Board Upgrade - Tuesday 2/3/16 6pm Eastern Time

21 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I see a problem. On the bar at the top of the comment section, right above where I'm typing, there are at least two icons that are wrong. I click on the smiley to bring up the emoticons and it brings up a "code" box. The button to the right of it that looks--to me--like a chain link is the actual emoticon button.

This is a cache issue with your browser in this case, if you clear that or hard refresh it will fix it, if not let me know though please. :) 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Testing selective quote.

It's hard to do on a tablet. The quote this link only pops up for a split second and then it jumps to the bottom where the full quote is pasted. 

At least the must quote memory is gone. (If you started to quote someone and decided not to that quoted post continued to appear in the text box forever until you did (or until you cleared or switched your browser). Happened a lot when trying to isolate part of a post to quote. Then if the formatting got messed up or too much got erased, you couldn't just refresh the page and try again. It would still paste the original again, and if you tried quoting someone else, you'd get that quote inside the one you abandoned. Basically I had to clear my cache a lot or restrict posting to a full keyboard or desktop OS where editing quoted posts was easier.

It seems fixed so far. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's hard to do on a tablet. The quote this link only pops up for a split second and then it jumps to the bottom where the full quote is pasted. 

At least the must quote memory is gone. (If you started to quote someone and decided not to that quoted post continued to appear in the text box forever until you did (or until you cleared or switched your browser). Happened a lot when trying to isolate part of a post to quote. Then if the formatting got messed up or too much got erased, you couldn't just refresh the page and try again. It would still paste the original again, and if you tried quoting someone else, you'd get that quote inside the one you abandoned. Basically I had to clear my cache a lot or restrict posting to a full keyboard or desktop OS where editing quoted posts was easier.

It seems fixed so far. 

Never mind. It's still buggy. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Actually the Smilie button brings up CODE for me. What did I screw up? You mentioned that I had smilies inactive I think before the upgrade.

Clear your browser cache or hard refresh and that will be fixed. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Never mind. It's still buggy. 

Let me know what's still buggy and also try clearing your browser cache.  That issue was fixed though, and also list what tablet and operating system version you are using.

2 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

On Tapatalk the site is forcing me to sign in and then wont accept my password

Tapatalk may need to be updated, we'll check it. @Maxman

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

all seems fine....  I dont notice any difference. Should I?

The bugs and quirks we had only affected some users and operating systems, so not everyone saw them in this case. :)  They should be fixed up for all though! 

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Clear your browser cache or hard refresh and that will be fixed. 

Let me know what's still buggy and also try clearing your browser cache.  That issue was fixed though, and also list what tablet and operating system version you are using.

Will give it a try tonight. I don't bring my iPad to work. But it's whatever's the latest iOS software (9.something.something lol).

What was buggy is it was still "remembering" what I quoted but didn't reply to. Like I said, sometimes it happens because I just decided to not reply to an idiot (T0mShane, etc.). But more often it's because isolating part of a post on an iPad is a lot more work than it is on a desktop computer, and sometimes it erases/edits something I didn't mean it to. Unless I want to hand-type the original post to edit (on a touch screen keyboard, mind you), it's easier to just refresh the whole page and try again from scratch. Problem is, it then quotes the original again.

Don't worry about it yet. Like I said, I'll give it a try tonight. Admittedly, I didn't clear up my cache when I noticed the problem still persisting.

13 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

On Tapatalk the site is forcing me to sign in and then wont accept my password

36 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Tried reinstalling Tapatalk, still not working FYI.

I am upgrading Tapatalk right now on the server.

Still a lot of issues for me..  quoting issues are actually worse than before as far as I can tell.  So far today when going in the reply box I seem to be quoting someone from days ago that I have no intention of quoting.  It's been more of a pain to remove that quote on a desktop and on my phone I gave up and stopped trying after a couple minutes.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Still a lot of issues for me..  quoting issues are actually worse than before as far as I can tell.  So far today when going in the reply box I seem to be quoting someone from days ago that I have no intention of quoting.  It's been more of a pain to remove that quote on a desktop and on my phone I gave up and stopped trying after a couple minutes.

The only quoting issue I have had so far was bad.  I had two posts selected and was testing multi quote. Then I tried the quoting just highlighted text in another post. And basically ever time I posted after that it would post, but Chrome would kick me off the site. I had to clear my cache to remove it.

Just went to post this and the submit reply button was set to Saving but it was just stuck there. Had to refresh the screen and then I could retype this and post.

Tapatalk is logging me out after each post as well. I am going to open a ticket with them. I did upgrade Tapatalk to the latest version but the issue still happens.

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just went to post this and the submit reply button was set to Saving but it was just stuck there. Had to refresh the screen and then I could retype this and post.

Tapatalk is logging me out after each post as well. I am going to open a ticket with them. I did upgrade Tapatalk to the latest version but the issue still happens.

Submit Reply stuck in Saving happened to me all the time before the upgrade.  Also, I'd be logged in and logged out randomly whenever I opened different threads. 

When I reply to certain threads as soon as I click on the reply box it loads saved text from a week ago that I erased a dozen times ... before and after the upgrade.

How is the save function activated? It doesn't always "save". It needs a certain number of seconds or whatever ...

Tapatalk is junk by the way. ;)  Have you guys tried using the mobile version without tapatalk? 

As far as the editor remembering what you did prior, that is how it should work, the bug was not being able to delete it or clear it though. The editor is smart, it remembers, so if you start to quote something, and leave the page, when you return it will still be there, while this is a feature and supposed to be helpful, it sounds like you guys may change your mind alot?  lol   Anyway, you should be able to clear this now with ease, if not, please clear your browser cache and try again. :) 

If I can duplicate any issues however, we will get them fixed up too. 

47 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Submit Reply stuck in Saving happened to me all the time before the upgrade.  Also, I'd be logged in and logged out randomly whenever I opened different threads. 

When I reply to certain threads as soon as I click on the reply box it loads saved text from a week ago that I erased a dozen times ... before and after the upgrade.

How is the save function activated? It doesn't always "save". It needs a certain number of seconds or whatever ...

It takes a few seconds for the first save, about 10 or so.. 

I keep getting logged out. Had to log back in 3 times today.

@Admin I don't personally use Tapatalk but when we installed it they brought a bunch of new users to the site. So hopefully they fix the issue, I opened a ticket with them.

Well I am getting logged out after every post, so the ads aren't the cause. When I go to log back in the username and password are remembered. On the first try it doesn't log in. On the second try it does. This is definitely a big issue if others are experiencing it.

Archived