Why Ivory played so little in Buffalo

Ex-Rex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No injury was being reported and he didnt look injured on the 58 yard run. 

ok.  That proves it.  Again, the HC is a moron.  He thought the best way to win was Ridley.  And after he sucked up the joint he kept going.  And Chan too.  Another clueless idiot.  

Not one single fan would have made the switch but our coaching staff would 

ok.  That proves it.  Again, the HC is a moron.  He thought the best way to win was Ridley.  And after he sucked up the joint he kept going.  And Chan too.  Another clueless idiot.  

Not one single fan would have made the switch but our coaching staff would 

Ivory with 1 leg is 100x better than Ridley.....SHOW ME AN INJURY REPORT ON IVORY

Ivory with 1 leg is 100x better than Ridley.....SHOW ME AN INJURY REPORT ON IVORY

Why do I have to show you an injury report?  I made a simple statement, Ivory is much better than Ridley,  So were all the Jet backs.  But they were all injured.  Logic tells you know would play Ridley over Ivory.  You just said he's 100xs better.  Im sure the coaching staff may have noticed that too.  If you think they're all that stupid, good for you.  Move on.  You're goofy enough to believe that the HC decided in week 17 to do a 180 and bench the NFLS 5th leading rusher.  Fine, your opinion.   

Why do I have to show you an injury report?  I made a simple statement, Ivory is much better than Ridley,  So were all the Jet backs.  But they were all injured.  Logic tells you know would play Ridley over Ivory.  You just said he's 100xs better.  Im sure the coaching staff may have noticed that too.  If you think they're all that stupid, good for you.  Move on.  You're goofy enough to believe that the HC decided in week 17 to do a 180 and bench the NFLS 5th leading rusher.  Fine, your opinion.   

if this thread proves anything, it's that many Jet fans cannot apply simple logic

He missed practice completely on the Wed before the game due to a knee injury, was limited on Thu, but was listed as probable by Friday (New Year's Day, not sure how much practice took place).

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1272286/chris-ivory/

Why is this a thread NOW. It's been a month. Only way it really hurts, to follow joewilly's logic, is if we were going to the Super Bowl this year. And with our crappy road record, I doubt it.

So that's a reason to just pull your best players and play like sh*t? Where do you get your logic from?

Because you actually believe he was resting Ivory.  For the playoffs.

Forgot how logical you can be

Oh OK so what he was lying?! That's the f8cking dumbest post I have ever seen. You're so willing to stroke the guy that you CLAIM he was lying to the press? I hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that one all star.

So that's a reason to just pull your best players and play like sh*t? Where do you get your logic from?

pull your best players? The guy was hurt. There was talk about it all the week prior. I remember. Now if you want to blame Bowles, blame him for not lobbying to get another RB after Stacy went down

pull your best players? The guy was hurt. There was talk about it all the week prior. I remember. Now if you want to blame Bowles, blame him for not lobbying to get another RB after Stacy went down

Great players play hurt or apparently you've never heard the legendary coaches of the NFL say it? Ivory also had a 58 yard run in that game, so he couldn't have been that injured to begin with. Oh, and I would remissed if I didn't mention that the f*cking PLAYOFFS were on the line.

Stop making excuses for Bowles the failure. The guy sucks and if you haven't realized it yet, you will soon enough.

Great players play hurt or apparently you've never heard the legendary coaches of the NFL say it? Ivory also had a 58 yard run in that game, so he couldn't have been that injured to begin with. Oh, and I would remissed if I didn't mention that the f*cking PLAYOFFS were on the line.

Stop making excuses for Bowles the failure. The guy sucks and if you haven't realized it yet, you will soon enough.

Ivory isn't a great player. Why you treat him like one is unbelievable.

as for Bowles, the jury has a right to be still out. One game does not a season nor a coach make. That is illogical. Did he have bad moments this year, YES. Is he a rookie HC? Yes. 

BTW if you think Bowles sucks, you must have had another candidate in mind. Name him. And if it's Mike Westhoff, I think that speaks to your credibility

Ivory isn't a great player. Why you treat him like one is unbelievable.

as for Bowles, the jury has a right to be still out. One game does not a season nor a coach make. That is illogical. Did he have bad moments this year, YES. Is he a rookie HC? Yes. 

BTW if you think Bowles sucks, you must have had another candidate in mind. Name him. And if it's Mike Westhoff, I think that speaks to your credibility

OK, so by the definition of great, maybe he isn't. But the fact is, he's one of our BEST players, like it or not. In the early part of this last season, as Chris Ivory went so did this team. It all started with Chris Ivory for the offense. You can split hairs all day long about the definition of great, but that's not hat we are arguing. Stay on topic. Benching Ivory in the most important game of the season, with the playoffs on the line no less, is absolutely inexcusable.

OK, so by the definition of great, maybe he isn't. But the fact is, he's one of our BEST players, like it or not. In the early part of this last season, as Chris Ivory went so did this team. It all started with Chris Ivory for the offense. You can split hairs all day long about the definition of great, but that's not hat we are arguing. Stay on topic. Benching Ivory in the most important game of the season, with the playoffs on the line no less, is absolutely inexcusable.

He didn't bench him. He was hurt. Pure and simple. That what his history and the reports told us prior to the game. If he had been benched, he wouldn't have even seen the field that day

Oh OK so what he was lying?! That's the f8cking dumbest post I have ever seen. You're so willing to stroke the guy that you CLAIM he was lying to the press? I hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that one all star.

