Worst draft class you had the (dis)pleasure of watching?

DoubleDecker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes Chad held us back by leading us to only our 2nd ever AFC east title. Jet fans are the worst.

I don't believe that appreciating the division title Chad helped deliver and believing that he held the team back with his injuries are mutually exclusive. You have to able to depend on your starting QB to stay on the field and not play compromised. 

I don't believe that appreciating the division title Chad helped deliver and believing that he held the team back with his injuries are mutually exclusive. You have to able to depend on your starting QB to stay on the field and not play compromised. 

to say you were frustrated with his injuries I can buy, to say he held us back is nonsense.  the season he played the most of our games he always led us to postseason.  Only QB in franchise history to lead us to 3 different postseasons and only non Brady QB to win a div title in the Brady era.

The Idzik 12 will always be my most hated draft class. 

Im probably one of the biggest draft freaks here and really look forward to it every year. When you follow the draft for so long like many people here do you see tendencies and really get a feel for how the GM's play it. 

To me it felt like Idzik had some very strong principles and knew he wanted to do certain things (accumulate draft picks and build through the draft) but never knew how to apply it. He seemed to want to win every trade in the public eye. He didn't want to overpay his young players(Mo). 

He seemed to overthink moves to the point he was paralyzed. Ive never seen a GM so scared to make a move via contract or in the Draft. A GM that had no idea what to do when a player dropped. A GM that didn't realize 12 picks could never make the team.  A GM that never considered using his 12 picks to manuever in the draft to get players that he loved. 

Watching that draft and seeing Martavis Bryant fall and passing on him 5 times or so for Jalen Saunders/Shaq Evans knowing they would both amount to nothing and Bryant had explosive potential was nauseating. Watching him take simply whoever fell to us in a need position was a joke. Watching him be so proud that he had made 12 picks like a Dog that wants a trick was the final straw. He just had no business being a NFL GM. I could talk about that draft class forever. 

The Idzik 12 will always be my most hated draft class. 

Im probably one of the biggest draft freaks here and really look forward to it every year. When you follow the draft for so long like many people here do you see tendencies and really get a feel for how the GM's play it. 

To me it felt like Idzik had some very strong principles and knew he wanted to do certain things (accumulate draft picks and build through the draft) but never knew how to apply it. He seemed to want to win every trade in the public eye. He didn't want to overpay his young players(Mo). 

He seemed to overthink moves to the point he was paralyzed. Ive never seen a GM so scared to make a move via contract or in the Draft. A GM that had no idea what to do when a player dropped. A GM that didn't realize 12 picks could never make the team.  A GM that never considered using his 12 picks to manuever in the draft to get players that he loved. 

Watching that draft and seeing Martavis Bryant fall and passing on him 5 times or so for Jalen Saunders/Shaq Evans knowing they would both amount to nothing and Bryant had explosive potential was nauseating. Watching him take simply whoever fell to us in a need position was a joke. Watching him be so proud that he had made 12 picks like a Dog that wants a trick was the final straw. He just had no business being a NFL GM. I could talk about that draft class forever. 

he was preparing for a future he would never get to oversee, he wanted Rex gone and the owner didn't.  he sabotaged Rex in year 2 thinking he could pick his next HC and buy time.  he did a great job accumulating all those picks then wasted it w/ that draft.

to say you were frustrated with his injuries I can buy, to say he held us back is nonsense.  the season he played the most of our games he always led us to postseason.  Only QB in franchise history to lead us to 3 different postseasons and only non Brady QB to win a div title in the Brady era.

This is just semantics. Okay, instead of "held them back" I'll say he limited our opportunities because of his lack of durability. 

This is just semantics. Okay, instead of "held them back" I'll say he limited our opportunities because of his lack of durability. 

is it his fault he got hurt?  when healthy he led us to more postseasons than any Jet QB.  I just don't understand how any Jet fan can bash Chad.

is it his fault he got hurt?  when healthy he led us to more postseasons than any Jet QB.  I just don't understand how any Jet fan can bash Chad.

Chad is my second favorite QB that the played for the Jets.  I remember being almost euphoric when they opened a can of whip ass on the Colts to win the division.  I only have 3 jets jersey that I will never throw away and his is one of them.  Man I really hope we can string together a few good drafts, hell back to back good drafts would be huge enough for me 

Durability counts, simple as that. So yeah, he does take some blame for that. I wouldn't say I'm bashing him by mentioning his durability issues, I'm merely noting that he wasn't someone you can depend on from season to season. I think that's fair. 

Durability counts, simple as that. So yeah, he does take some blame for that. I wouldn't say I'm bashing him by mentioning his durability issues, I'm merely noting that he wasn't someone you can depend on from season to season. I think that's fair. 

he had durability issues, it kept him from becoming a top QB in this league but to say he held us back is just silly.  It's our curse that when we have franchise caliber Qbs they are broken down like Namath and Chad but you still take whatever those guys can give you.

Archived