2016 Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Nats have Michael Taylor waiting in the wings. No need for Ellsbury

Michael A Taylor is a k waiting to happen right now, Ben Revere is in CF.   The leadoff spot of the lineup is hitting about .210 and they are literally a leadoff and a closer away from being dominant.   Taylor may be part of the future but this Nats team is poised to win right now.   

9 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Michael A Taylor is a k waiting to happen right now, Ben Revere is in CF.   The leadoff spot of the lineup is hitting about .210 and they are literally a leadoff and a closer away from being dominant.   Taylor may be part of the future but this Nats team is poised to win right now.   

Ellsbury does not fit that equation. 

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

First time ever I wish they would sell right now. Why hold on to Beltran? You don't need 3 closers. Pick and trade.

Also, cut ARod. Just eat the last year and a half and move on.

It is nice that they are battling to be .500 but I don't see this group winning it all. Or winning anything. Get younger and be in a better position as these contracts come off the books.

I agree. 

Texas really needs bullpen help.  

Cut A Rod.  He is done, and only takes AB's away from someone younger.  I really like Beltran, but he might bring you a decent return, unless you want to keep him for another year or 2 as a true DH, which means, again, cutting A Rod.

I like Tex too, but he is done, let younger people get some AB's

On July 20, 2016 at 1:42 PM, chirorob said:

I agree. 

Texas really needs bullpen help.  

Cut A Rod.  He is done, and only takes AB's away from someone younger.  I really like Beltran, but he might bring you a decent return, unless you want to keep him for another year or 2 as a true DH, which means, again, cutting A Rod.

I like Tex too, but he is done, let younger people get some AB's

Beltran and Chapman I'd be open to trading but the Yankees need to get something back.  Arod is going nowhere.  Trading Beltran opens a permanent right field job for Refsnyder

the only young players we need AB's for besides Refsnyder are both in the minors.  Sanchez isn't coming up unless we find a taker for McCann and Judge is injured and he'd only get called up if we got a trade done with Gardner which is the most realistic scenario

Tough loss, worse since they used all 3 of their good bullpen arms.   It's amazing, they have 3 great relievers, and the rest stink.

Do not like Girardi having Ellsbury sac bunt.   It set up an intentional walk for Beltran, taking the glove out of your 2 better hitters for McCann.

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner "has not given authorization to sell top guys" yet.

The Aroldis Chapman rumors have been swirling, but it doesn't appear Steinbrenner is ready to give up on the season just yet with the Yanks having won six of their last eight games to pull within shouting distance of a Wild Card spot. Ultimately, it would be hard to see the Bombers not selling, but perhaps it will depend on how they play this week. The Nationals, Cubs and Indians look like the three favorites to land Chapman.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Landing Gleyber Torres in a deal for Chapman would be fantastic.

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Cubs and Yankees are working to finalize an Aroldis Chapman trade.

Cubs shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres is believed to be in the package that would head to New York, along with another piece or two. Chapman, a 28-year-old impending free agent, has registered a stellar 2.01 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, and 44/8 K/BB ratio in 31 1/3 innings since returning in May from a domestic violence suspension. There's a report from Rian Watt of Baseball Prospectus suggesting that the Cubs are trying to work out a contract extension with Chapman on top of the trade. That could be the major hold-up.

I think Theo insists on an extension if Torres plus is the price tag.  I don't think the Cubs need to make the deal if it is simply a rental but with Torres path to the majors likely blocked as a SS, why not go for it. An SP would help them more IMO but the pitchers discussed as available is a weak class.  I think Theo also at least entertains the idea of giving Montgomery another shot as a SP down the road.

Source: Yankees agree to trade Aroldis Chapman to Cubs

The New York Yankees have agreed to a blockbuster trade that will send star closer Aroldis Chapman to the Chicago Cubs, as first reported Monday by FanRag Sports and confirmed by ESPN's Jayson Stark.

Chicago will send a four-player package to New York that includes top shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres, according to reports. The Yankees also will receive pitcher Adam Warren, minor league outfielder Billy McKinney and an unidentified fourth player, according to FanRag Sports and Stark.

