Worst draft class you had the (dis)pleasure of watching?

DoubleDecker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine by far was the "Idzick 12."  I just remember my brother was next to me and he said " I feel sorry for you bro."  12 picks and he botched most of them... Unreal

Parcells had two drafts that were far worse than Idzik's 12.

I'm going with the Idzik 12 because for the other ones I wasn't pay attention to the prospects before the draft.  For the Idzik 12, you knew who the studs were and we kept passing on them.  It was ridiculous.   Almost feels like it's going to be a 30 for 30 one day, when story breaks out that Idzik spilled coffee all over the draft papers and had to pick random names via google.  

It's probably one of the few drafts, where as soon as it was over, you felt like there were a plethora of people that could have done better.  

kyle Wilson

VladDucasse

Joe McKnight

John Connor.

FML.

lmao I'm laughing but crying on the inside.  That's so terrible, can't believe that was our draft smh

2012 wasnt much better

Our JETS club has a draft party every year. We waited until the 26th pick for a small kid from Boise State.  Next night when they announced Vlad Ducasse, I remember being at a buddys party with no TV. I saw the name only.  I imagined hows a Russian guy gonna play football.  I pictured Vlad this was way...boy was I wrong.

images.jpg

imgres.jpg

The Jets 1990 draft was the worst class: Absolutely Horrible.  The Jets had the 2nd overall pick and look what they did.  Only Roger Duffy and Ternace Mathis contributed, and Mathis's best years were with Atlanta!

Round Overall Player Position College
1 2 Blair Thomas RB Penn State
2 28 Reggie Rembert WR West Virginia
3 56 Tony Stargell DB Tennessee State
4 84 Troy Taylor QB California
5 112 Tony Savage DT Washington State
5 134 Robert McWright DB Texas Christian
6 140 Terance Mathis WR New Mexico
7 167 Dwayne White OG Alcorn State
7 168 Basil Proctor LB West Virginia
8 196 Roger Duffy C Penn State
9 223 Dale Dawkins WR Miami
10 251 Brad Quast LB Iowa
11 279 Derrick Kelson DB Purdue
12 306 Darrell Davis LB Texas Christian

Dorian Boose wore #97.  He looked awesome.  He just couldn't play for sh*t.

Dorian Boose came up to the CFL and played a couple years for my team Edmonton Eskimos.  His 1st year he was an absolute monster, just looked tremendous.  The 2nd year he got fat and lazy and had some drug issue and was gone by the end of the season.

Dorian Boose came up to the CFL and played a couple years for my team Edmonton Eskimos.  His 1st year he was an absolute monster, just looked tremendous.  The 2nd year he got fat and lazy and had some drug issue and was gone by the end of the season.

He had like 5 sacks one preseason and then didn't play all year.  His kid went to Centreville (Va) and is probably D1 somewhere.

The Jets 1990 draft was the worst class: Absolutely Horrible.  The Jets had the 2nd overall pick and look what they did.  Only Roger Duffy and Ternace Mathis contributed, and Mathis's best years were with Atlanta!

I think Dwayne White was the best player on that list.  Started for six seasons...four with the Jets, two with the Rams.

Time will tell but I think the Idzik 12 will ultimately be considered our worst to date. Parcells' two drafts were awful but he still fielded a successful team. Idzik blew a huge number of picks and failed to even hit once at a desperate need in a draft class full of answers (WR). You can point to Enunwa but we'll see if he can hold on to a starter position better than he can hold on to a pass. Otherwise that draft produced Pryor who is developing nicely. Not only did Idzik fail to draft good players but he failed to draft with a successful plan. Parcells put a team on the field that extended competitively for years. After 2014 the team had to be fundamentally changed and if not for the large amount of cap space available to bring in free agents this team would probably have needed years to rebuild. 2014 was supposed to be the opportunity to rebuild the team after Tannenbaum's mess but Idzik figured out how to make things so much worse.

That's the one I was going for.

You bust a #2 overall when there are HOF taken just after.  Your second rounder never sees the field.   Your 3rd round corner is nicknamed "Toast".   Your 6th round steal goes to the Pro Bowl, as a Falcon. 

