Jets are aiming for a QB early - and I think they mean it

Paradis

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, Shockwave said:

As of right now Lynch is my favorite. Tall, Mobile, and a great arm. Has all the talent of Carson Wentz yet will likely be picked much later. 

But he like every other QB in this draft needs to sit for a year or Longer. I'm not sure Im willing to take any QB early that needs to sit - May as well just keep drafting one every year in the mid rounds and develop them. 

The worst part of drafting one early is your locked into them even if they suck. Drafting one in the second round or later gives you a ton of flexibility and really allows competition. 

Paxton Lynch is going to be a bust dude.

On March 23, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Beerfish said:

Some NFL exec was pulling a Paradis in an article on nfl.com today saying that Goff reminded him of cutler.  He also said he hopes some team drafts him before it is their pick so better players fall down the list.  lol

I'm one of the few people on earth that still likes Cutler as a QB.

I know i sound like i really dislike Cutler and Goff, but i don't. I just don't like the way Goff's mental fragility and decision making seem to be glossed over. 

And as for Cutler... If he was the jets QB, it's truly be a love/hate affair. I wish the guy would just put it together for 16 games. Love to see what that looks like. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I know i sound like i really dislike Cutler and Goff, but i don't. I just don't like the way Goff's mental fragility and decision making seem to be glossed over. 

And as for Cutler... If he was the jets QB, it's truly be a love/hate affair. I wish the guy would just put it together for 16 games. Love to see what that looks like. 

Cutler has the bad decisions problem but I've always like the big arm obviously but more-so that he is a tough sob that will always stand in there and take a hit to make a play.

i'm going back to the OP here.  assuming the jets do not go all out to move up for goff or wentz, is lynch the target or is it cook or someone else?  i remember reading the jets sent a bunch of scouts/coaches to MSU's pro day.  and if they are prepared to take cook, he may not make it to where they pick in the 2nd.  this is a tough draft to read for the jets, we're not familiar with mccags' tendencies, and last year's draft williams fell into their laps.  they have 3 clear needs at qb, lt and olb, and an overall need to infuse the offense with young talent.  

if i had to guess, i'd say mccags would be open to trading back in the first round to get more picks, but i'm not sure how that helps identify who the jets would target in the 1st two rounds picking 20 with only 6 picks (barring a mo trade).  at this point i would guess cook in the 2nd.

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm going back to the OP here.  assuming the jets do not go all out to move up for goff or wentz, is lynch the target or is it cook or someone else?  i remember reading the jets sent a bunch of scouts/coaches to MSU's pro day.  and if they are prepared to take cook, he may not make it to where they pick in the 2nd.  this is a tough draft to read for the jets, we're not familiar with mccags' tendencies, and last year's draft williams fell into their laps.  they have 3 clear needs at qb, lt and olb, and an overall need to infuse the offense with young talent.  

This.

We really don't know how this regime might handle this years situation... The Williams scenario was unique so it's tough to lean on that for cues...,  I know we weight in on offers, so I guess that speaks the rigidity of them sticking "firm" with their board value. 

For Lynch, cook and others - maybe that means they place a certain valued on each of them and if the pick doesn't match the big board, no dice? Or is QB it's own beast? ....stressed! 

I hate to be the wavering type, I was on Lynch before it was fashionable to do so but his little bit of face time on nfl network has me a bit worried.  He comes across as a bit of a dumbass, not fair at all on my part but 1st impressions you know.

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Alter boys don't win championships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care about altar boys, I care about not being a dumbass.  Just 1st impression he came off as a Mallett type.  Totally unfair on my part but just 1st impression hearing him talk.  I'll still be jut fine taking him, just a minor quibble.  And a guy I still like, that being cutler comes across like that as well.

I don't care about altar boys, I care about not being a dumbass.  Just 1st impression he came off as a Mallett type.  Totally unfair on my part but just 1st impression hearing him talk.  I'll still be jut fine taking him, just a minor quibble.  And a guy I still like, that being cutler comes across like that as well.

I didn't get a dumbass vibe myself, but he definitely doesn't present like the iron-clad coaches pet the way some QBs do during this process. Do you see the Gruden camp video when he was laughing when John was chasing him? Lol.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I hate to be the wavering type, I was on Lynch before it was fashionable to do so but his little bit of face time on nfl network has me a bit worried.  He comes across as a bit of a dumbass, not fair at all on my part but 1st impressions you know.

Have you heard Terry Bradshaw speak? That doofus won 4 Super Bowls. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Did u see him throw at the combine? very underwhelming in my opinion.  I dont really think hes the guy.

I still haven't gotten around to seeing all the QBs, but I just can't bring myself on the Lynch train.  I just don't see the first round assurance from him, besides being a huge QB.  I like Goff a lot from the tapes, but he has his flaws.  I didn't watch Wentz tapes all that closely because he's playing against your future insurance adjuster, on a loaded team, so it's just all physical projection on him. 

Cook can be interesting, and I think he has a shot to go late first like Bridgewater.  Hackenberg I wouldn't touch until the third or fourth.  

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I prefer to have a QB with an attitude who dosent give a sh*t what people think of him. That's what hurt Sanchez and Geno (besides many other flaws) they were too concerned what people thought about them and we're always trying to please everybody. We need a QB with an attitude in NY, not a punk, but a guy who won't get rattled by our parasite media.