As first reported by FanRag Sports, Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner has approved the deal. Speculation circulated Monday that one reason why the teams have not announced the trade is because the Cubs are attempting to sign Chapman, a free agent after this season, to a long-term deal.

44 minutes ago, faba said:

Source: Yankees agree to trade Aroldis Chapman to Cubs

The New York Yankees have agreed to a blockbuster trade that will send star closer Aroldis Chapman to the Chicago Cubs, as first reported Monday by FanRag Sports and confirmed by ESPN's Jayson Stark.

Chicago will send a four-player package to New York that includes top shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres, according to reports. The Yankees also will receive pitcher Adam Warren, minor league outfielder Billy McKinney and an unidentified fourth player, according to FanRag Sports and Stark.

As first reported by FanRag Sports, Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner has approved the deal. Speculation circulated Monday that one reason why the teams have not announced the trade is because the Cubs are attempting to sign Chapman, a free agent after this season, to a long-term deal.

So basically replace Castro for Warren to get a more accurate picture of what the Cubs gave up in this deal when you get right down to it since they traded Castro to get Warren in the first place. I wonder what the haul would have been if Chapman had signed an extension. Yanks of course will lead the pack in resigning him next winter.

If official - nice haul for the Yanks and kudos to Theo and team for going for it.

28 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

So basically replace Castro for Warren to get a more accurate picture of what the Cubs gave up in this deal when you get right down to it since they traded Castro to get Warren in the first place. I wonder what the haul would have been if Chapman had signed an extension. Yanks of course will lead the pack in resigning him next winter.

If official - nice haul for the Yanks and kudos to Theo and team for going for it.

The Cubs can throw cash at him as well.  Plus, why would he want to a team that is a few years away from really contending?

6 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

The Cubs can throw cash at him as well.  Plus, why would he want to a team that is a few years away from really contending?

Yeah, I'm not worried about the Cubs' ability to extend Chapman.

Gleyber is going to be a solid one - 19 YO SS actually hitting in a tough High A environment is an above average bet. I like McKinney a little more with a LHH friendly park. Solid haul, nothing the Cubs will actually miss but that wasn't a goal on either side. Good riddance on Warren.

Apparently the Yankees actually decided to go Gleyber over Eloy. For this, I have to thank them. Gleyber lacks the star power offensive potential, though balances that out by being a little safer and playing SS.

5 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Who knows? He could be a NY guy at heart and the Yanks can do so knowing that some insane contracts come off the books after next year. I am sure he'll have many suitors.

1 hour ago, GimmeShelter said:

Who knows? He could be a NY guy at heart and the Yanks can do so knowing that some insane contracts come off the books after next year. I am sure he'll have many suitors.

Chapman is going to want $18-20 million per year.  It might be worth it for the Yankees we have Beltran coming off the books this year and another $100 mil coming off after next season the three closer thing worked we just didn't have any offense

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Good move.  Warren was an effective starting pitcher here Rothchild can get him back on track and we can move CC out of the rotation 

CC hasn't been bad, his last 2 starts he gave up a lot of runs trying to get 1 more inning out of him.

The Yankees are all about FA 2018-2019, I doubt they're throwing a huge contract at a closer with Miller and Betances both on board. They're waiting on guys like Torres, Rutheford, Sanchez, and whoever else to graduate and then looking to pounce on Harper in 2019. 

10 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

As much news as a pizza delivery kid saying he likes certain high school ball players.

Lol, what a sad little troll you make. Baseball stats are magic! Prospects are rocket science! I can't not be flattered that a personal troll of mine feels such a type of way/so emotional about me that he remembers what I did and a post I made 11 years ago, so there is that.

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Calling a spade a spade

OK there feller, I know you're just a straight shooter. Baseball numbers are gay too, it's all hocus pocus. You calls 'em as you sees 'em using guts!

I seem to have built a couple super cereal JN rivalries this offseason with guys stuck in a previous decade, a couple of JN's worst and least intelligent. Your plus is that you aren't a fogey racist stuck in the 80s so much as you are just a troll with a grudge plus a decade+ on sports forums despite no actual knowledge of sports. It must be for the deep friendships. Kind of you to stretch your trolling into this thread too, the baseball forum was definitely not getting enough of you trolling. At least you're smart enough to pick the local sports teams, goooooo State!  

