Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You going to Canton to watch Mo, Trevor Pryce, and Jason Taylor get inducted or nah

Go **** yourself, T0mShane. It's sad to believe, but this will - did - give folks courage despite the fact that you just put him in a group with a borderline HOF and a slam dunk HOFer.

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

or watt

trade watt ?

Herp derp might as well, how ya get da qerterberk if yer gotter DL paid like a qerterberk? Imagine all the problems they could fix on their roster!

53 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I think we may have left planet Earth at some point here.  Mo is a good player but no way is he close to being on a HOF track.  That is absurd.

Absurd because he plays for a losing, backwards franchise, but yes, yes he is on a HOF track. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Really, so if the Titans sign Malik Jackson and the Chiefs sign Wilkerson, the Titans are going to do better? Malik Jackson is now Reggie White?

The reason the Jets are even exploring the idea of trading Wilkerson is because we have Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams on the team. Both will still play on their rookie contracts for at least one more year. The Jets have 4 elite talents on defense (including Revis), it just so happens that 3 of them play the same position, thereby giving the team flexibility. 

The Chiefs can't even afford Muhammad Wilkerson , as they have their own free agents to worry about.  You want to play the If game I can too. 

If the Jets could have beat Rex team just once , they would have made the playoffs. See how silly playing the if game.

How about see where Malik Jackson ends up , and see where M Wilkerson ends up- than we will judge my statement.( again Malik Jackson going to come at fraction of M Wilkerson salary- can do more.

The Jets are in this mess with M Wilkerson because they didn't do something ( sign or trade) when they had the cap space. Now every day you have him on the books for 16 million prevents you from signing your own free agents , and other teams free agents you might have been interested in.     

So when March 9 comes and other team are getting better, dream that a team going to give the Jets fair compensation for M Wilkerson.

Btw - leave you with this thought - You can get the perfect trade offer, and if( that word again) Wilkerson doesn't want to sign a long term contract with that  team- what do you think you're getting back in a trade.    You might get stuck with that 16 million salary- than cut away.

Has anyone gotten in contact with Tom Brady about this Malik Jackson thing yet?

No, I'm still on the phone with Canton while they are looking for Mo's "HOF Trak" induction papers.  They are searching high and low, but can't find anything related.

Hall of Fame track....   LOL

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Take it back. Every Raider player is amazing and the product of genius management by Reggie McKenzie who has a plan. It's right in front of you. 

Reggie Mckenize and the Raiders are looking pretty good from where I'm standing today.  A lot of things are looking up for this Raider organization. 

Oakland will be the destination of soon to be free agents. Come join what they are building.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Reggie Mckenize and the Raiders are looking pretty good from where I'm standing today.  A lot of Nfl teams would like to be in their position going forward.

Will be a hot destination for soon to be free agents. ( most cap space and nice young developing franchise Qb- number 1 ingredient if you want to eventually win a championship.

Agree with you...Raiders seem to be on the right track. But to truly be a "hot destination for soon to be free agents" they have to get out of the sh*thole known as Oakland ASAP. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Has anyone gotten in contact with Tom Brady about this Malik Jackson thing yet?

No need to  as Malik Jackson is playing for a championship , while tom Brady  is working on his golf Game.   Thanks in large part to Malik Jackson, and Von Miller treating Tom  BrAdy like  he was a piñata .

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

No, I'm still on the phone with Canton while they are looking for Mo's "HOF Trak" induction papers.  They are searching high and low, but can't find anything related.

Hall of Fame track....   LOL

I get that football isn't a thinking man's spectator sport so things need to be really obvious and spelled out a few times for the folks at home. I get that Wilkerson isn't an obvious kind of talent and that the TeeVee would have said something if he was great. From that POV, I understand what an incredulous statement saying he is on a HOF track is, but still I insist. LOLZ 

27 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No need to  as Malik Jackson is playing for a championship , while tom Brady  is working on his golf Game.   Thanks in large part to Malik Jackson, and Von Miller treating Tom  BrAdy like  he was a piñata .

