Board Upgrade - Tuesday 2/3/16 6pm Eastern Time

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, so it's not just me. For the past day or so I've been having to manually type in the smilies. Problem is I don't know them all, so I've found myself having to look them up.

I just want the button back. :(

Agreed. It's too much work to look them up by their descriptions.emoticon-char-004.gif

A website this sophisticated needs the ultimate ULTIMATE most complete emoticon database for the serious completionist.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, so it's not just me. For the past day or so I've been having to manually type in the smilies. Problem is I don't know them all, so I've found myself having to look them up.

I just want the button back. :(

I looked into this last night, this is a conflict with the ad code, which is breaking this, Max is looking into this now. 

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Rhett, why are we having to constantly clear our cache and cookies to solve these problems?  It was never an issue before. 

You shouldn't have too, I never do for example, however some browsers are very picky, and due to the many operating systems and browsers supported, some have quirks. 

1 minute ago, Admin said:

You shouldn't have too, I never do for example, however some browsers are very picky, and due to the many operating systems and browsers supported, some have quirks. 

You have asked me and several others to clear on several occasions.  I'm just wondering why.  It was never an issue before the recent upgrades.  And I have had the same browser since 2007.

On 2/13/2016 at 10:05 AM, munchmemory said:

You have asked me and several others to clear on several occasions.  I'm just wondering why.  It was never an issue before the recent upgrades.  And I have had the same browser since 2007.

Technology changes, caching items is the way forward, this is done at a server level, a software level, and a browser level in 2016, if someone is seeing issues as were mentioned, clearing the cache is the first step, so while most won't ever need to do so, some configurations on the user end are not something we can control. For example if you have browser side caching which is enabled by default on some browsers, that is not something we have clear in some cases.

Archived