Running Backs

drdetroit

We really need to plus up this position in the middle to late rounds.  Here's a couple guys I think can make an immediate impact:

Tyler Ervin, San Jose St - Danny Woodhead clone but with better acceleration.  Also an explosive return man.

Aaron Green, TCU - had 7.0 ypc and a touchdown at Senior Bowl.   can start immediately.

Keenan Reynolds, Navy - will be available in rd 7 or as UFA.  Played option qb in college but will be a rb in the NFL if he gets to play.  Has a 5 year obligation to be in the Navy but arrangements can be made to have him play in the NFL.  I. E - does 10 years in Navy Reserves.  The next Edelman?

Dwayne Washington, Washington - former WR who runs with power but also has acceleration to break off the big play.  Missed 4 games last season due to knee injury but is now ok.  Will be available in the 6th and 7th rounds

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

CJ Prosise would be a great value in whatever round he goes in. One to watch at the combine for sure.

This draft looks deep at the rb position.  Absolutely no need to resign Ivory or Powell or draft Derrick Henry in rd 1.

7 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

This draft looks deep at the rb position.  Absolutely no need to resign Ivory or Powell or draft Derrick Henry in rd 1.

I wouldn't go as far to say not to re-sign Ivory or Powell, and no one is drafting Henry in the 1st. The Jets will draft a RB this season, but they need a veteran as well. Powell could be that guy or it could be someone else.

17 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Keep an eye out for Jordan Howard of Indiana .  My guy has always been Booker of Utah .

I'm a Jordan Howard fan.  Hits the hole hard, good game speed and can catch out of the backfield reminds me a little of Terrell Davis.

This a such a deep draft class at rb.  Maybe no superstars but a lot of serviceable players

On February 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Tinstar said:

My top guy for us still remains Devontae Booker and it will take a bad combine performance and pro-day  in totality to change that.

He looks good but he's got to learn to hold the ball tighter to his body & carry it in his right arm.

Archived