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This quarterback class is like if you're really hungry and you can't wait to eat so you settle for some 5.99 all you can eat buffet full of broken dreams and empty calories. 

I feel the complete opposite, oddly enough. The more i watch, the more i like... well, a better way of putting it, is the guys i like, i'm beginning to REALLY like. I didn't trust Mariota last year and the rest of the group was cheerleaders. Year before that had a couple of interesting guys at the top, but a bunch game manager extraordinaires. 2013 is a blackhole.

I genuinely like all 3 to differing degrees at the top this year, have nothing but love for Brandon Allen, and am genuinely intrigued by others like Jones, or Adams.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I feel the complete opposite, oddly enough. The more i watch, the more i like... well, a better way of putting it, is the guys i like, i'm beginning to REALLY like. I didn't trust Mariota last year and the rest of the group was cheerleaders. Year before that had a couple of interesting guys at the top, but a bunch game manager extraordinaires. 2013 is a blackhole.

I genuinely like all 3 to differing degrees at the top this year, have nothing but love for Brandon Allen, and am genuinely intrigued by others like Jones, or Adams.

You didn't like Jameis last year? I loved him. 

Oh yes, I did as well. I was speaking relative to other than the obvious. Winston is probably my fav qb prospect of the last 5 years next to cam Newton.... Lucks the best but kind of robotic.

On 2016-02-02 at 11:29 AM, flgreen said:

A QB who no body is talking about, and i like for the Jets in the 4th is Cardale Jones.  

I would agree, but IF the Jets are going to pick a QB in the first two rounds, I think it would be too early for Jones.

The other name that should be considered is Dak Prescott.  He would need a year in the pros, but he has a good arm, and people are raving about his football I.Q. and leadership.  Those are two qualities that nobody seems to be raving about with any of the other Q.B.'s.  I would take that over a cannon arm any day.  Now, could he be had in the 3rd?  Tough call, with Denver being a wildcard there.  With the DUI though, who knows.  But to me, if you like him, you take him in the 2nd round, or move up to get him.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would agree, but IF the Jets are going to pick a QB in the first two rounds, I think it would be too early for Jones.

The other name that should be considered is Dak Prescott.  He would need a year in the pros, but he has a good arm, and people are raving about his football I.Q. and leadership.  Those are two qualities that nobody seems to be raving about with any of the other Q.B.'s.  I would take that over a cannon arm any day.  Now, could he be had in the 3rd?  Tough call, with Denver being a wildcard there.  With the DUI though, who knows.  But to me, if you like him, you take him in the 2nd round, or move up to get him.

Yes.

If Fitz signs, then I'd favor taking Prescott later and developing him and Petty. Use the first rounder for a plug-and-play selection.

34 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

IMO, yes, the first two rounds is WAY to early for Jones.  Even though he might very well go in the 2nd with the way people value QB's.

I'm not really crazy about any of the QB's in this draft where they are being projected right now.  No way I am moving up to the top of the draft to get either Wentz or  Goff.  If either would fall (not going to happen) I would take them.

Lynch I'm not taking at 20.  IMO Petty is just as good a developmental project as Lynch, except he was taken in the 4th (IMO a steal) 

Also I agree that Prescott could fall because of the DWI.   If he falls, I'm good with Fitz Prescott/Petty.  Think there  is a fair chance one of the young guys could develop.  Particularly with Fitz in front of them.

On April 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Scoop24 said:

Time to get that 6'7 Monster with the Rifle and mobility from Memphis And Groom him up . 

Lynch is going to be a bust he will be a waste of a draft pick

1. Locks onto first read? Check

2. Looked totally inaccurate in pro day? Check

3. Headcase? Check

On April 2, 2016 at 1:13 PM, maury77 said:

I loved him too while most of this board was labeling him "100% lock to bust" and was drooling over Mariota.

Same posters are now drooling over Paxton Lynch who is a crappier version of Mariota

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the guy that is starting to grow on me is Cardale Jones. I thought he held onto the ball way too long when Ohio State won the championship, but watching Jones last year, I saw a noticeable improvement in his processing speed (even though he was eventually benched). 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the guy that is starting to grow on me is Cardale Jones. I thought he held onto the ball way too long when Ohio State won the championship, but watching Jones last year, I saw a noticeable improvement in his processing speed (even though he was eventually benched). 

well the jets have a buttload of people watching paxton today.  i still think they'd need to leapfrog the rams to get him though, not that it's even the best move.  

Lynch is going to be a bust he will be a waste of a draft pick

1. Locks onto first read? Check

2. Looked totally inaccurate in pro day? Check

3. Headcase? Check

Lol buddy you're full of sh*t... You don't like him, that's totally up to you. But you're talking out of your ass.

"Locks on to first read" - you haven't watched sh*t!! That's so completely untrue that makes you sound like an idiot. Nobody has ever criticized him for that.

"Totally inaccurate proday"... LOL his proday started 20 mins ago. GTFO

After rewatching Dak, I have little confidence he's going to be able to handle NFL secondaries. I wanted to like him so bad, and there are a lot of good things about Dak, but he's going to struggle to do anything but be a check down machine. T. Jackson is what I think we can expect from him.

Archived