You've known where Tom is this whole friggin time? 

I get that football isn't a thinking man's spectator sport so things need to be really obvious and spelled out a few times for the folks at home. I get that Wilkerson isn't an obvious kind of talent and that the TeeVee would have said something if he was great. From that POV, I understand what an incredulous statement saying he is on a HOF track is, but still I insist. LOLZ 

Whenever someone doesn't agree with you, you try to be funny at least.  Unfortunately for you, you're not, but you get a cookie for trying. Twit.

Anyway, with regard to the issue of Wilk, you couldn't be any more wrong about Wilk's skills.  He's very good.  But he's  far from great and rarely is all that impactful on a game.  He's so far from Canton (and not just because of the team he is on, which is a cute excuse but completely wrong), that your claim is just absurd. He disappears in long stretches and really struggles to be clutch.  He's a nice piece for the DL, but in no way should the Jets give him a contract that exceeds his importance and contributions.  Bigger holes to fill elsewhere on the team so if Wilk wants to be a Jet, he'll need to be realistic and reasonable about his place on the Jets and relative talent to other more highly paid 3-4 DEs.  You shouold be bracing yourself for his departure, because like you've done in this thread, Wilk overinflates his own value.

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Whenever someone doesn't agree with you, you try to be funny at least.  Unfortunately for you, you're not, but you get a cookie for trying. Twit.

Anyway, with regard to the issue of Wilk, you couldn't be any more wrong about Wilk's skills.  He's very good.  But he's  far from great and rarely is all that impactful on a game.  He's so far from Canton (and not just because of the team he is on, which is a cute excuse but completely wrong), that your claim is just absurd. He disappears in long stretches and really struggles to be clutch.  He's a nice piece for the DL, but in no way should the Jets give him a contract that exceeds his importance and contributions.  Bigger holes to fill elsewhere on the team so if Wilk wants to be a Jet, he'll need to be realistic and reasonable about his place on the Jets and relative talent to other more highly paid 3-4 DEs.  You shouold be bracing yourself for his departure, because like you've done in this thread, Wilk overinflates his own value.

I couldn't be more right about Wilkerson's skills. He great, and on a HOF track. LOLZ. I look forward to his extension with the Jets and don't particularly care who here is braced for it or not.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

I couldn't be more right about Wilkerson's skills. He great, and on a HOF track. LOLZ, and I look forward to his extension with the Jets.

And when he doesn't get it and doesn't make the HOF will you come back to admit how wrong you were?

The Jets had so much money last season and gave Wilkerson none of it. I'm not sure why that is not a part of your thought process. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

I couldn't be more right about Wilkerson's skills. He great, and on a HOF track. LOLZ

repeating yourself doesn't make the claim right.  Just state it for what it is: one man's opinion.  Nothing more.  I would love to keep Wilk, but not if it means losing an opportunity to fill one or two other big needs in the first round of the draft.    As I said, you should be preparing for Wilk's departure. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

And when he doesn't get it and doesn't make the HOF will you come back to admit how wrong you were?

The Jets had so much money last season and gave Wilkerson none of it. I'm not sure why that is not a part of your thought process. 

I don't think you know what a track is. It's not part of my thought process because it's irrelevant, neither side had any obligation to come to an extension last year. You can make up arbitrary past deadlines and sing it from the mountaintops, doesn't change anything.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

repeating yourself doesn't make the claim right. 

LOLZ the irony, and this from a guy who is running with 100% opinion. 

As I said, you should - or shouldn't since no one cares if you're ready for it - prepare for Wilk to extend. I know it'll suck to see Master Woody spend like that and again, that the TeeeeVeeee would have told us that Wilkerson is great if he was. I even understand that your eyes' guts sees and feels things, but yeah....Just be ready, or don't be and watch it happen anyway.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

LolZ, the irony, and this from a guy who's opinion is 100% opinion. 

you're the one making the claim that Wilk is on "HOF Track".  Yet you provide no evidence thereof other than your opinion.  You're the one who needs facts and evidence in this thread, not those that don't agree.  As I said.  Very nice player.  He will be nothing more than a spectator in Canton unless he moves from solid/very good (when he's not taking plays off) to great/elite for the vast majority of plays.  He's not there yet Senor. As much as you want him to be.. I get that.  

