Kevin Greene in Hall of Fame Joe Klecko

Bugg

17 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Greene deserves it, Klecko deserves it too

At least my boy Kenny Stabler finally got in 

Whatever happens w/ that, I think Kevin Greene deserves being put in the WWF hall of fame.

15-Kevin-Greene-photo-by-Peter-Diana-Pos

greene-kevin-image.jpg

EDIT: Holy Eff!  Kevin Greene actually WAS in the WWF.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/01/ranking-25-best-pro-football-players-turned-wrestlers/kevin-greene

Greene deserves in and so does The Snake. He should have been in years ago. I'm pissed they waited till he died. It's kind of a kiss off. What Bobby Layne was a perfect person? Paul Zimmerman and co. kept pointless grudges that meant nothing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Greene deserves in and so does The Snake. He should have been in years ago. I'm pissed they waited till he died. It's kind of a kiss off. What Bobby Layne was a perfect person? Paul Zimmerman and co. kept pointless grudges that meant nothing.

Reminds me of what the Baseball HOF did to Ron Santo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of what the Baseball HOF did to Ron Santo.

Maybe. I don't know. Zimmerman and old school sports writers were supposedly pissed off because Stabler got one of their colleagues drunk and embarrassed him in public (or something like that.) Most sports writers now would just be happy if they could quote an athlete after he vomited on them.... but back then they were a prideful bunch of harpies. And like elephants, sports writers never forget. I never heard anything bad about Santo, just that it was hard for a 3rd baseman to get in the Hall.

Maybe. I don't know. Zimmerman and old school sports writers were supposedly pissed off because Stabler got one of their colleagues drunk and embarrassed him in public (or something like that.) Most sports writers now would just be happy if they could quote an athlete after he vomited on them.... but back then they were a prideful bunch of harpies. And like elephants, sports writers never forget. I never heard anything bad about Santo, just that it was hard for a 3rd baseman to get in the Hall.

There was nothing bad to hear about Santo. The similarities were just that a well deserving HOFer failed to get in for many years and then made it immediately the year after they died. As if death was the accolade their candidacy lacked.

There was nothing bad to hear about Santo. The similarities were just that a well deserving HOFer failed to get in for many years and then made it immediately the year after they died. As if death was the accolade their candidacy lacked.

Yeah. I remember the moment I heard Ron Santo got voted in. He lost both his legs from diabetes and they still didn't give him the honor. He was great player at a difficult position and a long time gold glover. I was like, "he's dead now and you're giving him the honor?" Some guys pay their dues all their life. Ernie Lombardi told the HOF to stuff it and not vote him in after he died. They did any way.... I guess sentimentality ouways dying wishes.

The criteria that these jabronis use makes less sense than the baseball writers and that says a sh*tload considering those schlemiels are a gang of soulless werewolves with pimento jizz-filled brains. TO not making it in makes zero sense. Klecko still not making it in is a ******* travesty. Dungy actually being revered is legit nauseating. Canton is the worst hall of all the halls and it's not even close. This entire league and everyone associated with it needs to be set on fire.

Joe Klecko will have to wait like k Stabler did, to be eventually voted in as a member of the Hall of Fame.( veteran committee) Joe Klecko isn't getting elected in by the sportswriter for one reason only. He is a convicted Felon. That isn't changing anytime soon. Hopefully Joe Klecko isn't dead to enjoy that honor when the veteran committee Eventually does the right thing.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The criteria that these jabronis use makes less sense than the baseball writers and that says a sh*tload considering those schlemiels are a gang of soulless werewolves with pimento jizz-filled brains. TO not making it in makes zero sense. Klecko still not making it in is a ******* travesty. Dungy actually being revered is legit nauseating. Canton is the worst hall of all the halls and it's not even close. This entire league and everyone associated with it needs to be set on fire.

Please start the bonfire with d*ck Goodell

9 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

How the F*** T.O. isn't a first ballot hall of famer but Marvin Harrison is in over him is asinine.  So you may not like his persona, but his numbers speak volumes.  NFL dropped the ball on that one 

I never heard that.  TO isn't a HOFer?  That speaks to how ridiculous the HOF is.  We were recently discussing greatest WRs we've seen (at least since 1980) and I said TO finished 3rd for me (behind Rice and Moss) and I could absolutely see the argument for 2nd.  Others agreed on his greatness.  Yes TO was/is(?) a d-ck but he was one heck of a WR.

33 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Maybe Kleck should off himself now and surely he will be in next yr's class

Klecko is for sure 100% a HOF player, ask all his opponents that he played against

Wasn't he a pro bowler at like 3 positions (all on the D-line) too?

