Dak Prescott

SenorGato

Jets met him at the Senior Bowl. I don't hate him as a QB prospect. Fine the Tebow comps are lazy, his 8 hour delivery with the left arm makes him a player that is nearly impossible to compare anyone too. 

Prescott answered a big question I had - size - by weighing in 6'2" 226 at Senior Bowl. He doesn't have the ideal track record, and I don't believe he is a slam dunk day 1 starter, but he basically rewrote the offensive record books at Miss St., won three bowl games setting some records there, and is consistently praised for his makeup, intelligence, and work ethic. While he's a 5th year senior, he leaves school at 22 years old with an undergrad degree he earned in 2014 and was/is working on a masters degree during 2015. He took MVP honors at the Senior Bowl. 

Knocks are on his footwork, but given the meh up top at the QB position this year - I'd like to see the Jets use a pick on this guy. Has the arm, has enough size, and I think on paper  he more or less stacks with the top QB prospects in this [mediocre] draft.

Since there will be basic bitches: Tajh Boyd he is not, so please don't even think about it. He's two years younger than Boyd was entering the league, bigger, more accomplished, played against stiffer competiton in college, and has done more in the pre-draft process. 

I don't hate him as a prospect, but he is just a few notches above a kid like Logan Thomas coming out of college. He is a project, like Petty. I wouldn't take him before the 4th round. We have needs besides another project QB. If we are going to take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds, I want a guy that can potentially start right away or sometime in year 1 and not a kid that needs 2 years of seasoning. We already have that with Petty unless Jets brass doesn't like what they see in Petty....

Interesting as a 4th-5th round pick since Rayne "Dak"ota Prescott could bring more to the table then prospects like Hogan, Coker or maybe even Jones because I could see Dak helping the team with special plays as he develops as QB.

Tyrod Taylor was drafted in 2011 in the 6th round, so it will be interesting to see how the QB's come off the board this year

The thing I don't like about him is that his name makes me think of Neve Campbell's character in Scream, which then makes me think about Neve Campbell in the pool scene with Denise Richards in Wild Things, and I just don't know if that's the type of sh*t that's supposed to come to mind when I'm trying to figure out if a quarterback is good or not. 

Dak is interesting, he's sort of a best of the rest when you get to the tier 3 quarterbacks but I like Brandon Allen the Arkansas QB.  I watched him a lot this season and he was impressive but I don't know how to feel about his 8 1/2 in hand size.  It may be a deal breaker. 

2 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Dak is interesting, he's sort of a best of the rest when you get to the tier 3 quarterbacks but I like Brandon Allen the Arkansas QB.  I watched him a lot this season and he was impressive but I don't know how to feel about his 8 1/2 in hand size.  It may be a deal breaker. 

Kid is not going to get drafted .  He's got 8" hands, considered by NFL talent evaluators as undraftable  .

So I'm starting to think he's the top tier 2 QB in this draft, not really going out on a ledge there, and my favorite QB prospect overall this year. If there's a Russell Wilson in the draft, a less hateable version of Russell Wilson, this would be the guy.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So I'm starting to think he's the top tier 2 QB in this draft, not really going out on a ledge there, and my favorite QB prospect overall this year. If there's a Russell Wilson in the draft, a less hateable version of Russell Wilson, this would be the guy.

Is Russell Wilson "hate-able"?  I thought he's generally considered to be a good guy, no?

25 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Hasn't he been at the center of a bunch of affair nonsense? I'm bothered by then hyphen too.

25 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Hasn't he been at the center of a bunch of affair nonsense? I'm bothered by then hyphen too.

The "hate-able" hyphen?  lol.  I wasn't sure how to write it.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

How do you break down the QBs in tiers ?  For instance,

Tier 1 :

Tier 2 :

Tier 3 :

Rest of the Pack :

>How do you break down the QBs in tiers ?

It's easy.  Basically you put the very best QBs in the area labeled "Tier 1".  Then you take the group of QBs who aren't quite as good as the "Tier 1" guys and put them in the area labeled "Tier 2".  Do the same for "Tier 3" and "Rest of the Pack".  

Easy peasy.

13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Tier 1: Meh at best, lucky to be taller and whiter

Tier 2: Prescott

Tier 3: Cook/Pffft

Forget what you think, and let's do it this way.

Players who will get drafted in a certain position whether deserving or not.

1st round :

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

Paxton Lynch

Connor Cook

Christian Hackenberg

2nd round :

3rd round :

Jacoby Brissett

Cardelle Jones

4th round :

Dax Prescott

Brandon Doughty

Kevin Hogan

Vernon  Adams Jr

Rest of the draft :

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

>How do you break down the QBs in tiers ?

It's easy.  Basically you put the very best QBs in the area labeled "Tier 1".  Then you take the group of QBs who aren't quite as good as the "Tier 1" guys and put them in the area labeled "Tier 2".  Do the same for "Tier 3" and "Rest of the Pack".  

Easy peasy.

Genius, Pure Genius.

Talent like your is needed In Washington.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What about the rest of em.  Come on man . Save us . For the love of God, my baby is studying Chinese in school .  Put that Genius to work and save us. 

I'm just playing around btw.  I was quoting Rubio's line last night (that he couldn't stop repeating and got grilled in the media for).

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Can we at least draft a QB that is 6' 3" or taller and has at least 10" hands since he will be playing in the northeast weather. I know there is much more to a QB than that but Wilson and Bree's are exceptions when it comes to height.

Prescott is NFL average height, maybe a smidge shorter. Both Brees and Wilson are significantly shorter. 

Archived