Kevin Greene in Hall of Fame Joe Klecko

Bugg

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You should stop figuring.  He was a cancer who destroyed teams.  

I ask again- what teams did he destroy?  was it SF who made the playoffs a bunch with him? Philly who he almost dragged to a SB title? Dallas who made the playoffs and had their best year since the dynasty years or some teams late in his career that weren't very good? which teams did he "destroy"? Please enlighten me.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not talking about Harrison, answering someone who sang the praises of TO.  

TO was more than annoying, he destroyed teams, was a locker room cancer.  If you dont get the point of that I cant help you

But what does that have to do with him being in the Hall of fame?  There are many malcontents in the Hall of fame, like I said this is just plain dumb that he's not in.  I don't think you can justify his snub.

2 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

But what does that have to do with him being in the Hall of fame?  There are many malcontents in the Hall of fame, like I said this is just plain dumb that he's not in.  I don't think you can justify his snub.

I agree but I wouldn't say he was snubbed, he will make it at some point.

On 2/7/2016 at 4:09 PM, Shadetree said:

Klecko, klecko, klecko.....is there anyone, among the writers, in his camp?

He needs someone to campaign for him. 

The billboard guy ain't gonna cut it. He needs someone in that room full of writers, to campaign for him. It's a shame Zimmerman had a stroke. IIRC, he was a fan. 

Greene deserved it. Can't take it away from him. Loved watching him, too. But klecko id the reason I love the game itself. He's the reason I love the green and white. 

The HOF is dead to me until he gets in.

I thought Adam Schein was a fan as well.

No, Peyton cost his teams more championships than he won.

He also equaled the total of Super Bowls he went to in seven seasons with Dungy with Jim Caldwell as his coach the season after Dungy retired.

Then doubled it in four years with Denver. But yeah, Peyton was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

Snubbed would be the case if he never gets in.  Or was made to wait as long as say Joe Klecko.   

TO eventually will get in.  The way he destroyed teams, threw teammates under the bus and made it all about him will hurt him.  Only the amazingly stupid don't remember what kind of assh0le he was

14 hours ago, The Troll said:

He also equaled the total of Super Bowls he went to in seven seasons with Dungy with Jim Caldwell as his coach the season after Dungy retired.

Then doubled it in four years with Denver. But yeah, Peyton was the problem.

how did he do in the SB w/ Caldwell and Fox?  threw away the Caldwell one and didn't show in the Fox one. 

Never said Peyton was the problem but the facts are he hadn't yet won a playoff game and Dungy got him over the hump and his first SB where Peyton had one great half of football in 4 playoff games and did little else.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Snubbed would be the case if he never gets in.  Or was made to wait as long as say Joe Klecko.   

TO eventually will get in.  The way he destroyed teams, threw teammates under the bus and made it all about him will hurt him.  Only the amazingly stupid don't remember what kind of assh0le he was

what teams did he destroy? 

Owens and Harrison almost have identical stats. Owens played an extra 2 seasons which helps him. In those two extra seasons he had 137 receptions, 1,800 yards and 14 TD. Harrison won a Super Bowl, Owens didn't, Harrison was well liked, Owens wasn't. Also, I think Harrison actually holds more NFL records than Owens. 

Owen: 1,078 receptions,  15,934 yards, 153 TD in 15 seasons 

Harrison: 1,102 receptions, 14,580 yards, 128 TD in 13 seasons

Just now, HessStation said:

Owens and Harrison almost have identical stats. Owens played an extra 2 seasons which helps him. In those two extra seasons he had 137 receptions, 1,800 yards and 14 TD. Harrison won a Super Bowl, Owens didn't, Harrison was well liked, Owens wasn't. Also, I think Harrison actually holds more NFL records than Owens. 

Owen: 1,078 receptions,  15,934 yards, 153 TD in 15 seasons 

Harrison: 1,102 receptions, 14,580 yards, 128 TD in 13 seasons

Ironically, Owens is probably the better person. Mental, sure. But at least he isn't a murderer.

