going to be 10 minutes from me and decline to take me out for dinner. I let it go last year, but this year it stings

So again, you're going to be 10 minutes from me and decline to take me out for dinner. I let it go last year, but this year it stings

Joe do not feel bad Max lives 10 minutes from me and ignores me especially at Shoprite

Excellent. In the VV/GG days, GG had the mellower slopes. But VV's Zero-G was pretty steep in mogul sections. There was enough to make you sore the next day. 

When conditions were great we had a blast. I don't recall many occasions with poor conditions except at the end of the season.

Hunter Mtn wasn't worth the drive and hassle, IMO.

Excellent. In the VV/GG days, GG had the mellower slopes. But VV's Zero-G was pretty steep in mogul sections. There was enough to make you sore the next day. 

When conditions were great we had a blast. I don't recall many occasions with poor conditions except at the end of the season.

Agree about Hunter. VV/GG was a 20 minute ride from Kinnelon (straight up 23)

I also liked the Zero-G.... definitely gave my thighs and Gluteus Maximus a workout.

There was one lift that allowed you to jump from VV to GG. That's how I always ditched my folks!

Joe - please stop trying to work your way into my hotel room. It is creepy.

For some reason I always liked Camelback the best. It isn't a bad drive for me.

• 2 months later...

Man, I really feel for you guys.  I am sorry to report that it was in the mid/high 70's here today.  Ran the stairs at the beach, played 3 hours of tennis and am now slugging down IPA's as I get ready to cook salcice and peppers as my reward.   I truly do miss the snow (yeah, I can drive to it but it's just not the same) but, damn,  it's April -- enough is enough already.

Archived