Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

Muhammad Wilkerson

By Glenn Naughton

With NFL free agency just around the corner, Jets fans will be keeping a close eye on star defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson whom the Jets are expected to slap with the franchise tag if they can’t come to terms on a long-term contract.

Another possibility of course would be a sign and trade with any interested parties, and according to Jason La Canfora of CBS sports, the Raiders may be that party.

“If he’s not franchised by the Jets, they’ll pounce on him; if he is [franchised] they could still work out a trade,” La Canfora told CBS this week.

True or not, La Canfora’s comments are the first we’ve heard in regards to any potential trade partners should the Jets look to move Wilkerson, and based on the how they’ve handled Wilkerson up to this point, a trade would appear more likely than not.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qaHp9u_UKyY

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense, they have the building blocks on offense and Mo and Khalil would anchor that Defense for many years, plus provide star power to help a new stadium deal somewhere

There will not be a better player with the 14th pick, I would prefer they just worked out a deal to keep Mo on the Jets

Love Wilkerson and would like him to stay, BUT if he is truly looking
for Watt or Suh $$$ I'm making that deal.  Wilkerson is a good player
he is not a game changer.  Jet fans who truly watch the game saw that
against HOU & the second BUF game.  Those were playoff games and he 
didn't make an impact

Would be nice if for once we could keep our own players but I agree with KRL that if he's being unreasonable then we have no choice.  If we let him go then we better keep Harrison and add a pass rusher at the outside linebacker position.  Why does it seem that players drafted by the jets are often greedy.  It's not enough to be paid like one of the top players, you have to be paid like a superstar and more than any other player at that same position.  We shouldn't be letting these players go.

At some point, Maccagnan is going to have to shoot his shot on a QB, because Fitz isn't going to be sustainable moving forward. If they decide they can work with Lynch or Wentz, and it costs them Mo, there really is no decision to make. In three years when the Fitz/Petty/Drew Stanton-type cabal ends up costing Bowles his job, handing Mo $50 mil to get 10 sacks on a .500 team is going to look silly. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

At some point, Maccagnan is going to have to shoot his shot on a QB, because Fitz isn't going to be sustainable moving forward. If they decide they can work with Lynch or Wentz, and it costs them Mo, there really is no decision to make. In three years when the Fitz/Petty/Drew Stanton-type cabal ends up costing Bowles his job, handing Mo $50 mil to get 10 sacks on a .500 team is going to look silly. 

Exactly why I think he drafted Williams and didn't extend Mo.  He's his most valuable trade chip and they need a QB.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Great post.  This regime needs to go get a qb.  Leonard williams can replace Mo.  Get a qb!

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I know this is a pipe dream but if we made that trade with OAK
I would then:

- Bring back Harrison

- Go after Von Miller, he's worth Watt $$$

Besides somehow landing an outright franchise QB, this is a reason give up Mo. Miller is a monster.

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don't necessarily disagree, but it is going to look sillier when the most likely scenario plays out - no QB emerges and the Jets are out Wilkerson. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Don't necessarily disagree, but it is going to look sillier when the most likely scenario plays out - no QB emerges and the Jets are out Wilkerson. 

Losing is worth that risk though. Without a QB, the Jets will never be a good football team, no matter who is on the DLine. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Where's Raiderholic when you need him?

Right here, and anyone knows Reggie Mckenize knows how much he values his draft picks. I call Bs, this story as the Raiders aren't trading for M Wilkerson, or any player who was hit with the franchise tag.      

The Jets might tag and trade M Wilkerson , but it won't be to the Raiders. Jmo If Raiders were looking for defense lineman they would just sign Malik Jackson - Delrio knows very well- where it won't cost anything but cash.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I know this is a pipe dream but if we made that trade with OAK
I would then:

- Bring back Harrison

- Go after Von Miller, he's worth Watt $$$

This trade has as much chance of happening as Von Miller making it to free agent market. None. Von Miller is getting the franchise tag from the Bronco's.

15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Right here, and anyone knows Reggie Mckenize knows how much he values his draft picks. I call Bs, this story as the Raiders aren't trading for M Wilkerson, or any player who was hit with the franchise tag.      

The Jets might tag and trade M Wilkerson , but it won't be to the Raiders. Jmo If Raiders were looking for defense lineman they would just sign Malik Jackson - Delrio knows very well- where it won't cost anything but cash.

Sweet, Mo is getting traded to the Raiders!!!

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

This trade has as much chance of happening as Von Miller making it to free agent market. None. Von Miller is getting the franchise tag from the Bronco's.

Holy crap we're getting Von Miller too!

Archived