And Harrison did get to play with one slightly better QB for like a decade straight. Probably helped him a little bit. 

how did he do in the SB w/ Caldwell and Fox?  threw away the Caldwell one and didn't show in the Fox one. 

Never said Peyton was the problem but the facts are he hadn't yet won a playoff game and Dungy got him over the hump and his first SB where Peyton had one great half of football in 4 playoff games and did little else.

In the 2006 AFCCG, Manning led them back from 15 down at halftime. Sounds more like Peyton got Dungy over the hump. The fact that Dungy coached in only one Super Bowl, yet both teams he coached went to the Super Bowl THE VERY NEXT YEAR AFTER HE LEFT tells you everything you need to know about his HOF merits.

5 minutes ago, The Troll said:

In the 2006 AFCCG, Manning led them back from 15 down at halftime. Sounds more like Peyton got Dungy over the hump. The fact that Dungy coached in only one Super Bowl, yet both teams he coached went to the Super Bowl THE VERY NEXT YEAR AFTER HE LEFT tells you everything you need to know about his HOF merits.

how did they get into that 21-6 hole at the half? you think a pick 6 had anything to do w/ it? you think leading the O to 6 pts helped?  Peyton was GREAT in the 2nd half, a rare great postseason performance and his only great half of that entire postseason.  Other than that it was all D and even in that great half the D held Brady in check(though he had Gaffney and Caldwell as his main weapons so that helped).

Dungy left SB caliber teams, that is all it says.  he helped build both teams and TB was soon back down in the gutter after that team was disassembled. 

Remember, Denver was in the div round in 2011 with Tim Tebow, a year later w/ even more talent and Peyton at HOME they lost in the div round again.  THAT tells you everything you need to know about Peyton.

how did they get into that 21-6 hole at the half? you think a pick 6 had anything to do w/ it? you think leading the O to 6 pts helped?  Peyton was GREAT in the 2nd half, a rare great postseason performance and his only great half of that entire postseason.  Other than that it was all D and even in that great half the D held Brady in check(though he had Gaffney and Caldwell as his main weapons so that helped).

Dungy left SB caliber teams, that is all it says.  he helped build both teams and TB was soon back down in the gutter after that team was disassembled. 

Remember, Denver was in the div round in 2011 with Tim Tebow, a year later w/ even more talent and Peyton at HOME they lost in the div round again.  THAT tells you everything you need to know about Peyton.

This argument is so stupid, so let me just simplify it for you. Peyton Manning has been to four times as many Super Bowls as Tony Dungy and won twice as many.

The 2012 playoff loss, in which you imply that Manning choked in a game where he put up 35 points and lost because of an 80 yard miracle bomb is counter-productive to your argument.

The great Dungy has a 2-4 playoff record without Manning, 7-6 with him. Meanwhile, Manning is 8-5 since leaving Dungy, with three different coaches.

16 hours ago, The Troll said:

This argument is so stupid, so let me just simplify it for you. Peyton Manning has been to four times as many Super Bowls as Tony Dungy and won twice as many.

The 2012 playoff loss, in which you imply that Manning choked in a game where he put up 35 points and lost because of an 80 yard miracle bomb is counter-productive to your argument.

The great Dungy has a 2-4 playoff record without Manning, 7-6 with him. Meanwhile, Manning is 8-5 since leaving Dungy, with three different coaches.

what does that have to do with Tony taking over the worst franchise in the sport and turning them into winners?

Manning did NOT put up 35 points in that playoff game, the D and STs scored FOURTEEN points and he STILL couldn't find a way to win at home.  He threw 3 INts that DIRECTLY led to 17 pts in a 3 pt double OT loss which included an INT to set up the GW FG for Baltimore.

Manning won 3 playoff games this year doing absolutely nothing.

On 2/7/2016 at 11:46 PM, The Troll said:

There was nothing bad to hear about Santo. The similarities were just that a well deserving HOFer failed to get in for many years and then made it immediately the year after they died. As if death was the accolade their candidacy lacked.

...that and he did play for the Cubs.  That might have held him back.

Archived