Who Here Is Still Sticking To Their Guns

SoFlaJets

And NOT watching any more games until the Jets play again in August? Have any of you NOT watched even one down of post season football (if it could be helped that is). Granted, sometimes we end up in places that the game is on and it can't be helped but that doesn't count-you have to be in front of a TV with a box and change the channel to one that a game is being played. I've been in rooms that I'm playing a gig in and a TV is on and the game is too-not my fault. Who plans on watching something other that the game tonight?

I used to pride myself in being able to say that I have watched every Super Bowl Game live as it was happening but that changed on the night of Buffalo's 4th SB loss and the Patriots have made me do the same-which is  find something else to do on the 1st Sunday in February. I am ON STRIKE!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

And NOT watching any more games until the Jets play again in August? Have any of you NOT watched even one down of post season football (if it could be helped that is). Granted, sometimes we end up in places that the game is on and it can't be helped but that doesn't count-you have to be in front of a TV with a box and change the channel to one that a game is being played. I've been in rooms that I'm playing a gig in and a TV is on and the game is too-not my fault. Who plans on watching something other that the game tonight?

I used to pride myself in being able to say that I have watched every Super Bowl Game live as it was happening but that changed on the night of Buffalo's 4th SB loss and the Patriots have made me do the same-which is  find something else to do on the 1st Sunday in February. I am ON STRIKE!

Bah. 

You also said this ...

On January 20, 2016 at 9:50 AM, SoFlaJets said:

not for nuthin' but not only has the game become watered down this site is becoming JetsInsider Lite with a bunch of people that I had no interest in conversing with-when even people who I once considered my internet friends are turning into jerks, well maybe it's just time for me to mosey along-so consider this goodbye 

lol

If you're any sort of Jets fan then you are accustomed to this team breaking your heart. The Jets have seemingly invented new ways to f*ck their fans. The last game in Buffalo this season? That was just another in a very long list.

So personally, I don't care. I have separated myself from all the emotional attachments to this team. It works better in preparation for when this team inevitably f*cks you.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I just got a new heavy barrel Remington 700 308 to add to my collection. It's not as accurate as my 338 winmag but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot. 

But not as ideal for big game. If you're going to be hunting Elk, Moose, Buffalo, that 338 winmag is a great gun. I have a bolt action .308 M77 ultralight myself. Awesome gun and I love it. The accuracy issues I don't get? My gun I can cluster holes about the size of a quarter at 100 yards. Sounds like that Remington may need some work?

I never miss a chance to watch the NFL, with or without the Jets.  After today, we go into the dark days until training camp.  I know lots of guys get into the combine (good friggin' lord) or the draft.  But personally, I really don't care until I know who's made the Jet roster.  Then, I get crazy.

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

If anyone is this much of a baby they shouldn't admit to it.

Not watching the SB doesnt put my team in it.  Letting the Pats piss me off so much that it makes me stop watching a game I love makes no sense.  Sounding like a spoiled brat, I'm not watching unless my team is in fan says I'm a bandwagon Jet fan, not a football fan.

23 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

But not as ideal for big game. If you're going to be hunting Elk, Moose, Buffalo, that 338 winmag is a great gun. I have a bolt action .308 M77 ultralight myself. Awesome gun and I love it. The accuracy issues I don't get? My gun I can cluster holes about the size of a quarter at 100 yards. Sounds like that Remington may need some work?

One of these days I'm going elk hunting. I got the 338 for a hunt I was suppose to do in Alaska but it fell through and I ended up going to Michigan. 

As far as accuracy. Both are great but my 338 is  more consistent. I bought the 700 used so I might need to change the barrle. It could be getting worn. 

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

One of these days I'm going elk hunting. I got the 338 for a hunt I was suppose to do in Alaska but it fell through and I ended up going to Michigan. 

As far as accuracy. Both are great but my 338 is  more consistent. I bought the 700 used so I might need to change the barrle. It could be getting worn. 

How many pounds on the trigger pull? You should also check that out. There's no reason why that .308 shouldn't be just as accurate, especially a Remington. That's a nice brand.

Just now, Mainejet said:

How many pounds on the trigger pull? You should also check that out. There's no reason why that .308 shouldn't be just as accurate, especially a Remington. That's a nice brand.

