4.1 Upgrade - New Activity Streams (Please Review)

I am so sorry about the delay with the upgrade, I know the quoting issue is really bad. Thank you for your patience, I am told that the upgrade fixes this. We were supposed to upgrade last week. But here is my concern. The upgrade removes View New Content and My Content and merges them into something new called Activity Streams. Please take a look at this, there is even a video. I just want to make sure this isn't going to mess everyone up. If this looks good we can upgrade right away.

We will create a default stream for View New Content.

Activity Streams

Many older areas like View New Content, My Content, and more are now merged into the new Activity Streams feature. You can still replicate all that those old areas did and we actually ship with some default Streams to get you started. You can also, if you like, set an admin-default stream that shows in the upper right area automatically. Your members can override that with their own defaults if they find they like their own custom streams better.

For example, every morning when I get online I first check a custom Stream I created that I named "Home" which I selected as my default. By checking the default icon, a link always shows in the upper right.

562e7a63b487b_Home-InvisionPowerServices

Admins can also define a selection of available streams and set a global default. Here is an example that creates an unread content stream.

562e7ac847197_UnreadContent2015-10-26xvr

Thoughts?

Looks like I'll have to become computer literate...... again. Just now I finally figured out Windows '95

I'm still not sure why I can't look at the members list anymore. Always liked to look for members of an old board I was on.

Is that a security thing Max? Or am I missing something?

For real or you being sarcastic?

This upgrade fixes the quoting issue? Which issue is that, cause I can think of several.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone who can look at the post i made above and give thoughts on the activity stream, it would be appreciated.

i would like to upgrade as soon as possible.

How about that phony uniform he posed in when he never served outside an air-conditioned office in Texas:

mission-accomplished-408.gif

What an insult to real soldiers.

this thread is about the upgrade please hold off on political talk.

How about that phony uniform he posed in when he never served outside an air-conditioned office in Texas:

mission-accomplished-408.gif

What an insult to real soldiers.

Agreed, but don't care... we don't talk politics here, I just wanted the "mission accomplished" meme because it was perfect for the situation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone who can look at the post i made above and give thoughts on the activity stream, it would be appreciated.

i would like to upgrade as soon as possible.

If you upgrade is it permanent or can you undo it?

Since we can't review it without testing it, my vote is to do the upgrade. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the red dotted line arrow thingy is for and why old text is saved in the write box long after it was posted.

And other times it'll dump what you were writing when you thought you could go back and add to it later.

If you upgrade is it permanent or can you undo it?

Since we can't review it without testing it, my vote is to do the upgrade. 

It is permanent. Although if this doesn't fix the problems, I think we would undo it by moving to another software platform like Xenforo. Hopefully that isn't the case, but the problems with this version right now are unacceptable.

It is permanent. Although if this doesn't fix the problems, I think we would undo it by moving to another software platform like Xenforo. Hopefully that isn't the case, but the problems with this version right now are unacceptable.

Thing is, despite the glitches, this board still has many features that blow away other boards. I wonder if we all experience the same issues or if they vary.

Thing is, despite the glitches, this board still has many features that blow away other boards. I wonder if we all experience the same issues or if they vary.

That is good to hear (about the additional features).  We will get this sorted out. In hindsight I would have waited for 4.1 to upgrade, instead of going to 4. I was just really excited for the @ reply option.

but the edit button is here on these posts.  Huh?

I would have to check, but I am pretty sure it is on a timer. Like you can edit posts for a set period of time. Then the edit button disappears. This way people can't change predictions, etc after the fact.

I would have to check, but I am pretty sure it is on a timer. Like you can edit posts for a set period of time. Then the edit button disappears. This way people can't change predictions, etc after the fact.

It sucks if you don't notice a spelling error until an hour later.

"Noooooooo, derp spelling is forevvvvaaaaa!"

Archived