Significant winter weather alert : Snow Friday morning... heavy snow either Monday or Tuesday

cookiemonsta

A cold front which is associated with the rain event of today is going to move slowly enough for a low pressure to form along it, and result in a period of light to moderate wet snow Friday morning.

Significant travel disruptions are likely with 2 - 4 inches of snow right during the morning commute. 

The second system is a disturbance which comes ashore the west coast tomorrow morning. It will move southeast bound and be located off the Georgia coast Sunday morning. Models have trended stronger with this parent disturbance and may allow a heavy snow event to move up the coast.   There is another system for Tuesday which may bring snow showers as of now.  I'll update if I see something different that can cause this set-up to slightly shift.

JN is now my source for winter weather advisories, thanks for the heads up 

No problem :). The Friday event of 2 - 4 inches is bad since it hits during the morning , if that hit on a Saturday that would be a nothing type event.   The event next week is definitely much more significant as of now and would be in the news whether it hit on weekend or weekday.

love the internet, what a strange and random thing it is to have a guy show up to only post local weather alerts in the off topic board on a Ny Jets forum

Guarantee you he's on fishing forums, northeast knitting forums, cat fancy forums, you name it. 

love the internet, what a strange and random thing it is to have a guy show up to only post local weather alerts in the off topic board on a Ny Jets forum

many of us JI refugees live by his weather predictions.  i bet you the mainstream media will start picking up on this monday/tuesday event on saturday.  by that time it will be too late to be prepared.

thanks cookie - keep us posted. 

many of us JI refugees live by his weather predictions.  i bet you the mainstream media will start picking up on this monday/tuesday event on saturday.  by that time it will be too late to be prepared.

thanks cookie - keep us posted. 

everyone here is a JI refugee, just happenned in different waves :)

16 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Guarantee you he's on fishing forums, northeast knitting forums, cat fancy forums, you name it. 

Hey, what's wrong with fishing forums.

I've heard about the Mon/Tues snow possibility, but there is nothing in the forecast for snow for North Jersey for tomorrow, like, at all. 

1 hour ago, Fishooked said:

Hey, what's wrong with fishing forums.

I've heard about the Mon/Tues snow possibility, but there is nothing in the forecast for snow for North Jersey for tomorrow, like, at all. 

I love fishing forums!  In fact that's why I even mentioned it.  If you wnt the most accurate weather predictions, go to fishing forums.  We're also mutual Deadheads I play in a local Dead tribute band in Jersey. 

8 hours ago, Larz said:

I saw that on my phone yesterday

thanks for saving lives

lol

Larz - are you also an expert weather person?  you seem to know a bit if i recall from the last storm 

it would be great to have two experts on the weather to give us the truth versus the mainstream media.

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Larz - are you also an expert weather person?  you seem to know a bit if i recall from the last storm 

it would be great to have two experts on the weather to give us the truth versus the mainstream media.

No, I work outdoors and check the weather obsessively, lol

my source is NOAA

cookie obviously has good sources, but I could do without the hype, which is why I never watch the weather channel

Archived