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you're the one making the claim that Wilk is on "HOF Track".  Yet you provide no evidence thereof other than your opinion.  You're the one who needs facts and evidence in this thread, not those that don't agree.  As I said.  Very nice player.  He will be nothing more than a spectator in Canton unless he moves from solid/very good (when he's not taking plays off) to great/elite for the vast majority of plays.  He's not there yet Senor. As much as you want him to be.. I get that.  

Yeah, no, I've made a billion on Wilkerson in the past week. Feel free to read them and the many links provided on him. OTOH, the irony of claiming no evidence as you continue to pile opinion on opinion on opinion. LOLZ 

He is great/elite (while playing 90% of the team's defensive snaps) and while, no sh*t, he's not there yet - he is on a HOF track. 

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, no, I've made a billion on Wilkerson in the past week. Feel free to read them and the many links provided on him. OTOH, the irony of claiming no evidence as you continue to pile opinion on opinion on opinion. LOLZ 

He is great/elite (while playing 90% of the team's defensive snaps) and while, no sh*t, he's not there yet - he is on a HOF track. 

ironic or not, where is your evidence?  You're the one making the exaggerated claim, the burden of proof is on you, nobody else.  You really should offer some reasons why you think Wilk is HOF material.  So what about his play makes you think he belongs in Canton with the other greats?  Don't ask me to provide evidence for a negative claim when you provided none for your positive assertion.  ABsent any evidence that Wilk is HOF worthy, no one need prove he's not.  The presumption goes the other way in a debate buddy.

Basically, your claim is just unsupported dreck.

19 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

How many elite run stopping DEs are in the HOF? Calling him elite in pass rushing is insane and wrong. Not a matter of opinion - fact.

On 2/4/2016 at 5:50 PM, neckdemon said:

thats unrealsitic. maybe we get a first round pick. probably a second

Seymour was traded for a first round pick while he was 30. Wilkerson is 26 and hasn't even reached his peak, and still better than the player Seymour was, albeit the different position on the DL. I want nothing less than a 1st plus another 2nd day pick. Else, I'd like to keep him. However, Marshall was traded for a 5th so you never know.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

ironic or not, where is your evidence?  You're the one making the exaggerated claim, the burden of proof is on you, nobody else.  You really should offer some reasons why you think Wilk is HOF material.  So what about his play makes you think he belongs in Canton with the other greats?  Don't ask me to provide evidence for a negative claim when you provided none for your positive assertion.  ABsent any evidence that Wilk is HOF worthy, no one need prove he's not.  The presumption goes the other way in a debate buddy.

here are some recent defensive lineman in the HOF

chris doleman

cortez kennedy

john randle

is it really that far fetched an idea ?

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The irony LOLZ of a poster repeating his opinion over and over without a drop of a fact. As I said, I have a week's worth of posts on Wilkerson that you're free to read. There are plenty of links throughout on Wilkerson as a top player going back as far as summer 2013. If you don't want to because your opinion is evidence and truth all in one, as you've already decided, then feel free to not do it. 

35 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

How many elite run stopping DEs are in the HOF? Calling him elite in pass rushing is insane and wrong. Not a matter of opinion - fact.

Yeah, you should have quit days ago. I enjoy the brief moments of renewed courage when others pop up, but you all say the same thing and continue to offer nothing but your generic and lazy opinions. I couldn't possibly, even a little bit, care about opinions and more opinions on the subject. At some point you just to have cut your losses, understand I strongly disagree, understand that - like you with me - I don't believe you have made any kind of decent case to change my mind on the matter, and move on. 

