The NFL is becoming unwatchable!

34st GANG

Living outside of the tri-state area, and not having Direct TV, I only get to see my Jets when they happen to be carried on a major network in the southwest. That said I seem to have developed a heightened level of sensitivity to the …. Film school dropout, Touretts syndrome afflicted, caffeine pumping morons who can’t seem to stop showing me; fans, coaches, player close ups, yellow goal post flags, US Flags, former players, commentators, referees and any other f***ing thing they can point a camera at. OK I love the US Flag, but do I have to see it on a third and short with the game on the line while the talking heads are describing the plays matchups, which I can’t see? There were numerous Jets games this year (thank you God) that all went the same way, bounce from useless, unimportant shot, to player close up, to fans, just before we get the sideline view a spit second before the ball is snapped. Was that crow in man to man (God NO!)? What combo of D-linemen are we using? Only way to tell was to back up the DVR and freeze frame the picture! I have already resigned myself to the fact that the color guys are morons, homers and have a wonderful grasp of the obvious, unless its holding calls, I’m already watching without sound. But how do I watch without the seizure inducing flash of camera shots? Sorry but this has been pissing me off for some time now and I had to vent to the only other people on earth who might understand my frustration.

Competition breeds a better product.  Unfortunately, CBS and Fox have literally no incentive to provide a better product because they have monopolies to the AFC and NFC, respectively.  CBS broadcasts are horrible and have the WORST production/camera work in the industry.

I like the ESPN broadcast solely because of Gruden and his unintentional comedy.

They're trying to be creative at the viewer's expense.

A few years back the fad was those idiotic graphic explosions (with sound FX) before and after each stat they flashed. The graphics wasted more time than the actual info.

God I hated that. 

I think it all started w/ FOX getting the NFL.  "Fox Attitude.  We are FOX sports!"

Living outside of the tri-state area, and not having Direct TV, I only get to see my Jets when they happen to be carried on a major network in the southwest. That said I seem to have developed a heightened level of sensitivity to the …. Film school dropout, Touretts syndrome afflicted, caffeine pumping morons who can’t seem to stop showing me; fans, coaches, player close ups, yellow goal post flags, US Flags, former players, commentators, referees and any other f***ing thing they can point a camera at. OK I love the US Flag, but do I have to see it on a third and short with the game on the line while the talking heads are describing the plays matchups, which I can’t see? There were numerous Jets games this year (thank you God) that all went the same way, bounce from useless, unimportant shot, to player close up, to fans, just before we get the sideline view a spit second before the ball is snapped. Was that crow in man to man (God NO!)? What combo of D-linemen are we using? Only way to tell was to back up the DVR and freeze frame the picture! I have already resigned myself to the fact that the color guys are morons, homers and have a wonderful grasp of the obvious, unless its holding calls, I’m already watching without sound. But how do I watch without the seizure inducing flash of camera shots? Sorry but this has been pissing me off for some time now and I had to vent to the only other people on earth who might understand my frustration.

Archived