2016 Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyways, now that the bigger name OFers are off the board, market for Gardner could pick up. Though I have no idea if the Yankees have any plans to shop him.

I think he was discussed originally in the Castro deal. 

I don't see how the Yanks can move him even if there is a market for him. The injury history of the rest of the outfield along with the unknown of what Hicks will do would lead me to believe that they would want to hang onto him. I think his current contract runs through his age 35 season of 2018 and is not too expensive so who knows.  He was off to a big start of the season last year before he apparently hurt his wrist and played through the injury the 2nd half.  I think the Rockies outfielders would be still at the top of the board attraction wise to teams looking to deal.

anyways, now that the bigger name OFers are off the board, market for Gardner could pick up. Though I have no idea if the Yankees have any plans to shop him.

Still never understood why they wanted Gardner and a more expensive Gardner in the same outfield.

Hey, when you guys are done with your...umm....meeting? You should come to the Mets thread. We're having a party.

I will definitely stop by and check it out.  

It is a pretty exciting thing the Mets are building. Hopefully the fans support the team this year and their unimpressive attendance #s improve.

It is a pretty exciting thing the Mets are building. Hopefully the fans support the team this year and their unimpressive attendance #s improve.

Mets were 12th in attendance in MLB last year.While I don't have the figures, I would guess that attendance picked up on the team as the year wore on, and the usual late followers began to believe.

Mets should draw 3 mil this year, would be my guess.

Mets were 12th in attendance in MLB last year.While I don't have the figures, I would guess that attendance picked up on the team as the year wore on, and the usual late followers began to believe.

They really should. They only need an extra 5,000 per night to get there. After last season, fans need to show up.

Yankees over 3 million in attendance every year from 2001 on. I don't have the stats before that. But I know they weren't at those levels in '95 and earlier. Those championship teams really brought the fans in. And as much as I don't like him, ARod really brought the fans in. I know their attendance jumped big after signing him. Which is actually a shame.

I don't follow baseball all that much anymore but I did hear that the Mets were doing well enough that they actually have "fans" again.  Good for them.

I think I said this last season and didn't stick to it, but I'm going to make an effort to get back in to baseball again.  Such a snooze fest compared to the NFL but I used to eat, sleep and drink baseball.

Donnie baseball is still my favorite athlete of all time :)

Is there anything more fun than watching a young, exciting team coming off it's first playoff success in years?

They should draw 3 to 3.5 for sure.

Castro and Gregorius definitely makes a very good, young, middle infield tandem.  They will be interesting to watch.

I think it's the most exciting part of the team,outside of the bullpen trio that is. Two 26 year olds up the middle can't remember the last time we had that. I can't believe Castro is still only 26 I feel like he's been around forever in Chicago.  

Yanks with 3 prospects within the top 60. Jorge Matteo(30), Aaron Judge (31) and Gary Sanchez (59) Really not bad considering Severino and Bird were graduated to the bigs last year. I thought Kap miiiiiiightve had a shot at the list considering he's so polished, but at the same time he's only pitched at short season SI. And also the fact his ceiling is said to be a #3 or 4 starter. Still thought he had a shot. 

Yankees’ Greg Bird to miss 2016 after shoulder surgery

Yankees first baseman Greg Bird will miss the 2016 season due to a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Bird initially hurt his shoulder last May while in the minors, and felt discomfort again this offseason. He will have surgery Tuesday to repair the torn labrum.

The 23-year-old had 11 home runs in 157 at-bats for the Yankees as a rookie last season.

Bird was projected to begin the season at Triple-A rather than sit behind incumbent first baseman Mark Teixeira, but would have been first in line for major league at-bats in the event of an injury to Teixeira or designated hitter Alex Rodriguez.

Now he misses a full year of developmental time and has a serious injury on his ledger.

On February 1, 2016 at 2:48 PM, nyjunc said:

he wasn't really in the plans for 2016 anyway though I am sure at some point Teixeira will get hurt and he would have been needed.

That's why there's already talk of Arod sharing 1B/DH with Tex. McCann can play 1b too with Sanchez at Catcher

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Gotta say I'm bullish on the Yankees.  Good rotation.  Castro should be a huge offensive upgrade over the crap show at 2nd base last 2 years.  The nasty boys in the pen.

Does nasty boys stand for their stuff, or the fact that at least one of them likes to abuse women?

Archived