Official Pats' Elimination Thread

Bugg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lack of running game for balance and offensive line woes did them in like I thought it might-thanks broncos

We talked about it.  I said l loved how the Broncos matched up.  I just thought, you know, its the NFL and the Pats, so it didnt matter.

Great being wrong sometimes.

Brady was no better than Palmer last night, the difference?  The zona receivers were dropping passes or making almost no effort to get to the passes lofted up into double coverage, Brady had an all pro TE and slot receiver to make him look good.  That final td?  Lobbed across the field with little zip a pick off special, gronk just took it away from the dumb as Db.

Also the Pats fell into the trap they were in about 5 or 6 years ago, no running game at all, not even attempting to run.  Let's allow the two premier edge rushers in the game to pin the ears back and go on every single snap.  Once again, like a number of games this year they needed multiple 4t5h down miracles to even be close.  (And thanks belly for not kicking fg's earlier in the game. )

Brady was no better than Palmer last night, the difference?  The zona receivers were dropping passes or making almost no effort to get to the passes lofted up into double coverage, Brady had an all pro TE and slot receiver to make him look good.  That final td?  Lobbed across the field with little zip a pick off special, gronk just took it away from the dumb as Db.

Also the Pats fell into the trap they were in about 5 or 6 years ago, no running game at all, not even attempting to run.  Let's allow the two premier edge rushers in the game to pin the ears back and go on every single snap.  Once again, like a number of games this year they needed multiple 4t5h down miracles to even be close.  (And thanks belly for not kicking fg's earlier in the game. )

I agree. The Patriots morphed back into the pass happy Pats of the late 2000s

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **** TOM BRADY

The emails were submitted among documents in the NFL Players Association's suit over Brady's four-game suspension.

"Thanks popa," Brady wrote to childhood friend Kevin Brady during an email exchange discussing a Grantland story that illustrated a decline for Manning in comparing the two quarterbacks. "I've got another 7 or 8 years. He has 2. That's the final chapter. Game on."

Bwhahahahahah **** YOU BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!

"Manning needs things to be perfect to succeed, weather, his system, etc.," Flannelly wrote. "You right about November --- HUGE"

Brady simply defers to Flannelly's analysis in his reply.

"We are some hard working grinders beav," Brady wrote. "That's what our team is all about. Our best is still ahead of us."

Dan Shaughnessy said it himself in his column.

The Patriots are not road tough anymore, whether by lack of practice or by lack of toughness itself. The old Patriots would win that game. 

If you are sourcing Dan Shaughnessy for any idea, I can guarantee that it is either moronic, wrong, or both. 

In this case, it is both.  Who the hell are the "old Patriots"?  The 1990 edition?  The Brady-led teams that have lost 3 home playoff games and 2 neutral site playoff games?   The teams that won Super Bowls against 3 Charmin soft defenses and one good defense that wasn't nearly as good as the one they just played?  None of those teams would have won against that defense yesterday without their starting LT and their only dangerous RB. 

If you are sourcing Dan Shaughnessy for any idea, I can guarantee that it is either moronic, wrong, or both. 

In this case, it is both.  Who the hell are the "old Patriots"?  The 1990 edition?  The Brady-led teams that have lost 3 home playoff games and 2 neutral site playoff games?   The teams that won Super Bowls against 3 Charmin soft defenses and one good defense that wasn't nearly as good as the one they just played?  None of those teams would have won against that defense yesterday without their starting LT and their only dangerous RB. 

By old Patriots, he meant the early 2000 Patriots.

Here's the article, part of which I disagree with. I think the Jets loss did play a part because of the way it went down.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/patriots-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

Skip Bayless "CLAIMS" Belichick was jealous of Brady so he tried to make play calls that would prove his genius.

I once claimed that Bayless is our generation's Howard Cosell. I retract that remark.

Cosell was much smarter and put together than Bayless. He's become a fricking clown, waving his arms up and down for entertainment.

unbelievable since tommy boy had 4 chances in the 4th quarter to score, and they never even thought about kicking a FG.

they deserve it

Given that Gostkowski missed a PAT that he normally makes with his eyes closed, I wonder if the refusal to kick FG's means he was hurt or something. LIke when Quigley was kicking our FG's and PAT's 

No worse than the barrage of holding by NE corners and o-lineman all day long. If anything, the officials were more consistent than usual. They didn't call Gronk on the play before for shoving the DB out of the way to catch the TD, and they didn't call the DB for tugging at his waste on a jump ball in which 3 other defenders would have knocked the ball loose anyway.

The Broncos did kick their ass. Credit to you for saying so. If the Broncos actually had a QB in the game, it would have been a lopsided victory.

"His Waste, the dishonorable Rob Gronkowski". Great typo (freudian slip?) 

By old Patriots, he meant the early 2000 Patriots.

Here's the article, part of which I disagree with. I think the Jets loss did play a part because of the way it went down.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/patriots-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

Thanks.  That's a lousy article even by Shaughnessy's impressively low standards.

The Patriots own Dick LeBeau defenses.  And Troy Polamalu has never seen a Brady fake that he hasn't bitten on.  It is just matchup thing.  I didn't see Polamalu or LeBeau out there yesterday, so Shaughnessy's attempt to compare yesterday to the Patriots performance against a Steeler team that NE has historically owned is (like most things Shaughnessy has ever written) completely off base.

didn't they win last year? I must of missed that one..

But they cheated. There's even a name attached to their win, Deflategate. So, for one, they cheated and then even though they cheated, they needed the other team's Head Coach to make the biggest coaching blunder in NFL history to win the game. That sorta stinks. 

Archived