Time will tell but I think the Idzik 12 will ultimately be considered our worst to date. Parcells' two drafts were awful but he still fielded a successful team. Idzik blew a huge number of picks and failed to even hit once at a desperate need in a draft class full of answers (WR). You can point to Enunwa but we'll see if he can hold on to a starter position better than he can hold on to a pass. Otherwise that draft produced Pryor who is developing nicely. Not only did Idzik fail to draft good players but he failed to draft with a successful plan. Parcells put a team on the field that extended competitively for years. After 2014 the team had to be fundamentally changed and if not for the large amount of cap space available to bring in free agents this team would probably have needed years to rebuild. 2014 was supposed to be the opportunity to rebuild the team after Tannenbaum's mess but Idzik figured out how to make things so much worse.

That 90 draft was so much worse.  Pryor looks like a player, and Amaro still might be one, and Enunwa may be as well.  It's bad, and it's bad he missed on so many wide receivers.  But look at the 90.  Just awful

we also used sup pick for Rob Moore.  So we did have Moore, White and Mathis as good players(though Mathis became good when he left us), Duffy wasn't bad either but this is why we sunk to the depths we sunk to in the mid 90s.

1990? Child please. 1990 looks incredible compared to this crap in 1987.

1 21 Roger Vick RB Texas A&M
2 42 Alex Gordon LB Cincinnati
3 75 Onzy Elam LB Tennessee State
5 129 Kirby Jackson DB Mississippi State
6 161 Tracy Martin WR North Dakota
7 187 Gerald Nichols DT Florida State
8 196 Eddie Hunter RB Virginia Tech
8 214 Mike Rice P Montana
9 241 Ron McLean DT Cal State-Fullerton
10 268 Sid Lewis DB Penn State
11 300 Kirk Timmer LB Montana State
12 327 Bill Ransdell QB Kentucky

That's the one I was going for.

You bust a #2 overall when there are HOF taken just after.  Your second rounder never sees the field.   Your 3rd round corner is nicknamed "Toast".   Your 6th round steal goes to the Pro Bowl, as a Falcon. 

Mathis had more yards in his 1st season with the Falcons than he had in 4 seasons with the Jets.  Here are his totals for the following 6 seasons after he left the Jets:

Year Tm G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb
1994-1999 ATL 94 92 760 465 6106 13.1 50 81 4.9 65.0 5 29 0 16 5.8 0.3 0.1 6135 50 1
Average 16 15 127 78 1018   8       1 5 0         1022 8 0

1990? Child please. 1990 looks incredible compared to this crap in 1987.

1 21 Roger Vick RB Texas A&M
2 42 Alex Gordon LB Cincinnati
3 75 Onzy Elam LB Tennessee State
5 129 Kirby Jackson DB Mississippi State
6 161 Tracy Martin WR North Dakota
7 187 Gerald Nichols DT Florida State
8 196 Eddie Hunter RB Virginia Tech
8 214 Mike Rice P Montana
9 241 Ron McLean DT Cal State-Fullerton
10 268 Sid Lewis DB Penn State
11 300 Kirk Timmer LB Montana State
12 327 Bill Ransdell QB Kentucky

You know, from 85-87 we got Al Toon and literally nothing else.  I remember the 87 draft, and even though I was just 14 I was like, "A fullback in the first round?  That's really odd."

That 90 draft was so much worse.  Pryor looks like a player, and Amaro still might be one, and Enunwa may be as well.  It's bad, and it's bad he missed on so many wide receivers.  But look at the 90.  Just awful

Most people include Rob Moore with that draft because they took him with the Supplemental.  They drafted Amaro and 3 WRs and all of them will not combine for 1/4 of the stats that Mathis put up.  Pryor may turn out, but they traded Rembert for Joe Kelly who started for a few years, Duffy and Dwayne White were 5+ year starters, Stargell started for a couple of years,  Bad as Blair Thomas was, his numbers were not that horrible.  The main problem was he was so much not a need and HOF guys were sitting there.  2014 basically netted 1.5 starters.   You could argue that '91 was worse.  The only 3 guys that even played in the league were Nagle, Mo Lewis and Gunn. So one real player (two since you can count Rob Moore here because that was where our #1 went) I guess they are all so bad that it isn't worth quibbling.

Archived