My actual favorite part of your insult is that it basically agrees with me that the Chapman comment of you buddy's was a wasted comment, which it truly was. You two really make quite the incompetent duo in that way, it's often a treat to witness given the situation.

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

OK there feller, I know you're just a straight shooter. Baseball numbers are gay too, it's all hocus pocus. You calls 'em as you sees 'em using guts!

I seem to have built a couple super cereal JN rivalries this offseason with guys stuck in a previous decade, a couple of JN's worst and least intelligent. Your plus is that you aren't a fogey racist stuck in the 80s so much as you are just a troll with a grudge plus a decade+ on sports forums despite no actual knowledge of sports. It must be for the deep friendships. Kind of you to stretch your trolling into this thread too, the baseball forum was definitely not getting enough of you trolling. At least you're smart enough to pick the local sports teams, goooooo State!  

My actual favorite part of your insult is that it basically agrees with me that the Chapman comment of you buddy's was a wasted comment, which it truly was. You two really make quite the incompetent duo in that way, it's often a treat to witness given the situation.

Just so you know my true stance:

-Numbers have a place in baseball. And numbers and stats can have some measurement of the value of a ballplayer. BUT, numbers and stats can also be very deceiving, and give false impressions of value. There are people who think that they only need to give creed to numbers alone, and that makes them an expert at analyzing baseball players. These people fail the "eye test" of actually watching a said ball player and understanding how the stats actually apply to their overall game and make-up. Stats have a way of deceiving people, if they do not watch these players at least semi-regularly. 

-I tend to ridicule people who think they know so much more than other people, and place their opinions on a mightier platform than others. You happen to fall directly in that slot. It is fine to argue your opinions, but when you do so with an attitude that only you are right, and everyone else is wrong when they challenge your opinions, well that places you in the general "ass" slot.

-I gave you the platform to explain your rationale of how you come to opinion on high school ball players, and to a lesser degree minor league players, when you have not seen these players in action live. You generate these opinions as being "your" view of them. I was curious, how did you come to "your" view. By all appearances, you are stealing thoughts of others, and contriving those to represent your own opinion. You politely ignored the ask. Figures.

That is fine, but please stop representing these as "your" own expertise opinion. 

I promise you, I have seen a wealth more of baseball talent at the high school level than you have, unless you are holding something back on us. I tend to doubt that, as a person who seems to have the general qualities that you possess, would come screaming to tell us if they were in fact some true type of talent evaluator. It is just the way you come off.

You feel all this is a "troll" (you use this word so much, that I tend to think your vocabulary is limited, thus furthering my opinion of you) behavior. Call it what you may, but as I have seen you traipse around these forums, you generally get what you deserve.

On 7/25/2016 at 3:17 PM, chirorob said:

CC hasn't been bad, his last 2 starts he gave up a lot of runs trying to get 1 more inning out of him.

Yeah I think what will happen is CC will pitch 4 innings and then Warren will be used as the middle reliever to pitch 3 innings.

On 7/25/2016 at 4:19 PM, SenorGato said:

The Yankees are all about FA 2018-2019, I doubt they're throwing a huge contract at a closer with Miller and Betances both on board. They're waiting on guys like Torres, Rutheford, Sanchez, and whoever else to graduate and then looking to pounce on Harper in 2019. 

Even if the resign Chapman in the offseason they still have $100 million coming off the books after next year.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Yeah I think what will happen is CC will pitch 4 innings and then Warren will be used as the middle reliever to pitch 3 innings.

Hey, CC   6 and 2/3, 2 earned.  I'll take that every day from him.

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I'm sure GimmeShelter will read that, but:

giphy.gif

You can't possibly expect me to actually read that bullsh*t/nonsense. From you? Lol, gfy. I know your stance - you're a slimeball troll with a personal grudge because you suck at talking sports despite spending so much time on a sports forum. You get schooled regularly by myself, you feel some type of way about it as the kids say, and so I get a personal troll out of the deal. You thrive here because you like the right teams rather than offering substance, insight, or even real content.

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Even if the resign Chapman in the offseason they still have $100 million coming off the books after next year.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/159474948/mlb-could-see-even-bigger-deals-in-2018/

Archived