Jets Not interested in Kaepernick....

JetBlue

NFL rumors roundup

Here's a look at some of the top rumors for Thursday, Feb. 4:

Updating an item from yesterday, it sounds like the San Francisco 49ers and quarterback Colin Kaepernick might indeed be parting ways, but the QB's interest in the New York Jets doesn't appear to be mutual. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Wednesday evening that Kaepernick "has wanted out [of San Francisco] for quite some time," but the Jets "have not [been] and are not interested." La Canfora referred to the QB's situation with the Niners as an "impending divorce," adding that new head coach Chip Kelly has "done nothing to build a relationship" with Kaepernick and "a trade remains very likely." If the 49ers do plan to move on from Kaepernick, they're likely trying to remain quiet about it to keep his potential trade value afloat. It would be a mild surprise to see Kelly punt on Kaepernick without ever giving him a chance -- especially considering Kaepernick's potential game-breaking ability in Kelly's system -- but it's possible the team's relationship with its QB has already been damaged beyond repair. As for the Jets, they could be better off re-signing Ryan Fitzpatrick and looking to add more dynamic pieces around him. If New York does have interest in Kaepernick, it would behoove the team not to show it, giving the Niners less leverage and perhaps leading to Kaepernick's release.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post/_/id/29570/nfl-rumors-roundup-193

33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets are far better off keeping their mouths shut considering Revis and the tampering charges that were recently leveled at them!

jets should keep their mouths closed unless it's to say no to kapernick

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How could saying they don't have interest be considered tampering? With Revis, they say they did.

You are not supposed to be, as an organization, saying anything about the players on another team.  You as an organization could by saying you are not interested publically lure a team to do things they may not want to do.  Saying anything about another player under contract is tampering.....Period

I'm glad the Jets are not interested. My feeling is they should resign Fitzpatrick and add more weapons around him. Not because I believe in Fitz ability to bring a championship to NY. I don't. But I also believe he's a nice stopgap until we can see what Bryce Petty can offer the Jets long term. Adding weapons will only help Bryce Petty we he does get his chance. With that said, if a guy like Drew Brees becomes available? That changes everything. Bench Fitz, hold on to Bryce Petty , Brees becomes the immediate starter and the Jets become an instant contender.

Archived