Chase Daniel, or Sam Bradford....

Lupz27

On 2/5/2016 at 0:14 AM, hawk said:

Of course they would have to sign him.  No team is going to trade for a player on a one year deal (Franchise Tag).  That goes for any hopes the Jets may have for moving Mo as well.  

Regardless of why they were looking to trade for him, they were looking to trade for him.  Obviously, they thought he was worth trading for.  Then he went out and had a solid year, and showed progression every week.  So yes, I am interested to see how that plays out.  

You're missing my point.  How much will they "have to sign him for"?  If they trade a franchise DE for a franchise QB, the bar is set in the $16-20M range per. You want to pay Kirk Cousins $20M per year?  I sure as **** don't.

Why they were looking to trade for him is very relevant.  If they saw him as a starter they would have been exploring deals for him before the season when they traded for Fitzpatrick.  They explored deals for all kinds of QBs when Geno went down because they only had Petty after Fitzpatrick,.  The team obviously felt Petty was not ready to play in games early in the season. 

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're missing my point.  How much will they "have to sign him for"?  If they trade a franchise DE for a franchise QB, the bar is set in the $16-20M range per. You want to pay Kirk Cousins $20M per year?  I sure as **** don't.

Why they were looking to trade for him is very relevant.  If they saw him as a starter they would have been exploring deals for him before the season when they traded for Fitzpatrick.  They explored deals for all kinds of QBs when Geno went down because they only had Petty after Fitzpatrick,.  The team obviously felt Petty was not ready to play in games early in the season. 

I'm not missing your point.  We could sign Wilkerson to a $12 to $14 mil per deal, or we could sign Cousins for more.  The difference is I would not be opposed to paying a QB that has show potential, and progress in the NFL.  A deal like Kaepernicks would not bother me at all.  Pay for performance type deal.  Better yet, Andy Dalton type.  Is there a risk?  Absolutely, but I would rather see them take a risk on a guy that has done it in the NFL, than say a guy coming out of the secondary college football league like Wentz.  

That being said, I am interested to see how it plays out.  I will see what the guys that make millions of dollars making these decisions do.

On 2/4/2016 at 1:55 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

The real question is when am I going to change your avatar picture if you don't do it yourself. I just think it's TX until/unless you write something obviously from a Jets fan's POV.

Can't you change it to a motion-gif of a big bouncing rack or something? :) 

I gift this gif to Dr Detroit

Archived