Wade Phillips.... Terrible Head Coach

chirorob

He had a Pro Bowl QB. And couldn't get to the playoffs.

That's insane. What did we say about him "If only he had a QB..."

He had one. And couldn't get to the postseason

that "pro bowl" QB was 8th alternate and is going b/c 7 guys declined.  that player also missed multiple games and if he didn't he might be back in the playoffs.

I love Arians but in 3 years in AZ he has 1 playoff win and was humiliated in the div rd.  isn't 4 PO wins and 2 title game apps better than that?

that "pro bowl" QB was 8th alternate and is going b/c 7 guys declined.  that player also missed multiple games and if he didn't he might be back in the playoffs.

I love Arians but in 3 years in AZ he has 1 playoff win and was humiliated in the div rd.  isn't 4 PO wins and 2 title game apps better than that?

Honestly alternates are beyond the point. Taylor provided great QB play. You can say he got hurt, but he's a running, scrambling QB.

If Rex could win games with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith, he could win at least one with EJ Manuel.

Bottom line is that he had the best offense he has ever had and he missed the playoffs. I think that's worse than the Jets. The Jets were not expected to be this good. Jets were picked 4th in the division AGAIN. Buffalo had better talent overall than the Jets. And they ended up with less wins.

I don't know when Arians got in the conversation, the main topic was Wade Phillips

Honestly alternates are beyond the point. Taylor provided great QB play. You can say he got hurt, but he's a running, scrambling QB.

If Rex could win games with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith, he could win at least one with EJ Manuel.

Bottom line is that he had the best offense he has ever had and he missed the playoffs. I think that's worse than the Jets. The Jets were not expected to be this good. Jets were picked 4th in the division AGAIN. Buffalo had better talent overall than the Jets. And they ended up with less wins.

I don't know when Arians got in the conversation, the main topic was Wade Phillips

I think the 2010 Jets O was better but it wasn't just Taylor that was hurt, McCoy was, Watkins was, a ton of guys were.  He did a bad job this year w/ that defense and it cost him.

the point is everyone loves Arians, everyone thinks he's a genius and yet he has less success than Rex after 3 years. 

I think the 2010 Jets O was better but it wasn't just Taylor that was hurt, McCoy was, Watkins was, a ton of guys were.  He did a bad job this year w/ that defense and it cost him.

the point is everyone loves Arians, everyone thinks he's a genius and yet he has less success than Rex after 3 years. 

Fair enough, but my point is that Jets fans aren't really upset about the Bills beating them. They were upset about REX beating them.

Take Rex away and I guarantee you, more people aren't going nuts over it. Still disappointing, but not doomsday.

In terms of talent, the Bills are more talented than the Jets overall. I think people might have predicted a split with Buffalo. Bills were not a horrible team. Jets fans presumed they were horrible because of REX.

They don't cry about Fitzpatrick losing to the Bills defense. They cry about him losing to REX's defense.

Fair enough, but my point is that Jets fans aren't really upset about the Bills beating them. They were upset about REX beating them.

Take Rex away and I guarantee you, more people aren't going nuts over it. Still disappointing, but not doomsday.

In terms of talent, the Bills are more talented than the Jets overall. I think people might have predicted a split with Buffalo. Bills were not a horrible team. Jets fans presumed they were horrible because of REX.

They don't cry about Fitzpatrick losing to the Bills defense. They cry about him losing to REX's defense.

I'd be going just as nuts, I don't care who beat us.  it was crushing to lose week 17.

Buffalo and us have a similar amount of talent but Buf was much more beat up so we had more talent to work with this year.

I'd be going just as nuts, I don't care who beat us.  it was crushing to lose week 17.

Buffalo and us have a similar amount of talent but Buf was much more beat up so we had more talent to work with this year.

But in the last game depth at RB proved crucial and the Bills were better at depth

This is just silly and belongs in a separate forum for fans who NEED to endlessly argue/discuss Rex or Geno.  That loss was doomsday to 99.9% of the fanbase regardless of the buffoon on the opposing sideline.

We cried about missing the playoffs. The Rex storyline is something you made up.

We cried about missing the playoffs. The Rex storyline is something you made up.

Oh really. Then how come people said "We'll beat'em easily" Bills were 7-8, not 4-11.

Jets fans should not have been as confident as they seemed to be here going into that game, especially given the history of this franchise.

He wasn't the only reason, but I do believe he was the biggest reason. Changed the whole offensive scheme and Fitz lost his safety blanket

we played that 1st half petrified of the wind, it didn't affect Buf and it badly affected us.  Powell wouldn't have changed that.  Buf had many more injuries than us, we lost b/c we were outcoached and Fitz played poorly.

we played that 1st half petrified of the wind, it didn't affect Buf and it badly affected us.  Powell wouldn't have changed that.  Buf had many more injuries than us, we lost b/c we were outcoached and Fitz played poorly.

Jets also need to play better on the road. 2-4 in true road games. Also leads me to believe that we would have not won the playoff game if we got in

Jets also need to play better on the road. 2-4 in true road games. Also leads me to believe that we would have not won the playoff game if we got in

who knows how we would have done? as poorly as Cincy played against Pitt we would have had a great shot. 

if you can't play well on the road then you really have no shot at a SB b/c you either have to win enough during the reg season to get homefield advantage or you have to win in postseason.

Archived