I don't think you know what a track is. It's not part of my thought process because it's irrelevant, neither side had any obligation to come to an extension last year. You can make up arbitrary past deadlines and sing it from the mountaintops, doesn't change anything.

No you're right. The Jets were smart to not give him a massive contract last season when they could afford to as opposed to now where it will hamstring their budget this season and cost them some decent players. It's so clear now. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No you're right. The Jets were smart to not give him a massive contract last season when they could afford to as opposed to now where it will hamstring their budget this season and cost them some decent players. It's so clear now. 

So your logic is that they could afford to last year, but this year signing will totally hamstring them? You don't see the flaw in this? Would it be a one year deal for a player already on a one year deal? Brilliant planning, especially in the NFL where teams have no obvious routes to gain cap space. 

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So your logic is that they could afford to last year, but this year signing will totally hamstring them? You don't see the flaw in this? Would it be a one year deal for a player already on a one year deal? Brilliant planning, especially in the NFL where teams have no obvious routes to gain cap space. 

A new deal last year could have been constructed in a way to give them flexibility this year and backload it. You know that's a thing right? There are plenty of routes to gain cap space. Like not giving replaceable players massive deals. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A new deal last year could have been constructed in a way to give them flexibility this year and backload it. You know that's a thing right? There are plenty of routes to gain cap space. Like not giving replaceable players massive deals. 

Ah, and that is an impossible task this year. Alright, now that you've broken it down so thoroughly, I get it.

The Jets won't be giving a replaceable player a massive deal. Harrison will be allowed to leave for a big contract elsewhere without any trouble, even after clearing some cap space. Wilkerson will probably be back THO, being much harder to replace. 

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Ah, and that is an impossible task this year. Alright, now that you've broken it down so thoroughly, I get it.

The Jets won't be giving a replaceable player a massive deal. Harrison will be allowed to leave for a big contract elsewhere without any trouble, even after clearing some cap space. Wilkerson will probably be back THO, being much harder to replace. 

Who knows what's possible? I imagine MM does much better than either of us. If Wilk was going to be agreeable to a managable deal, he'd have one. He wants his money and he wants it now.

Wilkerson was rated .4 better than Williams on PFF and not nearly as close to being as good as Harrison. Nice try though. 

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who knows what's possible? I imagine MM does much better than either of us. If Wilk was going to be agreeable to a managable deal, he'd have one. He wants his money and he wants it now.

Wilkerson was rated .4 better than Williams on PFF and not nearly as close to being as good as Harrison. Nice try though. 

Apparently yourself and a handful of others are the only ones who know what's possible. Amazing how many nonsense conclusions are made based on imaginings....demands...signability....You sure know what's possible!

Please name two ways Harrison is better than Wilkerson. I'll wait. Funny how you had it down to the decimal on Williams, who can only occupy one end, and nothing but more opinion on Harrison. 

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Chiefs can't even afford Muhammad Wilkerson , as they have their own free agents to worry about.  You want to play the If game I can too. 

If the Jets could have beat Rex team just once , they would have made the playoffs. See how silly playing the if game.

How about see where Malik Jackson ends up , and see where M Wilkerson ends up- than we will judge my statement.( again Malik Jackson going to come at fraction of M Wilkerson salary- can do more.

The Jets are in this mess with M Wilkerson because they didn't do something ( sign or trade) when they had the cap space. Now every day you have him on the books for 16 million prevents you from signing your own free agents , and other teams free agents you might have been interested in.     

So when March 9 comes and other team are getting better, dream that a team going to give the Jets fair compensation for M Wilkerson.

Btw - leave you with this thought - You can get the perfect trade offer, and if( that word again) Wilkerson doesn't want to sign a long term contract with that  team- what do you think you're getting back in a trade.    You might get stuck with that 16 million salary- than cut away.

I used the Chiefs as an example to show how incorrect your earlier statement was, but now that you mention it, the Chiefs have 33 million going into next offseason and have a need at DE. 

Archived