Coming from a complete idiot I'm not really insulted.  Not like you could ever tell the difference, you don't have the capacity to distinguish dumb from logical.   Only the most idiotic fan in the world believes that Bowles was resting Ivory in an one and done game.   

Unfortunatly you fit that bill.  GFY with the dumb talk or ignore.  

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

He didn't bench him. He was hurt. Pure and simple. That what his history and the reports told us prior to the game. If he had been benched, he wouldn't have even seen the field that day

NONSENSE. He DID bench him and even admitted as much in his own press conference. Stop telling your own story, gather the facts, and draw a conclusion good, bad, or indifferent. Stop making up your own narrative. Just because you so badly want to stroke the Jets doesn't mean they are not deserving of criticism. I am a Jets fan that tells it like it is, you should try it some time.

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

NONSENSE. He DID bench him and even admitted as much in his own press conference. Stop telling your own story, gather the facts, and draw a conclusion good, bad, or indifferent. Stop making up your own narrative. Just because you so badly want to stroke the Jets doesn't mean they are not deserving of criticism. I am a Jets fan that tells it like it is, you should try it some time.

Since you just joined this week I will reserve judgement if you are someone who "tells it like it is"

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Since you just joined this week I will reserve judgement if you are someone who "tells it like it is"

You'll reserve judgment for me when benching him was Todd Bowles words, NOT mine, in his own press conference? How very polite of you.

27 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

You'll reserve judgment for me when benching him was Todd Bowles words, NOT mine, in his own press conference? How very polite of you.

The backs only rushed 15x for the game which part of it was dictated on how the game was progressing and game plan.  Ivory was not 100 percent and Powell was out.  Ridley was going to get the ball no matter what.  Ivory was involved in 29 plays to Ridley's 25 which is just a bout the same. 

The game flow dictated how much they were used and the Jets moved the ball better in the air than on the ground other than that long Ivory run.

Was Ivory Benched?  No he was not.  Benching would mean he didn't see the field for a specific amount of time.  

“It was game-plan related,” Bowles said. “We tried to give him a break a little bit, too. He wasn’t 100 percent, but he was good enough to play. We could have got him more plays in there, but the game didn’t dictate that way.”

Where does it say he was benched?

On 2/3/2016 at 0:55 PM, prime21 said:

After Ivory's right foot plants after he just passes the 30 yard line, is there an attempt to dig down and accelerate or a sign of a possible injury.  I've watched it a few times but can't tell.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag2xc2byh88

I don't know about getting hurt, but it appeared that the second bill player to hit him did so like 3 yards out of bounds; too bad there wasn't an official right there :-)

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

I use facts. I was on this forum, which you weren't apparently, and Ivory was said to have a bad knee. Your "facts" are based in interpretation of words in a presser. My facts are based on clear statements and history. I would say my facts are based in more reality than yours.

And I criticize the Jets a lot. Their special teams were horrific

On 2/1/2016 at 0:04 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Why is this a thread NOW. It's been a month. Only way it really hurts, to follow joewilly's logic, is if we were going to the Super Bowl this year. And with our crappy road record, I doubt it.

Why do you give a sh*t and who made you the thread police all the time? Don't read it if you don't care.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because it seems like we've been over this before and it seems repetitive

Maybe people were so sickened over the outcome of that game that they couldn't bother coming on the boards for a while. I know I had to take a break I was so pissed...

And it's a legitimate question, and the HC either lied about his reason or he's a very stupid man. And he should be held accountable to the fans up to a certain extent. Saving Ivory for a game that may or may not be played is moronic, if true. 

1 hour ago, shevys said:

Maybe people were so sickened over the outcome of that game that they couldn't bother coming on the boards for a while. I know I had to take a break I was so pissed...

And it's a legitimate question, and the HC either lied about his reason or he's a very stupid man. And he should be held accountable to the fans up to a certain extent. Saving Ivory for a game that may or may not be played is moronic, if true. 

I agree. But it has been a month since then. It's time to let go of it and concentrate on next year.\

Plus I would like to see the quote Bowles made in regards to that. I don't believe that he would definitively say that. Or the interpretation is that he was hurt to begin with and wanted to give him only a few carries. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree. But it has been a month since then. It's time to let go of it and concentrate on next year.\

Plus I would like to see the quote Bowles made in regards to that. I don't believe that he would definitively say that. Or the interpretation is that he was hurt to begin with and wanted to give him only a few carries. 

You'd like to see more quotes? Thought you said it's time to let it go ... lol

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

You'd like to see more quotes? Thought you said it's time to let it go ... lol

True. I think most of the Jets fan base has gotten over it and are onto next year. By there are pockets of resistance who think the world is going to end when all they would have gotten from a trip to the postseason was probably a 1st or second round exit

On February 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM, prime21 said:

The backs only rushed 15x for the game which part of it was dictated on how the game was progressing and game plan.  Ivory was not 100 percent and Powell was out.  Ridley was going to get the ball no matter what.  Ivory was involved in 29 plays to Ridley's 25 which is just a bout the same. 

The game flow dictated how much they were used and the Jets moved the ball better in the air than on the ground other than that long Ivory run.

Was Ivory Benched?  No he was not.  Benching would mean he didn't see the field for a specific amount of time.  

“It was game-plan related,” Bowles said. “We tried to give him a break a little bit, too. He wasn’t 100 percent, but he was good enough to play. We could have got him more plays in there, but the game didn’t dictate that way.”

Where does it say he was benched?

He tells it like it is.  Calls people names, thinks he smarter than others 

Until you throw facts and logic his way.  

Then he just runs away. 

Archived