cotchery is going to get a ring in 2 weeks

Blackout

That play in overtime against the Browns..pulled groin limping into a diving catch. I fell in love that day.

I wish we had him as our 3rd WR this year 

Its a lock he gets a ring in 2weeks, broncos might be lucky to score over 7 points 

Torn between wanting Peyton to go out with a ring like Ray Lewis because honestly Peyton deserves it.. And I think if he gets this last one before he goes out, it erases most of the critics who drape on the one flaw in Peyton's career; Playoff choking. But on the other hand I love Cotch and want him to get his ring, tough decision.

Was hoping Larry Fitzgerald could get a ring to cap his career after playing on some miserable teams and this would have been likely his last chance, but I've always loved Cotch and will be very happy for him as well. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy or a player with more heart 

Meh, he's the one who demanded to be released because of not being handed a starting gig after a down year.  Don't get me wrong, I was definitely happy with him while he was here and have nothing against the guy, but see no particular reason to be rooting extra hard for a guy who wanted to leave.  Especially when you consider the rest of the league has since seemed to agree with the Jets that he was no longer a starter.

Meh, he's the one who demanded to be released because of not being handed a starting gig after a down year.  Don't get me wrong, I was definitely happy with him while he was here and have nothing against the guy, but see no particular reason to be rooting extra hard for a guy who wanted to leave.  Especially when you consider the rest of the league has since seemed to agree with the Jets that he was no longer a starter.

To be fair, he was a starter in 2009 when we made the title game.  we traded for Holes and moved him ahead of him in 2010 then when we decided not to go after Braylon following 2010 we went after a guy who had been in prison for a few years.  he didn't make a big stink about any of it.

Cotch was my favorite Patriot Killer.  He had his very best games against the Cheaties.  I hope he wins a ring.

Me too.  My daughter went to NC State right after Cotch left.   I bought her his jersey.

Its kool that down here, a lot of COTCH panther jerseys can be seen  (no. 82, his college number and Panther number).

Well deserved.  Another poster said it, but he always had good games against NE.  Had a tippy toe catch for TD in Foxborough in 2006, long gainer with lot's of YAC in first half of 2011 Divisional round in Foxborogh.  I was at one game where he made a grad, landed on top of a player, not down, and got up and ran in for a TD(everyone in the stadium thought he was down).

the guy had great hands, and was uncanny how he always kept his feet in bounds on the sideline patterns. And he didn't do silly dances and gestures either.

While that was often the case on balance in his Jets years, I seem to recall the last year he was here he had double digit drops without the 80-150 targets that full starters were targeted.

This.  

Good for Cotch, but Cotch is not a major Jet in our history, so.....yeah.  Ok.

Agreed in spirit but THIS is where I believe management  should have done better.  Tanny should have had the balls to sit him down and explain to him that he will make more as a JET. he will not get more elsewhere and I bet all things considered...between his stint in PITT and Carolina, he has not made what the JETS would have paid him.

By luck, he is going to the SB.  But I would have rather he stayed here and retired here.

Well deserved.  Another poster said it, but he always had good games against NE.  Had a tippy toe catch for TD in Foxborough in 2006, long gainer with lot's of YAC in first half of 2011 Divisional round in Foxborogh.  I was at one game where he made a grad, landed on top of a player, not down, and got up and ran in for a TD(everyone in the stadium thought he was down).

yes on the TD in 2006, that was the game that made NE switch from grass to turf.  also had that long catch and run for a TD later that year in the playoffs.

The great catch and run in the 2010 playoffs(January '11) was actually in the 4th qtr in the div rd not the first half.  I believe that was the first play of the 4th qtr, set up the Sanchez to Holmes TD to give us a double digit lead again after NE had just scored and got the 2 pt conversion to cut it to 3.

I remember that play, that was also 2006 but the home loss in week 2.

he also had a Tyree helmet style catch at Foxboro in the Thursday Night game we won in OT in 2008.

Agreed in spirit but THIS is where I believe management  should have done better.  Tanny should have had the balls to sit him down and explain to him that he will make more as a JET. he will not get more elsewhere and I bet all things considered...between his stint in PITT and Carolina, he has not made what the JETS would have paid him.

By luck, he is going to the SB.  But I would have rather he stayed here and retired here.

I dont think it was about the money. 

I remember the catch where he tore his hammy on the cut and still caught the ball.  was amazing! that being said I cant put him as an all time great Jets reciever, just someone who i think is a good person and will be cheering for him to get a ring. 

Archived