10 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

How the F*** T.O. isn't a first ballot hall of famer but Marvin Harrison is in over him is asinine.  So you may not like his persona, but his numbers speak volumes.  NFL dropped the ball on that one 

Because TO destroyed teams and whatever Harrison did off the field he elevated the teams he played on? 

TO isnt a first ballot HOF for good reason.

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because TO destroyed teams and whatever Harrison did off the field he elevated the teams he played on? 

Like the way he "destroyed" the Eagles in their SB against the Pats?  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Huh? Harrison almost killed a man on two different occasions and had his friend dispose of the gun the first time he shot him.  Btw are you insinuating that T.O. Didn't elevate the teams he was on because if so your completely wrong.  In the end T.O. did annoying stuff, so not sure what you are getting at with this....?

14 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

Would you have actually wanted TO on your team?  He may have been the worst team mate ever, bringing down multiple teams.

17 hours ago, The Troll said:

Greene is way up there on the sack list. He was long overdue.

Tony Dungy, on the other hand...

th?id=OIP.M8625a83c802ece7fb7f1bb8df62ca

The NFL loves it's PR.  This allows it to loudly proclaim it's "diversity efforts" by putting a Black H.C. into the Hall.

th?id=OIP.M8625a83c802ece7fb7f1bb8df62cade5o0&pid=15.1

The NFL loves it's PR.  This allows it to loudly proclaim it's "diversity efforts" by putting a Black H.C. into the Hall.

Sadly, that has a lot to do with it. Dungy cost his teams more championships than he won. He belongs in the Hall of Fame of Nice Black Guys.

Klecko, klecko, klecko.....is there anyone, among the writers, in his camp?

He needs someone to campaign for him. 

The billboard guy ain't gonna cut it. He needs someone in that room full of writers, to campaign for him. It's a shame Zimmerman had a stroke. IIRC, he was a fan. 

Greene deserved it. Can't take it away from him. Loved watching him, too. But klecko id the reason I love the game itself. He's the reason I love the green and white. 

The HOF is dead to me until he gets in.

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Would you have actually wanted TO on your team?  He may have been the worst team mate ever, bringing down multiple teams.

T.O. On the Eagles, niners, or the Cowboys is arguably better than Marshall right now.  Hate if you want Owens was a stud and its bs he's not in the hall of fame.

20 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

TO will get into the HOF soon enough, but in the end it was basically a matter of him being a dick, so they decided they wouldn't give me that extra honor of first ballot.  Hardly a first time thing from the HOF voters.

I think the majority of people would accept that reasoning if Marvin Harrison didn't probably kill a guy and/or multiple people and Dungy being a sanctimonious bigot. But hey, TO had a press conference on his driveway and complained about Romo and Witten being a butt-******* Brady Bunch,, so anything else gets ignored. The whole thing is so shamelessly priggish, because in some lunatic's head they're rationalizing that being a piece of sh*t off the field is less worse than being a dissonant pooh-bah on it.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the majority of people would accept that reasoning if Marvin Harrison didn't probably kill a guy and/or multiple people and Dungy being a sanctimonious bigot. But hey, TO had a press conference on his driveway and complained about Romo and Witten being a butt-******* Brady Bunch,, so anything else gets ignored. The whole thing is so shamelessly priggish, because in some lunatic's head they're rationalizing that being a piece of sh*t off the field is less worse than being a dissonant pooh-bah on it.

Oh yeah, it's completely absurd bullsh*t, but that's how they justify it to themselves in the end.  It's nothing more than the personal feelings of the voters, which I'm sure went this way mostly because Harrison's stuff wasn't nearly as headline grabbing as TO's tears.  Ray Lewis is a murderer and we all know he's definitely getting in first ballot too.  None of it makes a damn bit of sense.

On February 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM, DoubleDecker said:

Huh? Harrison almost killed a man on two different occasions and had his friend dispose of the gun the first time he shot him.  Btw are you insinuating that T.O. Didn't elevate the teams he was on because if so your completely wrong.  In the end T.O. did annoying stuff, so not sure what you are getting at with this....?

Not talking about Harrison, answering someone who sang the praises of TO.  

TO was more than annoying, he destroyed teams, was a locker room cancer.  If you dont get the point of that I cant help you

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, The Troll said:

Sadly, that has a lot to do with it. Dungy cost his teams more championships than he won. He belongs in the Hall of Fame of Nice Black Guys.

No, Peyton cost his teams more championships than he won.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not talking about Harrison, answering someone who sang the praises of TO.  

TO was more than annoying, he destroyed teams, was a locker room cancer.  If you dont get the point of that I cant help you

what teams did T.O. destroy?

Archived