Should the NFL eliminate the pro bowl?

devland

This year a record number of players have chosen not to attend the pro bowl.  Jameis Winston is in the game after being the eighth player at his position to be either invited or announced in addition to the six quarterbacks voted in.  Adam Jones named Tuesday, was the seventh alternate at cornerback. Pretty soon they will start naming practice players to fill out pro bowl squad.  It is getting ridiculous   Most players receive bonuses for getting voted in and don't actually have to attend the game. I have always thought that all star games were the second biggest rip off in sports behind old timers games.  The old timer games are ridiculous.  Who wants to see a washed up former player embarrass himself?  You can see it for free at any local park.

The game is dumb. I would rather see a flag football game with the pro bowlers and some hall of famers than the actual pro bowl game

that's an awesome idea actually. not only would it be a lot more fun, but a lot more people would love to watch Troy Aikman or Joe Montana throwing again. It would make more money too. And let's face it that's the only thing that matters to NFL.

Yes. Replace it with a skills competition. 

Keep the game (why not) but add a QB skills competition.  Remember back when they had a QB competition where they had to throw a ball to a moving target and it created a chalk mark on the target?  This is back in the Battle Of The Network Stars days I'm referring to.

Keep the game (why not) but add a QB skills competition.  Remember back when they had a QB competition where they had to throw a ball to a moving target and it created a chalk mark on the target?  This is back in the Battle Of The Network Stars days I'm referring to.

Used to love the skills competition. The NFL earns BILLIONS of dollars each year. You want the players to care about the probowl? Change it back to AFC vs NFC and have the winning team split $10 million bucks. I sure as hell would watch that!

Make it a skills competition.  Which QB can throw it in a barrel from 40 yards away?  Which receivers can make the best play on the corners 1 on 1?  that sort of thing.

They need to end the charade that anyone is interested playing real tackle NFL football for (by their standards) free.  That mentality ended sometime during the 90s.  The players are so strong and they hit so freaking hard nowadays, it's a real health risk.

Archived