Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember that time the Bills' running game cost us a shot at the playoffs, after we spent all day shutting down Tyrod Taylor?

Me neither.

Bills RB's Week 17:  33 carries, 62 yards.

Then again, what did The Great Mo Wilkerson do in those games? 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Sounds like enough time to have fallen in looooooove, long ago. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: LOLZ Best since I've been a fan for sure, but yeah on a solid pace to be the best in franchise history if things keep going well.

Both Gastineau and Klecko were game changing type players Mo is a good player but not in the same league with a Klecko not even remotely close. Gastineau was a one trick pony all the guy could do was rush the passer but with that ability he used to pressure the QB at an alarming rate. Stat wise yeah maybe Wilk gets in the realm but wilk never takes over games like those guys did.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Both Gastineau and Klecko were game changing type players Mo is a good player but not in the same league with a Klecko not even remotely close. Gastineau was a one trick pony all the guy could do was rush the passer but with that ability he used to pressure the QB at an alarming rate. Stat wise yeah maybe Wilk gets in the realm but wilk never takes over games like those guys did.

I wouldn't say never, because Mo really is a terrific player. But as to one of those total takeover type games like Watt did to us this year, or like Revis used to to like all the time, or pre-injury Jenkins? Yeah, that's definitely uncommon from Mo, even with another pair of guys on the DL attracting so much OL attention.

It will be sad to lose him if it goes down that way. But he just isn't filling a need, and that's quite a price tag for a position that is already adequately filled for the next 2 years minimum.

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He got held, tackled and mugged all game, and not once was it called. Oh, and the Jets lost.

Same thing I said and it's kind of a good amount of the reason I don't think he's worth QB money. Unless one thinks those calls are going to suddenly do a 180, he's too easily taken out of a game by holding. Sheldon Richardson can get held for 1/5 the price, thank you, and we can pick up another high draft pick to boot.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Same thing I said and it's kind of a good amount of the reason I don't think he's worth QB money. Unless one thinks those calls are going to suddenly do a 180, he's too easily taken out of a game by holding. Sheldon Richardson can get held for 1/5 the price, thank you, and we can pick up another high draft pick to boot.

Yup yup

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Same thing I said and it's kind of a good amount of the reason I don't think he's worth QB money. Unless one thinks those calls are going to suddenly do a 180, he's too easily taken out of a game by holding. Sheldon Richardson can get held for 1/5 the price,thank you, and we can pick up another high draft pick to boot.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's part of their Sheldon trade pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I bet they start pushing each other out of the way to offer us a high pick if we toss around that deal-killing trade pitch. 

He also plays LB! Always next year for a DL trade, probably they keep those three non-NTs together another year anyway. Trading one is more an imagined priority than an actual one.

Just now, SenorGato said:

He also plays LB! Always next year for a DL trade, probably they keep those three non-NTs together another year anyway. Trading one is more an imagined priority than an actual one.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the only deal you've been present for was at a blackjack table. A blackjack table well on its way to the HOF, perhaps, but a blackjack table nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the only deal you've been present for was at a blackjack table. A blackjack table well on its way to the HOF, perhaps, but a blackjack table nonetheless. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you seem a little upset. It's just the foozeball, guy! 

12 hours ago, SenorGato said:

- White was let go because, at 32, it could reasonably be expected he was on the downside of his career. Turns out that didn't mean he was do e and, while not as good as he was as an Eagle, he played well pretty much for the rest of his life.

- "Pretty much everyone else" is a group of posters on a message board. Wilkerson's probably got another 3-5 prime seasons plus a handful of seasons after that to continue building his resume. As it is, relative to other 27 year olds he is, yes, on a HOF track. This is =/= already definitely a HOF. Also a reminder - not being as good or better than Reggie White =/= a HOF and not worth an extension. Still far and away the team's best and most valuable young player and overall.

Amother sw-ing and miss from you, sir.

Your notion of swings and misses is extremely self serving but since you are playing to an audience of one at this point you can pretty much say whatever bizarre things float your boat.

I'm not sure why "home grown" plays any part of the debate on Mo. Who cares? He's a player in a uniform. Unless he's giving a homegrown discount I could care less. All that matters is for people who prematurely buy jerseys. Mo is a player with a particular value. If he will not sign within reason of that particular value, then trade him and gain that value through other means. The guy is a good player, he's not some HOF caliber player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I'm not sure why "home grown" plays any part of the debate on Mo. Who cares? He's a player in a uniform. Unless he's giving a homegrown discount I could care less. All that matters is for people who prematurely buy jerseys. Mo is a player with a particular value. If he will not sign within reason of that particular value, then trade him and gain that value through other means. The guy is a good player, he's not some HOF caliber player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's an ego/pride thing. Or maybe it's the time invested in falling in like/love with the player. 

I can understand it, but ultimately it's useless. I'd rather have a winning team of assembled mercenaries and other teams' castoffs than a roster of home grown players watching other teams in the playoffs.

D-Rob was home grown. The D went to another level when we dumped him and picked up Kris Jenkins. Shonn Greene was home grown. Ivory was a noticeable upgrade. Glenn Foley was home grown. Vinny was quite a bit better.  Hell more than half the '98 team's starters weren't home grown and who cared?

Assemble the best overall team we can under the salary cap constraints. That should be the only goal. 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think it's an ego/pride thing. Or maybe it's the time invested in falling in like/love with the player. 

I can understand it, but ultimately it's useless. I'd rather have a winning team of assembled mercenaries and other teams' castoffs than a roster of home grown players watching other teams in the playoffs.

D-Rob was home grown. The D went to another level when we dumped him and picked up Kris Jenkins. Shonn Greene was home grown. Ivory was a noticeable upgrade. Glenn Foley was home grown. Vinny was quite a bit better.  Hell more than half the '98 team's starters weren't home grown and who cared?

Assemble the best overall team we can under the salary cap constraints. That should be the only goal. 

- This little group has a real thing for this being in love with players angle. Buncha bros broin' out showin' queers what's what.

- Rotfl Dwayne Robertson...I suppose going for this angle beats comparing him to a bunch of players that range from inner circle HOF to borderlime.

I wonder if you even believe this at this point or if your points became imagination based so long ago that saying anything is worth a shot.

Archived