"My guys fitz"

jetsfan719

Meh, I love Marshall but this kind of stuff is uncalled for.  What if the Jets were high on Kap and planned on trading for him.  How do you back track from a statement like that?

This is the same guy that claimed Cutler was going to win the MVP a couple of years ago.  And was roommates with Geno, who was the reason why Marshall allowed the Bears to trade him here. 

If he wants to be an analyst, then be an analyst.  The duel role is going to end up making him stick his foot in this mouth. 

You need to look at Bmarsh's history dummy.

Anyone who is Marshalls starting QB is "his guy"

Remember all the stuff he was saying about Geno last offseason? He's been a huge fan of every starting qb he's played with except for Henne.

Also, crazy to think that you want a garbagebag journeyman who's been in the nfl and is allergic to the playoffs over a guy who was one play away form winning the super bowl, led his team back to the nfc championship, and helped his team to an 8-8 record even though almost all the talent was gone from him and he got sacked 52 times.

I'm glad that by quite a few articles that The jets were aware and intrigued by the rumors coming out, I'm glad that people like you don't run the Jets F.O, and I'm glad a guy with half of brain like Mac is runnig the JEts F.O.

Like I said, look into some of the stuff Marshall has said about all of his qbs, they've all been "his guy", learn something about the players before you try and quote them.

Remember all the stuff he was saying about Geno last offseason? He's been a huge fan of every starting qb he's played with except for Henne.

Also, crazy to think that you want a garbagebag journeyman who's been in the nfl and is allergic to the playoffs over a guy who was one play away form winning the super bowl, led his team back to the nfc championship, and helped his team to an 8-8 record even though almost all the talent was gone from him and he got sacked 52 times.

I'm glad that by quite a few articles that The jets were aware and intrigued by the rumors coming out, I'm glad that people like you don't run the Jets F.O, and I'm glad a guy with half of brain like Mac is runnig the JEts F.O.

Like I said, look into some of the stuff Marshall has said about all of his qbs, they've all been "his guy", learn something about the players before you try and quote them.

Once he stood by Geno....  I had my doubts about his take on things.  Fantastic player. 

I recall Marshall absolutely gushing over Cutler.  Think he called him the best QB in the NFL.

Interviewed him a couple hours ago and mentioned the few fans who were rooting against Fitz as the season progressed...he was obviously unaware of it but it's still crazy to me that there are any fans who were happy to see him throw those three INT's in Buffalo.

Interviewed him a couple hours ago and mentioned the few fans who were rooting against Fitz as the season progressed...he was obviously unaware of it but it's still crazy to me that there are any fans who were happy to see him throw those three INT's in Buffalo.

I don't believe any Jet fan was happy to see him play like he did at Buffalo. 

I don't believe any Jet fan was happy to see him play like he did at Buffalo. 

Not many, but a few folks have taken multiple opportunities to take victory laps with the "told ya' so's"

Not many, but a few folks have taken multiple opportunities to take victory laps with the "told ya' so's"

I still don't believe they were rooting for it to happen, when we lost that was probably their way of dealing w/ the loss but if someone was actively rooting for fitz to fail w/ the playoffs on the line I don't consider them to be actual Jet fans.

I still don't believe they were rooting for it to happen, when we lost that was probably their way of dealing w/ the loss but if someone was actively rooting for fitz to fail w/ the playoffs on the line I don't consider them to be actual Jet fans.

To each his own, right?

Meh, I love Marshall but this kind of stuff is uncalled for.  What if the Jets were high on Kap and planned on trading for him.  How do you back track from a statement like that?

This is the same guy that claimed Cutler was going to win the MVP a couple of years ago.  And was roommates with Geno, who was the reason why Marshall allowed the Bears to trade him here. 

If he wants to be an analyst, then be an analyst.  The duel role is going to end up making him stick his foot in this mouth. 

Relax.  If the Jets are interested in Kaep, this statement has no bearing on their decision.  And if they do bring in Kaep, it is to compete with Fitz and not to take his job.  Fitz isn't going anywhere. All it means is Geno is gonzo and Petty isn't  close.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Relax.  If the Jets are interested in Kaep, this statement has no bearing on their decision.  And if they do bring in Kaep, it is to compete with Fitz and not to take his job.  Fitz isn't going anywhere. All it means is Geno is gonzo and Petty isn't  close.

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Colin Kaepernick will not be on the same team at the same time, anywhere.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Perhaps your own imagination or twisted psychology.

If anything, Jets fans were more pissed about those season-choking INTs than The Fizz himself.

Just now, jetrider said:

Perhaps your own imagination or twisted psychology.

If anything, Jets fans were more pissed about those season-choking INTs than The Fizz himself.

Right

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Dude, Marshall was all "my guy is Geno" before IK.

He's going to have his QBs back, that's the takeaway here... not much more to it.

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He's going to have his QBs back, that's the takeaway here... not much more to it.

And there is nothing wrong with that....this guy has been a perfect teammate and does nothing but support the QB of the team no matter who it was 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is the kind of stuff that infuriates me. That there are people out there who don't have time to pay attention to what sensationalized and anonymous groups of dimwitted jagaloons say on the Internet makes me seriously reconsider how I spend my spare time.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

They have not given up. It's an organized retreat to the "We Overpaid to Re-Sign Fitz" defensive line.

5 hours ago, Colgateman said:

its crazy to think i want a garbagebag journeyman? so u want to say the chemistry this season between the two was not  beneficial to many of the wins? So basically instead of going with fitz, who the players love and admire. who is a leader. who gave us a solid season, and is the perfect stop gap to develop petty and whichever other qb we may draft. I should start another year with another qb (kapernick) who would not be our franchise qb, and start all over and build chemistry once agin with the players.  Sounds smart. 

And for your information if you kept up with reports you would know he never strayed away from geno. He said the other day that as of now this is ryans team. However he preaches to geno every game to keep notes on fitz and what he does, because he still believes he can be a starting qb in this league. 

and no im not a gm running this franchise, but it is nice to see your players sticking up for each other and showing chemistry. And if your argument is he whole fitz not making playoffs routine, than this is an absolute pointless reply. 

He had a good year. Maybe he will have another. Maybe not. I just believe hard to sh*t on the guy when his team mates love him and has given us one hell of a season that we havent seen in a very long time.

5 hours ago, Colgateman said:

and get more than 44 posts before calling people dummys.  And didnt have to learn to quote a player, because thats exactly what he said.

13 hours ago, Colgateman said:

While you might be right, Showing up and calling people "dummy " is an arrogant douche way to go about it. Not to mention that your opinion that Colin is a better option than fitz is not a fact. Kaepernick hasn't looked good for a while now. 

14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I'm very Relaxed, thank you. 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I know, I said that.  I just dont think you can put sh*t out there like that when you're playing.  Whatevs, it's a different day in the NFL.

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If the Jets trade for Kaepernick, the entire wide receiver room should mutiny.

Agreed.  But what if they landed Kap and not Fitz?  Would be pretty funny to see BMarsh start talking about how great he is.

Archived