I just realized you're in Maine. I'm jealous you have great hunting up there. Outside of hogs Florida sucks. 

Good idea. 

5 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I don't think I ever declared I was going to do that, lol. But I have tuned out to almost everything that doesn't involve the Jets directly since they lost.

I watched some of the playoffs, but not everything. And I haven't watched one ounce of Super Bowl coverage. I have been working a lot and I actually haven't had the TV on once all week for anything sports related.

Looking forward to the off-season officially starting.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I just got a new heavy barrel Remington 700 308 to add to my collection. It's not as accurate as my 338 winmag but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot. 

I hit a vulture (no joke) with my Walther 1894 lever action .177 pellet rifle several months ago. Knocked a small feather loose.

Does that count?

9 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I hit a vulture (no joke) with my Walther 1894 lever action .177 pellet rifle several months ago. Knocked a small feather loose.

Does that count?

I know a guy who has a problem with squirrels in his yard and he controls the population with a Gamo Whisper Quiet .177 pellet gun. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I know a guy who has a problem with squirrels in his yard and he controls the population with a Gamo Whisper Quiet .177 pellet gun. 

Squirrels are cool. How are they a problem? I hand feed them raw walnuts and pecans.  

15 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Does that count?

I've never eaten a vulture before and I don't really want to (crusher might) so that's all you and aim for the head next time. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I've never eaten a vulture before and I don't really want to (crusher might) so that's all you and aim for the head next time. 

Just wanted to scare it off the roof. Our cat was doing this funny trot, ears back, making a nervous warble sound. She was looking toward the roof that's how I noticed it. 

Always wanted a Henry .22 or maybe a lever action Uberti for coyotes, raccoons, etc.

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Why did Buffalo losing change your attitude?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

They are very destructive and aggressive he has had them chew on his wooden deck,pool cover and garbage cans. 

They chew stuff to tone their teeth, keep them short. Squirrels' teeth grow at the same rate human hair grows. 

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I don't recall this being a big thing, tbh.

With that said, I haven't watched a second of football since the Jets lost in Buffalo, and will only watch tonight for the commercials/excuse to drink beer/excuse to eat nachos.

If you don't have money on the game, I'd wonder why any Jets fan would care....at all.....about tonights outcome.

Just now, Warfish said:

I don't recall this being a big thing, tbh.

With that said, I haven't watched a second of football since the Jets lost in Buffalo, and will only watch tonight for the commercials/excuse to drink beer/excuse to eat nachos.

If you don't have money on the game, I'd wonder why any Jets fan would care....at all.....about tonights outcome.

Because I like the game itself. I actually prefer to watch two teams that I don't have emotional baggage with at times, so that my emotions don't run high. All I asked was that the Pats didn't get there and they didnt

40 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because I like the game itself. I actually prefer to watch two teams that I don't have emotional baggage with at times, so that my emotions don't run high. All I asked was that the Pats didn't get there and they didnt

Does that mean you're gonna ruin the SB50 game thread too (like all others) and snivel that the game is over in the first quarter?

25 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Just wanted to scare it off the roof. Our cat was doing this funny trot, ears back, making a nervous warble sound. She was looking toward the roof that's how I noticed it. 

Always wanted a Henry .22 or maybe a lever action Uberti for coyotes, raccoons, etc.

If you're planning on killing the coyotes  humanely I'd go with a larger scopes bolt action like a 22-250 or 222. For coons or squirrels a 22 lever is prefect. 

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

They chew stuff to tone their teeth, keep them short. Squirrels' teeth grow at the same rate human hair grows. 

All the more reason to take them out.  He only shoots them when they become destructive on his property otherwise he leaves them alone. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All the more reason to take them out.  He only shoots them when they become destructive on his property otherwise he leaves them alone. 

squirrels are territorial.  you shoot one, another one moves in

he should research his enemy, maybe find some nice squirrels to rent to

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If you're planning on killing the coyotes  humanely I'd go with a larger scopes bolt action like a 22-250 or 222. For coons or squirrels a 22 lever is prefect. 

Completely disagree. If you're planning on killing coyotes humanely you're going to want to trick the coyote into being humiliated by the failure or ineptitude of his own Acme products.

Archived